Baserunning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baserunning

Haven't seen any topics on this yet....is auto baserunning going to actually work for 17'? All kinds of problems last year. Also if we have auto baserunning on will be be able to have control over leading off and stealing?

Originally posted by TheBeastlyDude00 View Post
    Haven't seen any topics on this yet....is auto baserunning going to actually work for 17'? All kinds of problems last year. Also if we have auto baserunning on will be be able to have control over leading off and stealing?
    Well, you can control leading off, but the stealing is a problem. I don't know what year it was, but you could cancel a potential steal by pressing a shoulder button, forgot which one, then that
    went away. Hate to have an inning ended by being thrown out on a steal I didn't want to do. Hope it gets addressed.

Comment

I just hope there isn't a 10 second delay between telling a runner to do something (turn around, stop, advance, etc) and them actually doing it. Or when you are holding L1 to advance all runners, then let go, but the trailing running goes to the base the leading runner stopped on and now you have two runners chilling out together on the same base (this is where a quick response on going back to the previous base would be nice, instead of taking 10 more strides before turning around).

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan_1029 View Post
        I just hope there isn't a 10 second delay between telling a runner to do something (turn around, stop, advance, etc) and them actually doing it. Or when you are holding L1 to advance all runners, then let go, but the trailing running goes to the base the leading runner stopped on and now you have two runners chilling out together on the same base (this is where a quick response on going back to the previous base would be nice, instead of taking 10 more strides before turning around).
        Very good point.I had this issue in 16 as well.

Comment

Though I think this happen with the trailer base runners because the one behind is faster and was already past the base after we released L1.Not sure on this but hay it makes sense.

Comment

But my main issue was after I released L1 before the base runner would get to the bag the runner would still run and get caught in a run down.

Comment

Can someone tell me how to only make a guy on first steal to second without making my guy on third steal home as well. I don't know why its the only thing I never looked how to do and I tried it a couple years ago for the first time and I couldn't make the third baseman stay.

Comment

Originally posted by dibuono17 View Post
                Can someone tell me how to only make a guy on first steal to second without making my guy on third steal home as well. I don't know why its the only thing I never looked how to do and I tried it a couple years ago for the first time and I couldn't make the third baseman stay.
                While having your left analog stick pressed to the right, press L2.
                O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

Originally posted by two7offsuit View Post

While having your left analog stick pressed to the right, press L2.

Thank you..

Comment

I use classic baserunning, which I find to be absolutely wonderful. I do agree that sometimes the runners take to long to turn around, things like rounding first are almost always a waste and dangerous, but aside from the L1/R1 trouble documented above, I find classic works very well.

Comment

Is there a way to select a "hit-and-run" type steal rather than a straight steal.. i hate stealing second and slapping the ball to right where the second baseman should have been, only to have my player slide into second instead of taking second base... if not that needs to be addressed in the '17.... double tap the steal button for hit and run would work pretty well

Comment

Working...
                      X