Easy Question ... Appreciate advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Question ... Appreciate advice

I have been a Diamond Dynasty player 100% of the time ... I have decided to start doing some RTTS while I am waiting for the new game to be released just to see how that is as well.

My questions is ... Can I use my created player from Diamond Dynasty in RTTS ?

Also, any advice for someone who has never done RTTS before? Does what you do during the year help any with DD or are they completely separate ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to respond ... I appreciate your input !

Nope. Totally different leveling system- you earn RTTS points for various things in your career and you use these to level your character.

One thing I would suggest- if you're starting from scratch and want the best possible starting stats, model your character after an MLB player. You can change the appearance, etc, but the great currently MLB players start with higher stats than you can give a totally original player.

Comment

Originally posted by pox911 View Post
      Nope. Totally different leveling system- you earn RTTS points for various things in your career and you use these to level your character.

One thing I would suggest- if you're starting from scratch and want the best possible starting stats, model your character after an MLB player. You can change the appearance, etc, but the great currently MLB players start with higher stats than you can give a totally original player.
      Thanks for the advice ... Would you say it is a waste of time to start a player right now and transfer it to the new game? Meaning , should I just wait till the new game to begin ?

Comment

Originally posted by ANGONAR View Post
        Thanks for the advice ... Would you say it is a waste of time to start a player right now and transfer it to the new game? Meaning , should I just wait till the new game to begin ?
        That depends on one thing... whether or not you care about computer rosters. Once you start a RTTS career, you can never change the rosters, the CPU controls all trades, player ratings, etc. The initial CPU player ratings will be the same as the current DD ratings, if you start with the most recent roster. This also means that players on the DL at the end of 2016 will start out in the minor leagues in your file (since RTTS still doesn't really have a functional DL understanding).

I'm an Orioles fans and one of my favorite players is Zach Britton. If I start a career, I want to know that he's the closer and that he's a shutdown star. If I were to use the roster from the beginning of 2016, he would only be an 88 instead of the 94 he ended the year at. Just an example of how different rosters affect the ratings.

Also, if you start your career now, unless you edit the rosters beforehand and manually sign FAs/do trades, the players in your career will be on whatever team they ended 2016 with, not who they're with now (so Sale would be with Chicago instead of Boston, for example).

Does this make sense? If you don't care about CPU player ratings/rosters and only care about your own player, it doesn't matter when you start. Your file will completely transfer over to the new game, so you don't have to worry about losing progress.

Comment

Originally posted by pox911 View Post

That depends on one thing... whether or not you care about computer rosters. Once you start a RTTS career, you can never change the rosters, the CPU controls all trades, player ratings, etc. The initial CPU player ratings will be the same as the current DD ratings, if you start with the most recent roster. This also means that players on the DL at the end of 2016 will start out in the minor leagues in your file (since RTTS still doesn't really have a functional DL understanding).

I'm an Orioles fans and one of my favorite players is Zach Britton. If I start a career, I want to know that he's the closer and that he's a shutdown star. If I were to use the roster from the beginning of 2016, he would only be an 88 instead of the 94 he ended the year at. Just an example of how different rosters affect the ratings.

Also, if you start your career now, unless you edit the rosters beforehand and manually sign FAs/do trades, the players in your career will be on whatever team they ended 2016 with, not who they're with now (so Sale would be with Chicago instead of Boston, for example).

Does this make sense? If you don't care about CPU player ratings/rosters and only care about your own player, it doesn't matter when you start. Your file will completely transfer over to the new game, so you don't have to worry about losing progress.
          I think I will just practice for now then and officially start player for RTTS as new when the game is released. This was I will have the most recent CPU players and I am sure I won't get too much progress from now till then anyway. I would prefer to play with the players that are current in the MLB so I think this is the best option for me. Do you agree with my thinking based on my reasoning? Also, Thanks for taking time to give me the detailed explanation ..

Comment

Testing new settings

Comment

Testing new setting

Comment

Testing settings

Comment

I guess I did it wrong

Comment

There are actually a couple things that carry over to DD while playing RTTS...You still earn stubs and xp that you can use in DD..

Comment

Originally posted by gameday7707 View Post
                      There are actually a couple things that carry over to DD while playing RTTS...You still earn stubs and xp that you can use in DD..
                      Like what? If I gain stubs these won't transfer to the new game will they? I thought stubs reset to zero. I understand the XP will move over but if I want to play with the latest rosters then I would be better to just start new with the new game as I won't get that much done before the release. Also, can you list the benefit of playing RTTS that will help your DD ? I have never played RTTS but if it helps the DD then I would absolutely play that as well.

Comment

Your stubs are not transferable to the new game. The stubs you earn in the new game can be used on DD or RTTS. I would say if you are interested in RTTS then create a player and check it out. You can play and not get serious about it and then just delete and start a new player on 2017 game. At least you will have a feel for the RTTS mode.

Comment

Originally posted by ANGONAR View Post
                          Like what? If I gain stubs these won't transfer to the new game will they? I thought stubs reset to zero. I understand the XP will move over but if I want to play with the latest rosters then I would be better to just start new with the new game as I won't get that much done before the release. Also, can you list the benefit of playing RTTS that will help your DD ? I have never played RTTS but if it helps the DD then I would absolutely play that as well.
                          Correct the stubs will not carry over to 17 but the stubs and xp you earn in rtts can be used for your dd team for the same year.Meaning the rtts games you play will earn you stubs and xp for your dd team in 16 and will not benefit you for 17.I don't think there is a way playing the present rtts (16) will benefit 17 for our dd team and if there was I would be doing it as well.

Comment

yeah you don't get much in terms of stubs and xp but its something when playing rtts. I say give RTTS a go because it is enjoyable. As far as transferring this RTTS to 17 I'd only do it if you are enjoying your players career. Honestly with the new stuff coming to RTTS I would play it this year for these next 3 weeks to get used to playing with just one player versus a whole team and then starting a brand new one in 17. I've played RTTS ever since it was introduced and it has improved leaps and bounds from MLB 06 The Show to now with slight year to year improvements and then a few editions where they made big jumps and 17 looks like a big jump year for RTTS.

Comment

Working...
                            X