Rich Hill- 97??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Hill- 97??

In the video released yesterday, you can clearly see at multiple points in the video that Rich Hill is a 97 rated card. Does this indicate moments cards? Or maybe it's just a 2016 prime card? Can't imagine they'd rate his live card that after one good season

None of the ratings are final. They are using various ratings for different cards. Diamond ratings on gold players and vice-versa.

Comment

No way it's his live series card. Moments card? possibly. Over two starts last season he gave up 1 hit. He had a no hitter going and they took him out to save his arm for the playoffs. He was pissed but he understood the bigger picture.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post
        None of the ratings are final. They are using various ratings for different cards. Diamond ratings on gold players and vice-versa.
        As far as ratings go it "appears" as if diamond will now start at 90.

Comment

They must say ratings aren't final a few hundred times each year. You have to say to yourself Rich Hill a mid to late 30's pitcher who has only had about 2 solid seasons and was a low gold in 2016. His postseason was decent but kind of up and down. So I doubt you will see a 97 Rich Hill in any type of card.
          Last edited by dibuono17; 02-14-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dibuono17 View Post
            They must say ratings aren't final a few hundred times each year. You have to say to yourself Rich Hill a mid to late 30's pitcher who has only had about 2 solid seasons and was a low gold in 2016. His postseason was decent but kind of up and down. So I doubt you will see a 97 Rich Hill in any type of card.
            But I mean why would they tinker with him at that level if there wasn't a reason for it? Like that'd be like if they started someone like Jonathan Schoop at a 97. I can imagine saying "the ratings aren't final" and someone changing from a 96 to a 95 or an 82 to 84 or whatever, but 97 to like 85? Seems strange

Comment

I think they're just trolling us. If there's a 97 overall Rich Hill then the ratings must be out of 150.

Comment

Originally posted by ajmight View Post
                I think they're just trolling us. If there's a 97 overall Rich Hill then the ratings must be out of 150.
                Lol right!!

Comment

Originally posted by pox911 View Post

But I mean why would they tinker with him at that level if there wasn't a reason for it? Like that'd be like if they started someone like Jonathan Schoop at a 97. I can imagine saying "the ratings aren't final" and someone changing from a 96 to a 95 or an 82 to 84 or whatever, but 97 to like 85? Seems strange
                  There could be a bunch of reasons for it. Maybe when they set the ratings for all the cards they are all set to 99 and then they go from there. I'm just saying as long as they tell us ratings aren't final that's all that matters for me. I wouldn't give it a second thought but everyones different. If you been playing this game year after year you should know they always end up doing a good job with the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by dibuono17 View Post
                    If you been playing this game year after year you should know they always end up doing a good job with the ratings.
                    I have, and for the most part I agree.

I think you misunderstand the point of my post. I wasn't posting this observation to say "How dare they, what a ridiculous rating!"

I was posting this observation to say there's no way it could be for a live card, and what if this was a glimpse at a potential "prime" card or maybe a new type of card, like "moments" cards they apparently have in Madden.

Sure, it could just be an abnormality, a sign of an unfinished product. I prefer to think of it as possibly being an Easter egg about what is to come. After all, one of the points of the video was how there are over 2,000 new DD cards this year; maybe this is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

As far as ratings go it "appears" as if diamond will now start at 90.
                      They've also shown a gold 90 OVR. Again, the ratings on these teaser videos are just numbers. None of them are their true ratings besides the cards they've already shown, and even those might not be 100% final.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post

They've also shown a gold 90 OVR. Again, the ratings on these teaser videos are just numbers. None of them are their true ratings besides the cards they've already shown, and even those might not be 100% final.
                        Oh I know, but I'm just saying or meant to say it could be possible I guess

Comment

Most of those ratings are final but I can see that Rich Hill has been the main focus. I also say that he won't be a 97 but he's not going to be far from it just from my thinking that the card wouldn't be that high in testing for no reason. And yes Diamonds will be 90-99 based off the pic that came out on Twitter. They just need to update the card art to change that in game to reflect diamond instead of gold.

I think this move was partly done for the bullpen so that its easier to make those Event lineups seeing as "Diamond Studded" will be one of them at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post
                            Most of those ratings are final but I can see that Rich Hill has been the main focus. I also say that he won't be a 97 but he's not going to be far from it just from my thinking that the card wouldn't be that high in testing for no reason. And yes Diamonds will be 90-99 based off the pic that came out on Twitter. They just need to update the card art to change that in game to reflect diamond instead of gold.

I think this move was partly done for the bullpen so that its easier to make those Event lineups seeing as "Diamond Studded" will be one of them at some point.
                            Here's a theory, this could mean the end of common cards.

Comment

Working...
                            X