Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Franchise Team

Hey,

Any suggestions on what the go-to franchise team is? I want a semi-rebuilding team but also won't be last in the division.

Originally posted by AngelsBeisbol View Post
    Hey,

Any suggestions on what the go-to franchise team is? I want a semi-rebuilding team but also won't be last in the division.
    Do you plan on playing multiple years? Here are some teams that come to mind that could compete for a playoff spot.

The Yankees (great farm system), Rays (tough budget), Orioles (Could turn into a rebuild as entire core of team is a free agent within the next two years), Royals (same as Orioles except the core is a free agent at the end of 2017), Twins (Good young players but no farm system now that Sano, Buxton, Kepler are on the major league roster), Angels (Could trade Trout to rebuild the system), Rockies (Decent Farm, good young players on major league roster), Diamondbacks (Goldschmidt),

Comment

Originally posted by shawn0227 View Post

Do you plan on playing multiple years? Here are some teams that come to mind that could compete for a playoff spot.

The Yankees (great farm system), Rays (tough budget), Orioles (Could turn into a rebuild as entire core of team is a free agent within the next two years), Royals (same as Orioles except the core is a free agent at the end of 2017), Twins (Good young players but no farm system now that Sano, Buxton, Kepler are on the major league roster), Angels (Could trade Trout to rebuild the system), Rockies (Decent Farm, good young players on major league roster), Diamondbacks (Goldschmidt),
      Yeah, I plan on playing a couple seasons. I was considering the Angels or the Yankees. By any chance, do you know how the Blue Jays or the Braves would be? By that, I mean how their farm system is and budget.

Thanks,

Comment

Blue Jays are about middle of the pack for prospects, they are towards the top of the league in terms of payroll though. Braves have a very good farm system, especially in terms of young arms.

Yankees are probably in the best position in terms of budget and farm system, but then again, you would have to be the yankees....

Comment

Originally posted by AngelsBeisbol View Post

Yeah, I plan on playing a couple seasons. I was considering the Angels or the Yankees. By any chance, do you know how the Blue Jays or the Braves would be? By that, I mean how their farm system is and budget.

Thanks,

Blue Jays would be a compete now as Donaldson is a free agent after 2018, not much for prospects. The Braves would be a long-term project as you have great prospects but most are still a year or two away.

Comment

Okay, thanks you guys! Im considering either the Braves or the Yankees. It will probably be the Braves though, knowing I'll have the new Suntrust Park.

Comment

Yankees are said to have one of the top farm systems now...
              #Baseballislife

Comment

I will be playing as my lovely Yankees. It's about time we have a good farm system to play with. Maybe I won't have to do a massive fire sale for once haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolukonu View Post
                  I will be playing as my lovely Yankees. It's about time we have a good farm system to play with. Maybe I won't have to do a massive fire sale for once haha.

I am still going to need you to trade for Hunter Doizer just because. LOL

Comment

I bet the Braves are one of the most popular franchises this year. Mostly because of the new park, but then also because the added bonuses of the immense challenge and the young guys that are making their appearances now and next year. Plus, hey they got Bartolo! And I'm sure many would like to pitch the Dickey knuckler as well. Shiny new stadium plus a fairly fun roster that is both old and new. They will be heavily used, I'm sure!

Comment

Still cant believe they got Inciarte and Swanson for Shellby Miller....FLEECE

Comment

I would say.... San Diego, Oakland, yeah that is all i can think of right now... will be back later if i can think of any other teams that meet your criteria.
                        #Baseballislife

Comment

Shelby Miller is young and bound to rebound. The Mets got Noah Syndergaard and Travis d'Arnaud for R.A. Dickey. That trade makes the trade you mention sound amazing.

Originally posted by tocooks View Post
                          Still cant believe they got Inciarte and Swanson for Shellby Miller....FLEECE

Comment

Originally posted by shawn0227 View Post

I am still going to need you to trade for Hunter Doizer just because. LOL
                            You know what? Chances are, that will happen anyways haha

Comment

Working...
                            X