"I Like Our Guys": A Baltimore Oriole Franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tocooks View Post
    I am starting a Franchise with the Rays, back off! Lol jkjk. I have the same issue every year, usually I will start a couple and after a few weeks one of my teams will be like 30 games in and the rest will be 10, then I know.

LOL. I better start the thread now then to call dibs LOL. I don't know what to do. I have never carried over a franchise as I just can't stick with it as the draw to use the current roster is too big for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawn0227 View Post

LOL. I better start the thread now then to call dibs LOL. I don't know what to do. I have never carried over a franchise as I just can't stick with it as the draw to use the current roster is too big for me.
      I guess it depends if you like your GM's moves more than your own? I would suggest trying both and see which one you like more, you have built a sick dynasty over here!

Comment

• Honestly, I hate what Dan Duquette has done to this team. Year in and year out they talk about we need to get better defensively in the outfield, get guys who can get on base ahead of all the power hitters we have, and get a lead off hitter. Yet what do we get, Seth Smith and resign Mark Trumbo. Then he claimed that Ben Revere cost too much after he signed a damn 1 year deal for 6 million. I mean if that is the case then we have some real problems. Sorry for my short rant, I am just tired of fielding what is basically an 80-84 win team with a lineup that is all or nothing and that has to hope for the best to get a wild card spot.

Given that basically everyone is a free agent within the next two years, I am probably just going to trade everyone not named Machado, Gausman, Bundy and Schoop and rebuild the team within a year of starting with the current roster.

Comment

Honestly, I hate what Dan Duquette has done to this team. Year in and year out they talk about we need to get better defensively in the outfield, get guys who can get on base ahead of all the power hitters we have, and get a lead off hitter. Yet what do we get, Seth Smith and resign Mark Trumbo. Then he claimed that Ben Revere cost too much after he signed a damn 1 year deal for 6 million. I mean if that is the case then we have some real problems. Sorry for my short rant, I am just tired of fielding what is basically an 80-84 win team with a lineup that is all or nothing and that has to hope for the best to get a wild card spot.

Given that basically everyone is a free agent within the next two years, I am probably just going to trade everyone not named Machado, Gausman, Bundy and Schoop and rebuild the team within a year of starting with the current roster.
          Yeah my Jays are kinda in the same boat, kinda trying to win a WS but kinda trying to retool. Have you considered the Whitesox? That farm system is STACKED now,

Comment

Yeah my Jays are kinda in the same boat, kinda trying to win a WS but kinda trying to retool. Have you considered the Whitesox? That farm system is STACKED now,
            I have but I would need to trade Quintana as they are still ways away. I was also considering the Rockies too. Good System and pieces in place to compete.

Comment

I have but I would need to trade Quintana as they are still ways away. I was also considering the Rockies too. Good System and pieces in place to compete.
              Yeah I was looking at the Rockies, Dodgers and Pirates in the NL, all have great farm systems and good pieces now. Kinda feel like being the Dodgers is cheating though lol

Comment

Yeah I was looking at the Rockies, Dodgers and Pirates in the NL, all have great farm systems and good pieces now. Kinda feel like being the Dodgers is cheating though lol

Yeah just a little bit. Especially with that budget. LOL

Comment

• Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I have trying to figure out what to do with this Franchise for 17, and if I want to start with a new team. I have decided to at least keep this one going until the first OSFM drops. I will get back to updating the games I have played by the end of the week.

Comment

• June 10th BAL (37-24) @ KC (32-29)

O's beat the Royals 5-1

Kansas City, MO

BAL (38-24) 5
                    KC (32-30) 1 F

Win Chris Tillman (8-4)
                    Loss Mike Minor (5-6)
                    Save N/A

The Orioles bounce back from a 5-1 defeat to beat the Royals 5 to 1 in game 2 of this series. Chris Tillman dominates the Royals through 8.1 innings of works as he only allowed the 1 run on 6 hits and struck out 6.

Manny Machado (1-4, HR (15), RBI (39) started the offensive charge as he hit a solo homerun in the 1st to put the O's up 1-0. Carlos Gonzalez (2-4. 2B (7), HR (16), RBI (41) would make it a 2-0 game when he launched his team leading 16th homer of the year in the 2nd. Lourdes Gourriel (2-4, 2 RBI (10) drove in his first of two runs in the 5th on a RBI single to extend the lead to 3-0. The Orioles would get two more in the 7th as Gourriel drove in a run on a RBI fielder's choice and then Carlos Gomez (1-5, RBI (30)) would follow that up with a RBI single of his own to extend the lead to 5-0. The Royals would score their lone run of the game in the bottom of the 8th on a Lorenzo (1-4, 2B (19), RBI (37) RBI double.

The Orioles will look for another series win as Dylan Bundy (6-3, 2.87 ERA) battle Ian Kennedy (4-3, 4.86 ERA)

Comment

• June 11th BAL (38-24) @ KC (32-30)

Orioles score five times in the 3rd on their way to a 6-3 victory.

Kansas City, MO

BAL (39-24) 6
                      KC (32-31) 3 F

Win Dylan Bundy (7-3)
                      Loss Ian Kennedy (4-4)
                      Save Zach Britton (17)

The Orioles score five times in the 3rd inning as they cruise to a 6-3 victory to take two of three from the Royals.

The Orioles jumped out to a 1-0 lead in 2nd when Jonathan Lucroy (3-4, 2B (9), RBI (11) doubled in a run. Then in the 3rd the O's would blow it wide open with a five run inning. Carlos Gonzalez (1-4, 2B (8), RBI (42)) would get the scoring going as he would drive in two runs but would only be credited with one RBI as an error was charged to Cain in center for misplaying he fly ball. Then Jonathan Schoop (1-4, 3B (2), 2 RBI (24) would drive in two on a two run triple to extend the lead to 5-0. Adam Jones (0-4, RBI (20) would make it a 6-0 lead at the time as he drove in Schoop on a RBI ground out following the triple. The Royals would strike for three runs in the bottom of the 4th to cut the lead in half but that would be as close as they would get. Mike Moustakas (1-4, HR (12), 2 RBI (34)) would launch a two run homer off Bundy and then would be followed two batters later by a solo shot from Raul Mondesi (2-4, HR (4), RBI (20)).

Dylan's Bundy picked up win number 7 with a solid 6 inning performance. Gave up 3 runs on 6 hits and struck out 3. Zach Britton earned save number 17 with a perfect 9th that included back to back strikeouts to end the game.

Orioles are off tomorrow as they head back home to open up a 10 game homestand but also start a stretch of 16 straight games without a day off.

Comment

• Series Preview against the Blue Jays:

Fresh off taking two in a row from the Royals, the Baltimore Orioles head home now to begin a 10 game homestand beginning with a three game set against AL East Foe Toronto Blue Jays. The O's enter the series with a 39-24 record on the year, winners of two in a row six of their last 10. While the Orioles have been solid ball the Yankees who have led the AL East all year have dropped five in a row and seven of their last 10 and saw their division lead go from 5.5 games down to just a half game. The Orioles have a chance to move into first place during this series.

The Toronto Blue Jays however, have struggled big time this year. The Jays enter the series with a 26-39 record on the year after winning their last game but are 4-6 over their last 10 games. Part of the Jay's struggles this year have been their terrible play against AL East opponents as they just 7-19 against division opponents including just 1-6 against the Orioles.

The Orioles will look to continue their dominance over the Jays during this three game set. Here are the pitching matchups for the three game set

Game 1: Shohei Otani (8-3, 1.92 ERA) vs Aaron Sanchez (6-2, 2.12 ERA)
                        Game 2: Tyler Wilson (4-5, 4.39 ERA) vs Marco Estrada (2-7, 6.04 ERA)
                        Game 3: Kevin Gausman (7-4, 3.09 ERA) vs Jeremy Hellickson (2-9, 5.17 ERA)

Comment

• June 13th TOR (26-39) @ BAL (39-24)

Lourdes Gourriel blasts a grand slam as the Orioles go onto beat the Jays 6-4

Baltimore, MD

TOR (26-40) 4
                          BAL (40-24) 6 F

Win Shohei Otani (9-3)
                          Loss Aaron Sanchez (6-3)
                          Save Zach Britton (18)

Lourdes Gourriel (2-4, HR (2) , 4 RBI (14)) blasts a grand slam in the bottom of the 4th as he leads the Orioles to a 6-4 victory. With Chris Davis scheduled to come off the DL tomorrow Gourriel made the most of his final start at first base by slamming a grand slam to put the O's up 5-0 at the time. The Orioles got their first run in the bottom of the 3rd on a Carlos Gomez (1-4, RBI (31)) RBI single. The Jays would get two back in the 5th as Troy Tulowitzki (3-5, 2 2B (14), 2 RBI (27)) drove in two on a two run double.

Adam Jones (1-4, RBI (21) would single in an insurance run in the bottom of the 8th to push the Orioles lead at the time to 6-2. Devin Travis (1-4, HR (4), 2 RBI (21)) would cut the lead to 6-4 in the 9th as he went deep off Darren O'Day who was attempting to get the two inning save. Zach Britton would relive O'Day following the homerun and earn his 18th save of the year despite leaving the tying run in scoring position. Oriole starter Shohei Otani notched his 9th victory of his rookie campaign as he tossed 7 strong innings while giving up 2 runs on 7 hits and struck out 6.

Tyler Wilson (4-5, 4.39 ERA) takes the mound tomorrow night as he will face off against Marco Estrada.

Comment

• Roster Move:

The Baltimore Orioles officially announced that Chris Davis was activated off the 15 Day DL before tonight's game against the Jays. Davis prior to his hamstring injury was batting .382 with 12 homers and 20 RBIs in 20 games played.

To make room for him on the 25 man roster it was announced that the Orioles have optioned Lourdes Gourriel down to AAA Norfolk. Gourriel kind of became the man with nowhere to play as Erik Aybar was acquired to bring the veteran presence to SS position and he is platooning at short with Andres Manuel who is hitting lefties this year to the tune of a batting average over .410. Gourriel made a great last impression as he hit a grand slam in last nights game. He is still apart of this team's future and Buck mentioned during his pregame press conference that this isn't the last we will see of Gourriel this year. Buck mentioned we want to get him some consistent at bats to improve upon some things. Gourriel batted .245 with 2 homers and 14 RBIs in 33 games.

Comment

• June 14th TOR (26-40) @ BAL (40-24)

Jays beat the Orioles 3 to 1 behind Mark Trumbo's two run homerun.

Baltimore, MD

TOR (27-40) 3
                              BAL (40-25) 1 F

Win Marco Estrada (3-7)
                              Loss Tyler Wilson (4-6)
                              Save N/A

The Blue Jays cap off a three run 4th with a Mark Trumbo (3-4, 2 2B (10), HR (12), 2 RBI (31) two run homerun to give the Jays a 3-1 victory.

The Orioles took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd on Carlos Gomez's (3-4, 2B (14), HR (14), RBI (32)) 14th homer of the year but this would be the only run the Orioles would score as Marco Estrada tossed a complete game while giving up just the 1 run and worked in and out of jams while giving up 9 hits. The Jays would then come right back in the 4th to score three runs and take the lead. Troy Tulowitzki (1-4, 3B (4), RBI (28) drove in the other Blue Jay run in the 4th on a RBI triple.

Tyler Wilson dropped his second straight decision to the Jays to fall to 4-6 on the year despite tossing 7 solid innings. Chris Davis who made his return from the DL tonight went 1 for 4 with a single in his return.

Kevin Gausman (7-4, 3.09 ERA) takes the mound tomorrow as the Orioles look to take 2 of 3 from the Jays. Jeremy Hellickson (2-9, 5.17 ERA) will oppose him.

Comment

• June 15th TOR (27-40) @ BAL (40-25)

Orioles walk it off in the bottom of the 14th to beat the Jays 4-2.

Baltimore, MD

TOR (27-41) 2
                                BAL (41-25) 4 F/14

Win Mychal Givens (2-2)
                                Loss Roberto Osuna (0-3)
                                Save N/A

Manny Machado (1-6, HR (16), 2 RBI (41) lone hit of the night is the biggest hit of the night as he walks it off in the bottom of the 14th with a two run homer to beat the Jays 4-2. Osuna would start the bottom of the 14th off by getting Carlos Gomez to ground out. He would then hit David Dahl on the first pitch of the at bat. He would be relieved by Joe Biagini who would serve up Manny's two run shot in the his very first pitch.

The Blue Jays actually dominated this game through the first seven and half innings before Carlos Gomez (1-6, HR (15), 2 RBI (34) would tie the game at 2 in the bottom of the 8th with a two out, two run homer. The lone two Blue Jays runs came way back in the very first inning of the game as Josh Donaldson (1-4, RBI (34)) and Chris Colabello (1-6, RBI (20)) both drove in runs off Gausman on RBI singles. It was the only two runs Kevin Gausman allowed in his 7 innings of work as he gave up 6 hits and struck out 6 batters as well.

The Oriole bullpen tossed 7 scoreless innings while allowing just 4 hits and struck out 9. Jeremy Hellickson took a tough no decision as he threw his best game of the year while tossing 8 innings allowing 2 runs on 6 hits and struck a out 7. Hellickson was on out away from tossing 8 scoreless innings before Gomez tied the game at 2.

The Orioles welcome in AL West leading Oakland A's for a battle of division leaders next.

Comment

Working...
                                X