Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does vision / hitting ability make the ball easier to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vision / hitting ability make the ball easier to see?

Here's a question and possibly a feature suggestion. I'm guessing this is not the case in Show 2016, so here it is: what if individual eye / hitting ratings affected the visual appearance of the ball on the screen? A player with a 100 eye would see a larger size ball than someone with a 1 rating. They might also see the ball spin to pick up the type of pitch. This, in my opinion, is the best way to handle individual batting ability while offsetting against the human's ability. Your eyes are the same no matter who is at the plate, which means there needs to be a difference in visual perception for each batter. The ball should look different on screen depending on the batter. If you have a great eye or hot, the ball is big. If you're not, it's microscopic.

IMO plate discipline affects how we see the ball and vision is on the show player since we can't actually put the bat on the ball.

Comment

gameday7707 Plate discipline affects check swings. The higher the plate discipline is, the easier it is to check swing .

Comment

Vision and contact effect PCI size. H/9 and K/9 for a pitcher counteract vision & contact to shrink the PCI size.

Comment

Originally posted by VeniVidiVici_3 View Post
          gameday7707 Plate discipline affects check swings. The higher the plate discipline is, the easier it is to check swing .
          I agree with you but I think there is more to discipline than that on how we see the ball.The more discipline the easier to see if the ball is strike or ball...Maybe the pitches come slower and easier to see the break.I'm just throwing dice here though.Plate discipline helps walks and you got to be able to tell strike from ball to walk.

Comment

An extremely high Vision attribute can make the PCI cover the entire strike zone. My main has a native 99 VIS, and with equipment bonuses, it's something like 126 adjusted (I lucked into some Diamond-level batting gloves.)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedCloak View Post
              An extremely high Vision attribute can make the PCI cover the entire strike zone. My main has a native 99 VIS, and with equipment bonuses, it's something like 126 adjusted (I lucked into some Diamond-level batting gloves.)
              I don't believe it works like that. When I started getting mine high it started showing minus signs under the attributes, only allowing me to go to 99. As I believe the equipment doesn't function properly (too many people saying that their character wasn't performing as expected) I just decided to leave it off and max him out through feeding (now I have a hitter and a pitcher completely maxed out). Also while the PCI covers the plate you still have to line it up or you get popups and balls hit into the dirt.

Comment

Working...
              X