Some many good players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some many good players

It's strange to me with so many great players you still see the same lineups over and over. I know everyone trying to rackup wins I get it. Be fun to face diff guys more often. I stick to reds and White Sox and some of my fav guys around the league. I am not complaining just interesting that you don't see more variety of lineups.

depends on if someone is trying to command a team, complete a mission or get a certain card out of the captain store... I know some people immediately ran through all that stuff and are now playing with their best possible team... me personally I haven't seen too many of the same teams... in BR "Reggie Stocker" will often be on a few guys I've played teams but I've also seen teams without him... head to head is prob another story but it all boils down to what your opponent is trying to accomplish with the game... if you play me twice in a row you're liable to see 25 completely different players on my roster

Comment

For me, I use a similar line-up almost every game, but I use most of the players for the reason of completing the conquest innings played missions, or to get more tickets based on the captain I have selected. My line-up currently with Donaldson as my captain:

1.) L CF Leg. Lofton
      2.) S SS Live Lindor
      3.) S C Created Player
      4.) R LF Live Cespedes, Platoon Live Braun vs Lefties
      5.) L 1B Live Freeman
      6.) R 2B Live Betts
      7.) L 3B Live Kyle Seager, Platoon can't remember
      8.) R RF Live Pence
      9.) Pitcher

I have never seen anyone who plays a lineup similar to this, but I use this because it gives me all around decent attributes for speed, defense, contact, and power. Plus it makes it harder to bring in relievers with Lefty and Righty match ups throughout my batting order. My DD record isn't great because it has taken me a while to find a batting order that works for me.
      Last edited by va_hick; 08-03-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I see every game Mariners ichrio cespedes hosmer belted fielder it's like everyone plays these guys. I use Crawford, Brandon Phillips FB, Ken Griffey Jr, Edgar mart, Votto, AJ P FB, Barry Larkin, tony Gwynn and I don't change lineup ever based on pitcher I just ride with my guys.

Comment

I think Iam like 18 games over .500 so I am no world beater either lol

Comment

Originally posted by BYUBalln View Post
            I see every game Mariners ichrio cespedes hosmer belted fielder it's like everyone plays these guys. I use Crawford, Brandon Phillips FB, Ken Griffey Jr, Edgar mart, Votto, AJ P FB, Barry Larkin, tony Gwynn and I don't change lineup ever based on pitcher I just ride with my guys.
            I see those players a lot too. The only reason I use Cespedes is 2000 innings to get Billy Wagner, and he grow up, Billy Wagner, near my hometown. He was a great closer too. Another player, which I see a lot is Kris Bryant, and although I have his card, I don't use him because I have completed the Cubs innings needed, and I don't really hit that well with him. I like completing the missions. To me, it takes away some of the grind of just playing DD. I want Tony Gwynn too. I am 38, and he was the greatest hitter I have ever seen. I am a Braves fan, and he had a career batting average over .300 against Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz. He was such a better hitter than juiced Bonds, who was great hitter until the juice. What a jackass.
            Last edited by va_hick; 08-04-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I completed the SD to get Mat Latos and then I was like well I need that Gwynn card. He is awesome in DD and in real life. Griffey was the best player I ever saw hands down just amazing even better watching him live. I can't stand bonds either

Comment

Bonds raked on and off the juice. Gwynn was a better hitter though

I ride a couple of lineups, but my base is mostly Giants, grew up going to candlestick... Bonds was exciting to watch btw, off the juice, and on the juice, always carried a sense of entitlement though. Most would say he earned the reputation, easy to dislike his personality but his ability was scary good on the field, easy to forgive his person As a giants fan.

1. Pence
                2. Panik and FB Utley
                3. Mccutcheon
                4, Buster
                5. FB Pablo and KBryant
                6. Belt
                7. Crawford
                8. Span

There are so many fun players out there so I like to rotate players of my interest but completing sets definitely influences my lineup decisions, as well.

Comment

Working...
                X