Trading for cash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for cash

Why cant we make trades for players AND cash in The Show - like real life baseball? Am I missing something obvious? Cash seems to involved in a lot of player trades.

I'm of the opinion that quite a few things need to be looked at with trades. Other teams seem to agree to trades without considering factors outside cash and potential. As long as that blue line is in your favour, the trade ALWAYS goes through. And its instantaneous. You could be in a tight race for the division title, yet still your division rivals will readily trade away their stalwarts to you.

I took the Athletics to the world series in two years from rebuilding and plunging my division rival's stocks. It was too easy. It isn't like this in the real world.
    Last edited by Hugh_Jars44; 02-27-2017, 02:46 AM.

Originally posted by Hugh_Jars44 View Post
    Why cant we make trades for players AND cash in The Show - like real life baseball? Am I missing something obvious? Cash seems to involved in a lot of player trades.

I'm of the opinion that quite a few things need to be looked at with trades. Other teams seem to agree to trades without considering factors outside cash and potential. As long as that blue line is in your favour, the trade ALWAYS goes through. And its instantaneous. You could be in a tight race for the division title, yet still your division rivals will readily trade away their stalwarts to you.

I took the Athletics to the world series in two years from rebuilding and plunging my division rival's stocks. It was too easy. It isn't like this in the real world.

I think with any sports game the trading system can be swayed into the players favor... its just a matter of what you are willing to give up and how strict you set the trade settings/sliders. I don't think games will put in things like trades for cash considerations as there is no real way to implement. I mean they do have budget in the game but atleast to me I think doing cash consideration trades would make the trade system even easier to take advantage of. Similar to 2K and EA Sports where you can trade draft picks (not sure if you can do that in MLB) and depending on how you work the system you can easily get some of the best players in the game on one team provided you work your cap/budget correctly.

Comment

It would be cool if they one day added this! Like in real life, some trades are sent off with both players AND sums of money. It would only add to the realism.

Comment

Yeah it would be but I think the closest we will get to this is whatever "Cash Flow" does. I know that gets shown when making trades but the way it was explained it didn't sound like "Cash Considerations Trading"

Comment

What is shows is how much each teams team budget adjust after the trade. I don't see cash ever become part of trades. I personally feel cash shouldn't be allowed in real trades either.

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post
          Yeah it would be but I think the closest we will get to this is whatever "Cash Flow" does. I know that gets shown when making trades but the way it was explained it didn't sound like "Cash Considerations Trading"

Comment

Working...
          X