A little disappointed with the improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little disappointed with the improvements

While some of these new features seem to help speed up the pace of games.. I really don't see any real improvements.

On the twitch stream, you guys kept referring to users you were talking to and the issues they had with franchise mode. I swear you guys talked to some of the most casual players out there (which is fine), but it also led to minimal improvements.

A lot of the improvements were just to make everything "easier." Of all the sports games, the show has one of the most dull franchise modes out there. in other games you can control finances (and have it actually impact budget), marketing, improve stadium, relocate teams etc. like road to the show.. these modes were pretty revolutionary when they came out back in the earlier days, but lack of improvements to make these modes more immersive has allowed other games to surpass.

I will give credit for the new rtts documentary..and hold judgment on that until I play, but at first glance it still does seem slightly behind.

Please next year look to actually improving franchise mode with new features, rather then just make it user friendly to the most casual users who don't even know how to toggle menus.

I have to admit that this is one of the first years where I'm really letdown by the lack of attention paid to Franchise. But, unfortunately, Online & DD is where the money is at now, and everybody wants to be able to get through a game in the blink of an eye. I do hope that more focus is put into the mode next cycle.

Comment

Yeah, I do understand the focus on online and DD, but unfortunately as I've gotten older I've started to play les and less online. I just get tired of lag issues and people quitting like children, that's it's lost it's appeal to me. I have limited free time to begin with, I don't want to use it playing a laggy, glitchy online game when my opponent quits on me half way through

Comment

The sad thing is this game had those aspects in franchise mode but removed them with MLB12. That's why I keep a franchise running on my PS3 with MLB10.

Originally posted by MileHighMadness1 View Post
        While some of these new features seem to help speed up the pace of games.. I really don't see any real improvements.

On the twitch stream, you guys kept referring to users you were talking to and the issues they had with franchise mode. I swear you guys talked to some of the most casual players out there (which is fine), but it also led to minimal improvements.

A lot of the improvements were just to make everything "easier." Of all the sports games, the show has one of the most dull franchise modes out there. in other games you can control finances (and have it actually impact budget), marketing, improve stadium, relocate teams etc. like road to the show.. these modes were pretty revolutionary when they came out back in the earlier days, but lack of improvements to make these modes more immersive has allowed other games to surpass.

I will give credit for the new rtts documentary..and hold judgment on that until I play, but at first glance it still does seem slightly behind.

Please next year look to actually improving franchise mode with new features, rather then just make it user friendly to the most casual users who don't even know how to toggle menus.

Comment

As they said in the stream... the changes to Franchise mode are to attract more players to the mode that find the mode TOO HARD AND CHALLENGING to get into.... they are trying to help new users be more open to the mode... they know as a fact that it is probably the LEAST played mode of the entire game... so I don't find any of it bad for the game... I personally will not be using any of it because I simply like playing out every pitch and at bat of every inning of every game in every season.

However, there are a ton of people that will love the ability to jump into and out of games... just play critical situations. all that stuff... play into 2099 or even beyond. This is the only game I play. no madden no FPS's no MMO's none of that... this is it. For some though this is just a passing phase... once Madden drops or whatever we see the site becoming a dark quiet tomb of what it is a time of year.

As much as I hate to say it, casual gamers are a thing... and game companies need to pander to them to a degree. hardcore audiences are not enough to pay the bills anymore... Ask any FPS fan that plays either of the two top titles every year scream at the dumbing down of those games to give it more accessible to those that are not die hard of that genre... it is what it is... don't use it if you don't way to but remember this... the more people they get to play this game in any way or fashion and the more money they make off of it... the LONGER this game stays around...

so in closing, you should be thanking them for doing all the can, to get as many people, die hard or casual to come play this game...
          #Baseballislife

Comment

If you played when they had it you'd know that statement is false. You set the ticket and concession prices. Selected advertisers and set promotion days. There wasn't much to it at all.

Originally posted by mlblover View Post
            As they said in the stream... the changes to Franchise mode are to attract more players to the mode that find the mode TOO HARD AND CHALLENGING to get into.... they are trying to help new users be more open to the mode... they know as a fact that it is probably the LEAST played mode of the entire game... so I don't find any of it bad for the game... I personally will not be using any of it because I simply like playing out every pitch and at bat of every inning of every game in every season.

However, there are a ton of people that will love the ability to jump into and out of games... just play critical situations. all that stuff... play into 2099 or even beyond. This is the only game I play. no madden no FPS's no MMO's none of that... this is it. For some though this is just a passing phase... once Madden drops or whatever we see the site becoming a dark quiet tomb of what it is a time of year.

As much as I hate to say it, casual gamers are a thing... and game companies need to pander to them to a degree. hardcore audiences are not enough to pay the bills anymore... Ask any FPS fan that plays either of the two top titles every year scream at the dumbing down of those games to give it more accessible to those that are not die hard of that genre... it is what it is... don't use it if you don't way to but remember this... the more people they get to play this game in any way or fashion and the more money they make off of it... the LONGER this game stays around...

so in closing, you should be thanking them for doing all the can, to get as many people, die hard or casual to come play this game...

Comment

Originally posted by mlblover View Post

Actually.. at least on MLB 15.. they had said in the streams for 16 that franchise mode is the most played mode. I never said casual gamers aren't a thing.. I'm casual. However what kind of people are you talking to that don't know there is more than one screen in the franchise menu.

You can keep praising them all you want, but Its not wrong to say they have fallen behind the other sports games when it comes to a gm/franchise mode.

Comment

I personally feel 7 million franchise games is more impressive than even 17 million diamond dynasty games. None of those 7 million had people quit or cheat another person.

In my personal opinion the casual player cannot play unless they have all-stars at all 9 positions. That is all diamond dynasty is. It's basically fantasy baseball in MLBTS. I like fantasy baseball but not more than actual baseball.

Originally posted by MileHighMadness1 View Post

Actually.. at least on MLB 15.. they had said in the streams for 16 that franchise mode is the most played mode. I never said casual gamers aren't a thing.. I'm casual. However what kind of people are you talking to that don't know there is more than one screen in the franchise menu.

You can keep praising them all you want, but Its not wrong to say they have fallen behind the other sports games when it comes to a gm/franchise mode.
                Last edited by fubar2k7; 03-27-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X