Atlanta Braves The Show 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Braves The Show 16

This is my first time doing a franchise for MLB The Show. I have selected the Atlanta Braves as the team I will use. I will be using the fantasy draft for the duration of the franchise. Shortly, I will begin the draft to see who will be a Bravo.

This will be considered my version of the offseason, where teams talk about which free agent they want to sign, or talk with other teams for possible trades.

I will return when the draft is completed.

Atlanta Braves Draft Report

1B David Ortiz (Age 40)
    3B Adrian Beltre (Age 37)
    CP David Robertson (Age 30)
    SP Rich Hill (Age 36)
    SP John Lackey (Age 37)
    SP Julio Teheran (Age 25)
    RP Pat Neshek (Age 35)
    RP Koji Uehara (Age 41)
    SP Adam Wainwright (Age 34)
    C Evan Gattis (Age 29)
    2B Brandon Phillips (Age 34)
    SS Yunel Escobar (Age 33)
    LF Matt Holliday (Age 36)
    RP Fernando Rodney (Age 39)
    RP Joaquin Benoit (Age 38)
    SP Bartolo Colon (Age 42)
    3B Ryon Healy (Age 24)
    RF Ichiro Suzuki (Age 42)
    C Carlos Ruiz (Age 37)
    C A.J. Pierzynski (Age 39)
    SP R.A. Dickey (Age 41)
    RP Jason Grilli (Age 39)
    RP Joe Nathan (Age 41)
    3B Kelly Johnson (Age 34)
    RP Javier Lopez (Age 38)
    CP J.J. Hoover (Age 28)
    SP Chris Capuano (Age 37)
    C Ryan Hanigan (Age 35)
    SS M. Kawasaki (Age 34)
    C Brayan Pena (Age 34)
    1B Ryan Howard (Age 36)
    CF Manuel Margot (Age 21)
    3B Jimmy Sanchez (Age 25)
    RP Chris Young (Age 36)
    CF Justin Ruggiano (Age 33)
    CF Keon Broxton (Age 25)
    C Chris Stewart (Age 34)
    1B Mark Teixeira (Age 35)
    RP Ross Ohlendorf (Age 33)
    RP Ryan Vogelsong (Age 38)
    RP Matt Belisle (Age 35)
    SP Curt Griffith (Age 18)
    3B Tommy La Stella (Age 27)
    SP Colin Rodney (Age 27)
    SP Diego Santos (Age 24)
    SP Marlon Sharpe (Age 27)
    SP Tom Song (Age 20)
    RP Hunter Valentine (Age 20)
    RP Phil Coke (Age 33)
    SP Edmund Arellano (Age 24)
    SP Ernesto Espinosa (Age 26)
    3B Manny Pacheco (Age 29)
    SP Steven Ross (Age 26)
    SP Jerome Williams (Age 34)
    CF Austin Wilson (Age 38)
    LF Sam Fuld (Age 34)
    SP Art Barresi (Age 21)
    SP J. Jefferson (Age 22)
    RP Tomas Piedra (Age 24)
    RP Brian Duensing (Age 33)
    CP Grady Hatcher (Age 28)
    2B Danny Worth (Age 30)
    SS Emmanuel Burriss (Age 31)
    RP Sam Valenzuela (Age 19)
    LF Reed Johnson (Age 39)
    RP Terrance Jordan (Age 20)
    CF Kenneth Joseph (Age 28)
    3B Harold Robertson (Age 29)
    LF Rickie Weeks (Age 33)
    RP Richard Lee (Age 21)
    SP Alonso Lozano (Age 19)
    RP Dustin McGowan (Age 34)
    3B Pedro Salazar (Age 27)
    RP Johnny Andersen (Age 22)
    RF Tom Baker (Age 27)
    SP Garrett Gorman (Age 25)
    RP Peter Moylan (Age 37)
    2B Nate Pritchard (Age 29)
    CF Jose Gutierrez (Age 27)
    RF Lonny Fader (Age 18)
    RF Mitch Sizemore (Age 29)
    3B Joe Firks (Age 29)
    SP Jose Guerrero (Age 28)
    RF Julio Perez (Age 29)
    CF Tommy Park (Age 29)
    RF Shawn Trayer (Age 29)
    LF Russell Adkins (Age 29)
    LF Garth Lassiter (Age 19)
    3B Stuart Liber (Age 29)

Comment

I created a Facebook Fan Page for my Atlanta Braves franchise, and I hope it's ok to share it here.

https://www.facebook.com/MLB-The-Sho...0916215585687/

I will be posting my franchise stories on the fan page as I go forward, but I will post those stories here too.

Comment

Atlanta Braves 2016 Lineups and Pitching Rotation
        Attached Files

Comment

Mississippi Braves Lineups and Pitching Rotation
          Attached Files

Comment

Gwinnett Braves Lineups and Pitching Rotation
            Attached Files

Comment

April 4, 2016 Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves Preview Starting Lineup and Pitching
              Attached Files
              Last edited by briangriffin1980; 12-24-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

April 4, 2016 Opening Day Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves

Opening Day for David Ortiz will be a day he will not forget. David Ortiz went 4-for-5 for Atlanta with 4 HRs, and 6 RBIs.

Things got started for David Ortiz went he hit a 2-Run homer into right to give Atlanta the 2-0 lead in the Bottom of the 1st off of Washington Nationals pitcher Edinson Volquez.

In the Top of the 2nd Hyun soo Kim got first major league hit with a double with the Washington Nationals. The next batter Carlos Corporan went deep when he homered to right to tie the game up at 2-2.

In the Bottom of the 2nd with the bases loaded, Braves pitcher Rich Hill up to bat gets himself a 2-RBI-Single to the lead back to Atlanta at 4-2.

In the Bottom of the 3rd Ortiz was in on his second at-bat for Atlanta, when he gets his 2nd homer of the game to extend the lead for the Braves to 5-2. Later in Bottom of the 5th Ortiz for third at-bat he gets his 3rd homer with a 2-run shot into center giving the Braves a 7-2 lead over the Washington Nationals. Three batters later it would be Matt Holliday who gets himself a 2-Run homer of his own to make it a 9-2 lead for Atlanta.

In the Top of the 6th Washington Nationals' Evan Longoria blasts a solo-homer to cut into Atlanta's lead to make it a 9-3.

In the Bottom of the 8th for David Ortiz's fifth at-bat, he goes yard for the fourth time of the game with a solo-homer to stretch Atlanta's lead to 10-3.

The Atlanta Braves defeated the Washington Nationals 10-3, thanks to the bat of David Ortiz.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by briangriffin1980; 12-24-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

April 4, 2016 Opening Day Washington Nationals at Atlanta FULL GAME

https://youtu.be/TMo8THDI65Y
                  Last edited by briangriffin1980; 12-24-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

April 6, 2016 Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves Starting Lineup and Pitching
                    Attached Files

Comment

April 6, 2016 Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves

The Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals took the field for Game 2 of series, and the Nationals starting pitching got hammered from the start.

In the Bottom of the 2nd Yunel Escobar smacked a 3-Run homer over the left field wall that caught the foul pole to gI've Atlanta an early 3-0 lead over Washington.

Then in the Bottom of 3rd David Ortiz and Evan Gattis went back-to-back for solo-homers that pushed the Atlanta lead to 4-2. Still in the Bottom of the 3rd inning, Matt Holliday got in on the solo-homer parade to extend the lead for Atlanta at 6-0.

In the Bottom of the 4th, Rajai Davis singled to left to score Escobar to widen the lead for Atlanta at 7-0.

In the Bottom of the 6th, Rajai Davis was again at the plate with the bases loaded, and blasted a Grand Slam Homer pushing the lead for Atlanta to 11-0.

The Atlanta offense lit up the Washington Nationals starting pitcher Jesse Hahn, and the Braves would win this one 11-0 over the Washington Nationals.

Also to note the Atlanta offense wasn't the only force at hand to win, but give credit to Julio Teheran, who went the full 9 innings only allowing 4 hits and striking out the Nationals' batter 13 times.
                      Attached Files

Comment

April 6, 2016 Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves FULL GAME

https://youtu.be/HdnJ2jv3kl8

Comment

This is the 1st Edition of Atlanta Braves The Show LIVE! This is something I will try to after I finished a series before I go to the next series.

First off I finished up a two game sweep of the Washington Nationals. In Game 1 of the Series Opener, all praises were on Atlanta's 1B David Ortiz who went 4-for-5 with all 4 hits coming via of the homerun ball. It just seemed like each homer hit by David Ortiz went further than the one from the previous at-bat.

In Game 2 of the Series Finale the Atlanta offense came alive by lighting up the Washington Nationals' starting pitcher Jesse Hahn and relief Julio Urias for 5 home runs by Rajai Davis, David Ortiz, Evan Gattis, Matt Holliday, and Yunel Escobar, which led to a 11-0 victory for Atlanta.

The pitching for Atlanta also was great from the starters and bullpen. For Game 1 it was Rich Hill, who went 6 innings only allowing 7 hits, 3 runs, and recorded 10 strike outs. Coming out of the bullpen were Chris Young, Javier Lopez, and Joe Nathan, which none allowed a hit and combined for 3 strike outs.

In Game 2, not enough can be said for Julio Teheran, went the full 9 innings and pitched lights out baseball. Teheran was very dominant in his pitching performance. Teheran allowed only 4 hits, walked 1, and punched out the Washington Nationals' batters 13 times.

For the two games combined the Atlanta offense recorded 29 hits, which isn't a bad start to the season.

Now it's on to get ready for the St. Louis Cardinals, who will be in town at Turner Field.

Be well everyone, and a Merry Christmas to all in the MLB The Show Nation!
                          Attached Files

Comment

April 8, 2016 St. Louis Cardinals at Atlanta Braves Starting Lineup and Pitching Preview
                            Attached Files

Comment

April 8, 2016 St. Louis Cardinals at Atlanta Braves

Game 1 of 3

St. Louis Cardinals came into the game with a 3-0 start to take on the 2-0 Atlanta Braves. Taking the mound for the Braves was Adam Wainwright and Rubby De La Rosa opposing for the Cardinals.

In the Bottom of the 3rd, Ichiro Suzuki faked bunt attempt turned into a swing away that he capped a solo-homer to give Atlanta the 1-0 advantage. Later in the same inning, Evan Gattis blasts a 2-Run homer to extend that lead to 3-0 Atlanta's favor.

In the Bottom of the 4th, Rajai Davis caps a 2-Run homer of his own that would push the Atlanta lead to 5-0.

In the Bottom of the 6th, Ichiro Suzuki would hit a RBI-Single to score Brandon Phillips making it a 6-0 Atlanta lead over St. Louis.

In the Top of the 8th, Jarrod Dyson would crush a solo-homer to finally put the Cardinals on the board. The St. Louis Cardinals trailed 6-1.

In the Top of 9th, the St. Louis Cardinals attempted to complete the comback. Kurt Suzuki would hit a 2-Run-RBI-Single into center to score Adam Lind from 3rd and Nomar Mazara from 2nd, but the Cardinals still trailed 6-3 to Atlanta.

Adam Wainwright would stay on the mound and finished off the St. Louis Cardinals to give the Atlanta Braves the win.

This is the second game in a row where the Atlanta bullpen got the night off.

The Atlanta Braves improve to 3-0, while the St. Louis Cardinals dropped to 3-1 to start the 2016 campaign.

Upcoming Game: April 9, 2016 St. Louis Cardinals (3-1) at Atlanta Braves (3-0)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X