Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I Like Our Guys": A Baltimore Oriole Franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tocooks View Post
    I am starting a Franchise with the Rays, back off! Lol jkjk. I have the same issue every year, usually I will start a couple and after a few weeks one of my teams will be like 30 games in and the rest will be 10, then I know.

    LOL. I better start the thread now then to call dibs LOL. I don't know what to do. I have never carried over a franchise as I just can't stick with it as the draw to use the current roster is too big for me.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by shawn0227 View Post


      LOL. I better start the thread now then to call dibs LOL. I don't know what to do. I have never carried over a franchise as I just can't stick with it as the draw to use the current roster is too big for me.
      I guess it depends if you like your GM's moves more than your own? I would suggest trying both and see which one you like more, you have built a sick dynasty over here!

      Comment


      • Honestly, I hate what Dan Duquette has done to this team. Year in and year out they talk about we need to get better defensively in the outfield, get guys who can get on base ahead of all the power hitters we have, and get a lead off hitter. Yet what do we get, Seth Smith and resign Mark Trumbo. Then he claimed that Ben Revere cost too much after he signed a damn 1 year deal for 6 million. I mean if that is the case then we have some real problems. Sorry for my short rant, I am just tired of fielding what is basically an 80-84 win team with a lineup that is all or nothing and that has to hope for the best to get a wild card spot.

        Given that basically everyone is a free agent within the next two years, I am probably just going to trade everyone not named Machado, Gausman, Bundy and Schoop and rebuild the team within a year of starting with the current roster.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by shawn0227 View Post
          Honestly, I hate what Dan Duquette has done to this team. Year in and year out they talk about we need to get better defensively in the outfield, get guys who can get on base ahead of all the power hitters we have, and get a lead off hitter. Yet what do we get, Seth Smith and resign Mark Trumbo. Then he claimed that Ben Revere cost too much after he signed a damn 1 year deal for 6 million. I mean if that is the case then we have some real problems. Sorry for my short rant, I am just tired of fielding what is basically an 80-84 win team with a lineup that is all or nothing and that has to hope for the best to get a wild card spot.

          Given that basically everyone is a free agent within the next two years, I am probably just going to trade everyone not named Machado, Gausman, Bundy and Schoop and rebuild the team within a year of starting with the current roster.
          Yeah my Jays are kinda in the same boat, kinda trying to win a WS but kinda trying to retool. Have you considered the Whitesox? That farm system is STACKED now,

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tocooks View Post

            Yeah my Jays are kinda in the same boat, kinda trying to win a WS but kinda trying to retool. Have you considered the Whitesox? That farm system is STACKED now,
            I have but I would need to trade Quintana as they are still ways away. I was also considering the Rockies too. Good System and pieces in place to compete.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by shawn0227 View Post

              I have but I would need to trade Quintana as they are still ways away. I was also considering the Rockies too. Good System and pieces in place to compete.
              Yeah I was looking at the Rockies, Dodgers and Pirates in the NL, all have great farm systems and good pieces now. Kinda feel like being the Dodgers is cheating though lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tocooks View Post

                Yeah I was looking at the Rockies, Dodgers and Pirates in the NL, all have great farm systems and good pieces now. Kinda feel like being the Dodgers is cheating though lol

                Yeah just a little bit. Especially with that budget. LOL

                Comment


                • Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I have trying to figure out what to do with this Franchise for 17, and if I want to start with a new team. I have decided to at least keep this one going until the first OSFM drops. I will get back to updating the games I have played by the end of the week.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X