MVP Award

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP Award

I'm about to complete the 2020 season that I started with MLB14. I've had 12 MVP Award winners, with 2 more coming within 5 games. Of those 12 the award was won by 11 pitchers and 2 more are front runners for 2020. Is anybody else having such a disproportionate amount of MVP Awards go to pitchers?

EDIT- I've had triple crown winners and 50 homerun players loose out to pitchers.

i had it happen in rtts. my pitcher who was 18-6 1.98 era 271 k 258 2/3 ip 6cg 5 sho. beat out a .342 47 hr 128 rbi hitter. he also had league lead in 2b-48 .671 slg and 10.38 ops and not lead but 108 runs. i led league in wins era cg whip so and ip, but i was fairly certain the hitter should have gotten it

Comment

Update- I'm nearing the end of 2021. Both my 2020 MVP awards were won by pitchers which gave me 13 of 14 being pitchers. With 20 games my front runners are again both pitchers. I repeat, does anyone else have this happen in continued franchises? Do the developers realize this happens?

My pitchers are not having better years than my batters so I'm confused. I use the Dodgers and while Kershaw dominates I have yet to have a better video game season than his real life season yet he wins all the awards.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
        Update- I'm nearing the end of 2021. Both my 2020 MVP awards were won by pitchers which gave me 13 of 14 being pitchers. With 20 games my front runners are again both pitchers. I repeat, does anyone else have this happen in continued franchises? Do the developers realize this happens?

My pitchers are not having better years than my batters so I'm confused. I use the Dodgers and while Kershaw dominates I have yet to have a better video game season than his real life season yet he wins all the awards.

how good are his seasons in relation to other starting pitchers in-game? If he is miles better than those guys and if the Dodgers are winning games then that could be why. I was disappointed that my RTTS guy didn't even sniff the MVP is his rookie season... I hit an unrealistic (in this current era of baseball) 100 hrs and drove in 200+ runs while batting over .600... I did however win ROY and Silver Slugger DH but Josh Donaldson got the MVP and I pretty much more than doubled his production. But yeah Kershaw got NL MVP. Last I checked prior to the awards being decided was look at his numbers and he was better than the 2nd place Cy Young contender and it was particularly close.

Comment

Not really. I've had pitchers win both that I'm not sure should win the Cy Young over the second place guy. For example, my 2019 AL Cy Young had Noah Syndergaard win over Aaron Sanchez and I feel it's because he had 22 wins verses 17 wins. Sanchez had the ERA edge, 2.20 to 3.18 and lead the league in strikeouts 259 to Syndergaard's 257. Syndergaard also loss twice as many, 9 losses to 4 losses for Sanchez. I just wrote those numbers down but can fetch any other numbers you want.

Syndergaard is on the Yankees, sorry Met fans, and Sanchez is still on Toronto. The Yankees won the division by 2 over the Blue Jays who were the top wild card team.

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

how good are his seasons in relation to other starting pitchers in-game? If he is miles better than those guys and if the Dodgers are winning games then that could be why. I was disappointed that my RTTS guy didn't even sniff the MVP is his rookie season... I hit an unrealistic (in this current era of baseball) 100 hrs and drove in 200+ runs while batting over .600... I did however win ROY and Silver Slugger DH but Josh Donaldson got the MVP and I pretty much more than doubled his production. But yeah Kershaw got NL MVP. Last I checked prior to the awards being decided was look at his numbers and he was better than the 2nd place Cy Young contender and it was particularly close.

Comment

Working...
          X