Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appetite For Reconstruction - JHardy927's Philadelphia Phillies Franchise

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?!

Well, if you play for one of the four major sports teams in Philadelphia, you are stuck square in the middle of the proverbial jungle that is the Philadelphia sports fan base - featuring some of the most passionate fans in the world. Unfortunately, that fan base hasn't had much to cheer about in recent years, with the Eagles regressing majorly, the Flyers in the midst of a rebuild, and the 76ers taking part in a historic run of tanking... and then there's the Phillies. Perhaps the saddest story in recent memory for the Phillies fans, after dominating the NL East from 2007-2011, they have fallen from grace in a big way - mainly due to poor upper-management and a team of aging players. However, last year signaled the beginning of the future for the Phightins, with their hack of a GM being shown the door (have fun in Boston, Rube), and Cole Hamels and Chase Utley leaving the only team they've ever known for the Rangers and Dodgers, respectively. The Phillies got back a very nice return for their left-handed ace Hamels - bringing in players such as Nick Williams, Jake Thompson and Jorge Alfaro to help lead the team into the future. The team wasn't quite done there yet, as in the offseason, with new Team President Andy MacPhail and GM Matt Klentak in place, they shipped off young Closer Ken Giles for another nice package - welcoming guys like promising righty Vincent Velasquez, former #1 pick Mark Appel and lefty reliever Brett Oberholtzer to the club. The additions of those players greatly strengthen the Phillies' previously weak farm system, which only really had (SS) J.P. Crawford, (CF) Roman Quinn and (C) Andrew Knapp to look forward to as potential future stars for the team.

After an extremely rocky first-half, and pretty much completely losing the Phillies' locker room, Ryne Sandberg bowed out as Manager of the team last year - making way for Pete Mackanin to take over. Mackanin seemed to gel with the team pretty quickly out of the gate, as the team came out of the All-Star Break looking far different from the cellar dwellers they had been going into it. And while they still weren't perfect throughout the second-half, they did show enough of a marked improvement to get Mackanin an extension through 2017. The team had a quiet offseason, with their biggest acquisition being Jeremy Hellickson - a much-needed depth addition for their rotation. Now, the team heads into a fresh season of baseball in 2016. The expectations are quite low for this club, however, up-and-coming players like Maikel Franco and Aaron Nola, and remaining veterans Ryan Howard and Carlos Ruiz may have something to say about that. This team may not be winning a pennant this season, but they will not be looking to settle for last place in the NL East. It's been a painful few years down at Citizens Bank Park, but they will be coming to an end soon, as the team fills its appetite... for reconstruction.

Settings

System: PS3 (Temporary)
    Hitting: Zone + Analog - Hall of Fame
    Pitching: Analog - Hall of Fame
    Fielding: Analog - All-Star
    Guess Pitch: Off
    Roster: OSFM v2.5
    Sliders: TNK/Psychobulk v2.5
    30-Team Control

25-Man Roster

Pitching Staff

#58 - Jeremy Hellickson (RHP)
    #28 - Vincent Velasquez (RHP)
    #27 - Aaron Nola (RHP)
    #47 - Charlie Morton (RHP)
    #48 - Jerad Eickhoff (RHP)

#46 - Jeanmar Gomez (RHP) (CL)
    #59 - Elvis Arajuo (LHP)
    #30 - David Hernandez (RHP)
    #38 - Andrew Bailey (RHP)
    #50 - Hector Nerris (RHP)
    #94 - Dalier Hinojosa (RHP)
    #34 - Brett Oberholtzer (LHP)

Postional Players

#51 - Carlos Ruiz (C) (RHB)
    #29 - Cameron Rupp (C) (RHB)

#6 - Ryan Howard (1B) (LHB)
    #18 - Darin Ruf (1B/LF) (RHB)

#16 - Cesar Hernandez (2B) (S)
    #15 - Emmanuel Burriss (UT)

#7 - Maikel Franco (3B) (RHB)
    #4 - Andres Blanco (UT) (S)

#37 - Odubel Herrera (CF) (LHB)
    #17 - Peter Bourjos (RF) (RHB)
    #3 - David Lough (LF) (LHB)
    #2 - Tyler Goeddell (OF) (RHB)

Rotation

Jeremy Hellickson (R)
    Vincent Velasquez (R)
    Aaron Nola (R)
    Charlie Morton (R)
    Jerad Eickhhoff (R)

Lineup vs. RHP

Herrera - CF
    Galvis - SS
    Franco - 3B
    Howard - 1B
    Ruiz/Rupp - C
    Ruf - LF
    Hernandez - 2B
    Bourjos - RF
    Lough - DH (when needed)

Lineup vs. LHP

Herrera - CF
    Galvis - SS
    Franco - 3B
    Howard/Ruf - 1B
    Ruiz/Rupp - C
    Lough/Ruf - LF
    Hernandez - 2B
    Bourjos - RF
    Rupp - DH (when needed)

Comment

PHI (0-0) @ CIN (0-0) Probable Starters - April 4-7 - Cincinnati, OH - Great American Ballpark

April 4th

Jeremy Hellickson (0-0, 0.00) - vs. - Raisel Iglesias (0-0, 0.00)

April 6th

Vincent Velasquez (0-0, 0.00) - vs. - Jon Moscot (0-0, 0.00)

April 7th

Aaron Nola (0-0, 0.00) - vs. - Brandon Finnegan (0-0, 0.00)

Comment

He's back!!

Comment

F*ck. Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn0227 View Post
            He's back!!
            I don't think I'll ever have a more opportune moment to use this:

Comment

um... what happened to taking time off??? did you dig to big of a hole in your arm from scratching lol...well it will be fun to see just how long it will take you to overcome my very slim 2K views lead lol... i know i will be in your rear view mirror very soon... Welcome back and great success to you and your Phillies...
              #Baseballislife

Comment

Originally posted by JHardy927 View Post

I don't think I'll ever have a more opportune moment to use this:

WOW, Cannot tell you the last time I heard that theme song. I am glad I was able to setup for you to use it. LOL

Comment

WOW, Cannot tell you the last time I heard that theme song. I am glad I was able to setup for you to use it. LOL
                  LOL, so am I.

I miss having themes as good as that.

Comment

Opening Day 2016 - Game #1 - PHI (0-0) @ CIN (0-0) - April 4th, 2016 - 4:10pm - Cincinnati, OH - Great American Ballpark

The smell of fresh cut grass, roasted peanuts, and the sound of cracking bats was in the air... that's right, it's Opening Day around baseball! The Phillies and Reds came together to meet for their respective first series of the year. With both teams expected to be sitting in the cellars of their divisions, fans may not have been expecting too much when they strolled into the beautiful Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, but they certainly had to have been satisfied by the time they exited. The teams were so pumped up to hit the field for their first game of the new season, that they decided they didn't want it to end after a measly 9 innings - making this Opening Day match-up a 12-inning affair. Jeremy Hellickson took the hill for your Phightin' Phils, and while he ran into trouble in the 4th inning, he had a quality start overall - giving up 3 Runs over 6 IP. Raisel Iglesias was given the duty of getting the Reds' season off on the right foot, and he held up his end of the deal pretty well - allowing 2 Runs in 6 IP, before leaving the game in the bullpen's hands.

As mentioned earlier, things were rolling along pretty well for Jeremy Hellickson until he hit the 4th, when things fell apart for him a bit. It started with a lead-off single from Billy Hamilton, who subsequently stole 2B, and then got driven in on a liner into center by Suarez - who advanced to 2nd on the throw to home from Herrera. Hellickson managed to get the next big threat, Joey Votto, to roll over a pitch to groundout - giving him his first out of the inning. Unfortunately, he didn't have the same luck against Devin Mesoraco, who deposited a 2-Run HR to the box in left. Sitting in a fairly deep hole early, the Phillies had a big decision to make - give up or live up to their nickname. They chose the latter. Freddy Galvis began the rally in the 6th, blasting a looooong solo homer to right-center. Dalier Hinojosa came on in relief for the Phils in the 7th, but his appearance was short-lived - leaving with an injury. A pinch-hit RBI double by Andres Blanco brought them within a run in the 7th. In the 8th, Freddy Galvis struck again, as he ripped another massive solo home run to tie the game up at 3-3 - this time, sending the ball past the smoke stacks in center in an amazing display of power. The Phils weren't done in the 8th, though, as they came all the way back to take the lead on a 2-out RBI single to left by Ruiz.

Heading into the 9th, it was Jeanmar Gomez tasked with closing the game out for the Phillies. Unfortunately for the Phils, Gomez couldn't stand up the pressure today, with the Reds forcing a rally that ended with Mesoraco coming through big again for Cincy - this time, slapping a game-tying single to left. With runners on 1st and 3rd, Elvis Araujo came in to spell Gomez. Araujo's first batter faced didn't go as well as he'd have liked - unintentionally walking Jay Bruce on four pitches. But, with the bases loaded, Brandon Phillips let Araujo and the Phils off the hook, as he grounded into a 6-4-3 double play to kill the inning. Things were quiet in the 10th and 11th, but in the 12th, the Phils finally caught a break - with Emmanuel Burriss driving home the go-ahead run on a sac-fly to left. Carlos Ruiz drove a liner to right-center, adding another huge insurance run. It's a great thing he did, as Jay Bruce managed to even it up a bit in the bottom-half of the inning, when he launched a solo homer off Brett Oberholtzer - the man now tasked with shutting it down for Philly. Fortunately, that was as close as the Redlegs managed to get, as Oberholtzer got Cozart to tlyout to end the game in the next at-bat. After breathing a big sigh of relief, and a likely needed day-off, the Phillies get back at it with the Reds again in two days - with Vince Velasquez making his debut as a Phillie on the mound.

PHI: J. Hellickson 6 IP - 3 ER - 4 H - 3 K - 4.50 ERA
                    CIN: R. Iglesias 6 IP - 2 ER - 7 H - 7 K - 3.00 ERA

PHI: F. Galvis 2-5 - 2 HR (1, 2) - 2 RBI (2) - 2 R
                    CIN: D. Mesoraco 2-4 - HR (1) - 3 RBI (3) - 1 R

WP: Andrew Bailey (1-0, 0.00)
                    LP: Caleb Cotham (0-1, 10.40)
                    SV: Brett Oberholtzer (1)

Comment

Game #2 - PHI (1-0) @ CIN (0-1) - April 6th, 2016 - 7:10pm - Cincinnati, OH - Great American Ballpark

The Phillies and Reds were back at it for the second game of our Major League season, and while it wasn't as much of a slugfest as Opening Day, it was still a fun outing between these two teams. Vince Velasquez came to this team from the Astros during the Ken Giles trade this past offseason, and while he has shown to be somewhat injury prone in his young career, he still has a good amount of hype behind his abilities - and he showed just why tonight. Some people have trouble keeping the ball in the hitter's paradise that is the Great American Ballpark, especially with the wind blowing out as strong as it was on this night, but Velasquez didn't have much trouble doing just that - save for one moment. Throwing 7 strong innings, where he allowed just 1 Run, Velasquez was able to cruise to a "W". Jon Moscot took the call for the Reds to start their second game of 2016, and after running into some trouble in the 1st, he was able to calm down to retire 10-straight batters at one point - eventually leaving after 6 IP, and allowing 2 Runs.

Freddy Galvis had an explosive Opening Day for himself, blasting two very long solo shots, and he just picked right up where he left off - launching another solo home run in the 1st inning. Ryan Howard had a pretty quiet Opening Day, but he made sure the fans, and Moscot, remembered how much of a threat he could still be - taking a pitch down broadway, and launching a no-doubter to RF. In a direct contrast from the first meeting of the season between these teams, it was the Reds trailing early, and looking to catch-up. Jon Moscot helped himself out a bit in that regard, as he drove in a run on a sac-fly in the 3rd. However, the Reds needed more offense than that, especially after Cesar Hernandez came up in the 7th, and put the game further out of touch with a 2-Run blast into the bullpen in right. Eugenio Suarez tried to jumpstart a rally in the bottom of the 9th against Jeanmar Gomez, who was given another chance to close out the game for the Phillies after a Blown Save on Opening Day, as he drove in a run with an RBI double. Following that, Joey Votto had a chance to do something big as the tying run with two outs, but luckily for the Phils, Gomez was able to pull it together to close the game out for his first Save of the season. Even if they are facing a weaker team, the Phillies have a huge chance to walk away with a series sweep to start the new season tomorrow.

PHI: V. Velasquez 7 IP - 1 ER - 1 H - 3 K - 1.29 ERA
                      CIN: J. Moscot 6 IP - 2 ER - 3 H - 0 K - 3.00 ERA

PHI: C. Hernandez 1-4 - HR (1) - 2 RBI (2) - 1 R
                      CIN: E. Suarez 1-4 - 2B (1) - RBI (2)

WP: Vince Velasquez (1-0, 1.29)
                      LP: Jon Moscot (0-1, 3.00)
                      SV: Jeanmar Gomez (1)

Comment

Originally posted by JHardy927 View Post
                        LOL, so am I.

I miss having themes as good as that.
                        Nakmura's theme is the best theme going today. Top 5 all time in my book behind Austin's glass shatter, Rock's Hollywood theme, NWO theme, and basically every HHH theme. Lol

Comment

Nakmura's theme is the best theme going today. Top 5 all time in my book behind Austin's glass shatter, Rock's Hollywood theme, NWO theme, and basically every HHH theme. Lol
                          His NXT theme is great. I do still like his NJPW theme a bit more, though.

My favorite current theme is probably Asuka's. Something about hearing that always makes me feel like somebody's about to get their skull caved in. I feel like AJ's would be great if the lyrics weren't so damn corny.

Comment

Originally posted by mlblover View Post
                            um... what happened to taking time off??? did you dig to big of a hole in your arm from scratching lol...well it will be fun to see just how long it will take you to overcome my very slim 2K views lead lol... i know i will be in your rear view mirror very soon... Welcome back and great success to you and your Phillies...
                            Well, I did have a good 2-3 months for a break.

Turns out that absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Comment

Even though you are currently playing on the lesser ps3 version.. how are you feeling about 16 so far? how long until you have to start over when you get your shiny new ps4?
                              #Baseballislife

Comment

Working...
                              X