Can someone explain potential to me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain potential to me?

I know that for the prospects, if you have two at 60 overall, for example, one with A potential will grow faster/to a higher overall than someone with a C. I get that.

What I DON'T understand is how David Ortiz has A potential at age 40 and Hanley Ramirez has B at age 32.

Anyone know this area better than I do?

I'd guess that it's generally based on what they've done in their careers to that point. Outside of that, I can't really think of a better explanation, considering Ortiz has definitely grown as much as he will by now.

Comment

Originally posted by JHardy927 View Post
      I'd guess that it's generally based on what they've done in their careers to that point. Outside of that, I can't really think of a better explanation, considering Ortiz has definitely grown as much as he will by now.

From what I understand potential is the maximum overall a player can reach in their career. The higher the potential the faster younger players will progress to that potential. Older players like Ortiz with higher potentials will regress slower than older guys with lower potentials.

Comment

Working...
      X