Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amish Launched Legends! A Created GOAT Franchise!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish Launched Legends! A Created GOAT Franchise!

I have been having a great time following Franchises like JHardy and MLBLover have, and had a decent time my last time around as "TiredOfVikes Tasks the Twins." But the time has come for a NEW CHAPTER!

It's been some hard work, but I've put together the 30 teams' GOAT as documented by user rosters from biebig, DrSublime and PhilParent to name just a few... In addition, users like RidingWithKingsley have contributed the best created prospects, of which I have chosen the Top 5 from each team, According to MLB.com..PLUS have created myself and a few friends as prospects!

Follow along with me at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn on my adventure! I hope to have all rosters set and play began by mid-to-late next week!
    CATCH ME ON TWITCH.TV (live or archived) DOING MLB THE SHOW FRANCHISE at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

In addition, teams that had empty slots will seek to employ some of the biggest busts in MLB History. Guys like Billy Beane and Clint Hurdle(who were horrible highly touted draft prospects, but turned out alright in management roles). ..Brien Taylor, Danny Goodwin, Shawn Abner and Matt Bush. and a few guys like Todd Van Poppel, Phil Nevin and Travis Fryman-who were each on the cusp of greatness, but never could quite clear that final Mike Mussina-like hurdle!
    Last edited by Yngwie_Swain; 11-25-2016, 04:42 AM.
    CATCH ME ON TWITCH.TV (live or archived) DOING MLB THE SHOW FRANCHISE at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

Comment

It may or may not take an additional week to get everything in order....I have close to 100 players left to either import or create...Probably gonna use one of the fictional rosters from the vault and do some modding to real guys...LOTS of relief pitching to grab...like Greg Harris ('81-'95 Red Sox), Eric Plunk ('86-'99 A's), John Hiller ('65 to '80 Tigers Southpaw) and Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd from the 80's Red Sox teams! WOOT!

Comment

One division down, five to go! The NL East is complete....hopefully tonight I can get started on the Central! Who knows if this Franchise will be going before we hit 2017? Sure is a sweet-looking roster, though...with Salary Adjustments made and everything! Check out www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn . I do a lil' GTA Online streaming as well if u want to see some of those archives, too

Comment

IT'S TIME! and last night launched the GOAT Franchise...the best-of-the-best ever to play in MLB!(with the exception of Cobb, Wagner and a few other early 1900s guys-no one in the old era) The two feature matches saw Randy "The Big Unit" Johnson and the GOAT Diamondbacks take on the GOAT Cubs and "Three Finger" Brown and possibly the best GOAT team, the New York Yankees visit the Rogers Center and played a THRILLER of a match against the GOAT Blue Jays and longtime Yankee-but-mostly-Jay during his career, David Wells!

April has been completed and tonight will see May matchups include the AL East-leading Red Sox and Rocket Roger Clemens visit the Bronx and take on Whitey Ford-led Yankees WITHOUT the injured Joe DiMaggio! I'm sure enough firepower can be found in reserve for Joltin' Joe's replacement candidates-but just in case not....tune in TONIGHT at http://www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn and FIND OUT YOURSELF!

Comment

What an interesting June it was in last night's stream of the GOAT Franchise, year 1! A 2 run-Homer in the bottom of the ninth by Harry Heilmann sparked the Detroit Tigers tiebreak win over the Chicago White Sox in game 1, while Teddy Higuera and the Milwaukee Brewers used a 3 run shot to str8away Center 413 feet later by Paul Molitor to break a 3-all tie and eventually propel them to an 8-3 win in game 2, and Sandy Koufax hurled 7 innings of shutout ball...scattering 7 hits and a walk with 12 strikeouts as the Dodgers defeat the Pirates at Forbes Field, 1-0!
            Then the first trades of the season went down...one of which saw the Kansas City Royals send Catcher Mike MacFarlane to the Houston Astros in exchange for 2B Jose Altuve, SS Dickie Thon and a Minor League Prospect!
            Up next, we will see the GOAT all-star teams do battle...the best of the GOATs in either league squaring off and then it's the GOAT Minnesota Twins leading the way into the rest of July and through August before Pennant Race Watch heats up in September with call-ups to a 40-man roster and Minor League Playoffs....

Don't miss all the fun! Come chat with me and follow www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn for great GOAT Baseball action! I usually broadcast Thursday evenings, Central Time.

Comment

Another fun one ya probably missed out on last night, as the NL GOAT All-Stars Held on for a 5-4 win, and the GOAT Twins (of which I have taken control of exclusively from this point until the playoffs) staged an improbable comeback win after being shutout into the 9th inning-(it was all for naught by The Cleveland Indians and Starter Bob Feller as Chuck Knoblauch smashes a walk-off Home run).....Holding off on finishing July until the New Year turns and the usual Thursday comes around- Hoping for Broadcast sometime mid-afternoon on January 5....hope u can join me! www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

Comment

with the January 5 Broadcast complete...we have set the stage for the first GOAT World Series between the San Francisco(New York) Giants and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim(California)!
                It was a three-run walk-off Homer by Joe DiMaggio in the Wild Card Game that set up the Yankees for a Divisional Round battle and eventual 3 game sweep of AL-Leading Boston before the Angels took Charge at home, then took one on the Road and back to California for an eventual Series win. Meanwhile, in the National League-The Giants battled back against NL-Leading Philadelphia in the Divisional round after dispatching the Mets in the Wild Card and then took out the Pirates (who had beaten the Dodgers in the divisional) in the NLCS. Join Me on Friday, January 13th as the World Series gets underway on the West Coast! www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

Comment

^bump....if u wanna join me on www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn tonight live! (or catch the archived broadcast that will be in there after!)

Comment

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim/Anaheim-California Angels have defeated the San Francisco/New York Giants 4 games to 1 and are GOAT Champs for the first season! There has been a flurry of activity as I take control of my Twins and go to the offseason and land controversial Left Fielder/Infielder Pete Rose(2 year, 59.9million/29.95 2017), but can't quite close the deal on either Ernie Banks(Dodgers 9 years, $227.7 mill/25.3 2017), Joe Cronin(Angels 4 years $105.8 mil/26.45 2017) or Jim Fregosi(also Dodgers? wtf?! 4 years-$110.6 mil/27.66 2017) to fill the shortstop role! (I think I'm settling for Zolio Versalles and Rafael Furcal) Other major signings see Mike Schmidt go to the World Champion Angels(10 years, $246,500,000/24.65 2017), and Ted Williams to the Cubs and Gary Carter to the Giants (both 8 years, $207.8 mil/25.97 2017)...but we've only entered December...so tune in TONIGHT at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn as we wrap up the offseason and sim the spring and set rosters and do Opening Day 2017 as The Twins! Looking for a 7pm, Central stream time-but hit that follow button and get notified to see me go live when I do!

Comment

^ bumping

AND

Setting a tentative February 2 Broadcast announcement and continuation of an opening road series against the Defending World Champion, LA Angels of Anahiem! Game One broadcast is archived at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn if you want to see a hard-fought game! Game 2 was simmed with Bert Blyleven taking the loss for the GOAT Twins....

I will pick it up with Game 3-sending Johann Santana to toe the rubber....Gonna shoot for a 6pm, Central start time, Thursday, Feb 2 if u wanna join me live!

Comment

Tentative tonight is OFFICIALLY TONIGHT. at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn if you want to check out the GOAT!

Comment

Working...
                        X