Trading draft picks???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading draft picks???

Why can't we trade draft picks in franchise mode?? Every other sports game does. I find it silly that a great game franchise like mlb the show doesn't have that. The developers need to get that straightened out.

Originally posted by PatriotFighter77 View Post
    Why can't we trade draft picks in franchise mode?? Every other sports game does. I find it silly that a great game franchise like mlb the show doesn't have that. The developers need to get that straightened out.

You cant trade draft picks in real life, so thats why its not in the game.

Comment

Oh. My bad. Lol

Comment

Plus it is baseball lol. A 375th pick has about the same chance as being a star one day as a 85th pick.

Comment

In real baseball the players drafted in 2016 are available when signed in 2016 not in 2017. In other words they got the trading part right but not all of the draft is right.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
            In real baseball the players drafted in 2016 are available when signed in 2016 not in 2017. In other words they got the trading part right but not all of the draft is right.
            Kind of true.. but the way the game is set up, the developers aren't wrong. When players are drafted, they go to the rookie league. The game only has roster positions for high A.. so given that, they're technically not wrong

Comment

In my head they are in rookie ball. There are rare players drafted that play the season drafted like Brandon Finnigan won the college and major league World Series in the same year.

Originally posted by MileHighMadness1 View Post

Kind of true.. but the way the game is set up, the developers aren't wrong. When players are drafted, they go to the rookie league. The game only has roster positions for high A.. so given that, they're technically not wrong

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                In my head they are in rookie ball. There are rare players drafted that play the season drafted like Brandon Finnigan won the college and major league World Series in the same year.
                Yeah but he's literally the only one that's ever done that. It's very rare that a player reaches the show the same year they were drafted. It's happened 55 times since the first draft, and only 15 times since 1990

Comment

Nice research. I didn't say it happens often, however it happens and you proved it better than me. It actually happened more than I thought. In my 8 year old franchise it might have happened once. It wouldn't happen with my team since I always draft late however some of my CPU teams sure could use their draftees.

The reality is the game is coded to have 90 player slots and the draft puts you over 90.

Originally posted by MileHighMadness1 View Post

Yeah but he's literally the only one that's ever done that. It's very rare that a player reaches the show the same year they were drafted. It's happened 55 times since the first draft, and only 15 times since 1990

Comment

Working...
                  X