March is here, let the countdown begin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March is here, let the countdown begin

Been March where I am for 2 hours and 17 minutes.

28 days 2 hours 16 minutes and 42 seconds to launch I'm so ready!

Comment

This wait is brutal. I miss the old days where The Show was released first week of March.

Comment

Lets hop in the way back machine and look at the graphics of yesteryear, heres Papi blowing up a catcher in MLB 06 The Show.

MLB 11 game play below.

Last edited by fsh8675301; 03-01-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fsh8675301 View Post

Lets hop in the way back machine and look at the graphics of yesteryear, heres Papi blowing up a catcher in MLB 06 The Show.

game play below.
          2 things.

1. That video is from 2011.

2. Holy super fast gameplay and crap graphics, Batman. I remember when that was considered great.

Comment

Edited it to say 11, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by fsh8675301 View Post

MLB 11 game play below.
              You know, I have to say that blowing up a catcher is the one thing I miss in baseball. I understand (and actually do agree from a safety standpoint) why it was done, but it was the roughest play in baseball, and I do miss it.

Having watched Darin Erstad take out Johnny Estrada with a forearm shiver at the plate (which technically, at the time, was legal, but the way it was done was just downright a slimebag play), it changed the arc of Estrada's career. It didn't take him out at that exact moment, but his career was never even close to the same as what it was before that play. He was a good, good catcher, but he just couldn't hit very well after that for a few years, and just basically hung on until he couldn't play anymore. I don't think he was a Hall-of-Famer, but he was an All-star for sure.

Truly a shame, and I think it was probably post-concussion syndrome...and Erstad did not have to be so fierce on that play...I understand hardball, but it was not Rose-Fosse type play. In that one, Rose barreled through Fosse...same result, but he went through him, not into him (which is really the only way it should be done). The Estrada-Erstad one was much more a "I'm going to nail you in the head/shoulder area to break this up."

Shame Fosse had his career changed, and for Estrada, but what a play collisions at the plate were...and I kind of miss them.

I looked it up, here it is on You Tube, at the 0:48 mark. I liked Erstad a lot as a player, but this was a slimeball play.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7uhVZ2lupA
              Last edited by Sunjah; 03-02-2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy_Duhz_It_ View Post
                This wait is brutal. I miss the old days where The Show was released first week of March.
                I agree 100%, it made Spring Training so awesome, because the game was out and we could play. PLEASE go back to early March release.

At least we have the WBC this year to ease the pain of waiting!

I hope the USA finally shows up in this tournament, and I hate that Sonny Gray cannot play! I want the USA to win, or at least in the Final Game!!! Nothing less will do!
                Last edited by Sunjah; 03-02-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

message to short

Comment

What message? There isn't one here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

I agree 100%, it made Spring Training so awesome, because the game was out and we could play. PLEASE go back to early March release.

At least we have the WBC this year to ease the pain of waiting!

I hope the USA finally shows up in this tournament, and I hate that Sonny Gray cannot play! I want the USA to win, or at least in the Final Game!!! Nothing less will do!

I think the reason for the late release now is so they can get through spring training and have a pretty good idea of who will be on the opening day roster...update for call-ups and send-downs or injuries etc. I don't mind the wait for the sake of realism but selfishly i just wanna friggin play, man lol

Comment

Working...
                      X