Home Field Advantage in the WORLD SERIES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Field Advantage in the WORLD SERIES

Will MLB the Show 17 have home field advantage based on best-record, or is it still going to be based upon the winner of the all-star game in this year's game.

I know that usually stuff like this happens the next year, but this was out for a bit now. I hope it is best-record, very much so!

They usually have all new rules in place. Since the rule changes are always decided upon in plenty of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post
      They usually have all new rules in place. Since the rule changes are always decided upon in plenty of time.
      No, they don't. The one Wild Card game took an extra year to get it in. It is almost always the following year when things are added, not sure what game you have been playing. I was just wondering if anyone heard any official word.

I would heavily doubt it is in, though I would love it if they do get it in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

No, they don't. The one Wild Card game took an extra year to get it in. It is almost always the following year when things are added, not sure what game you have been playing. I was just wondering if anyone heard any official word.

I would heavily doubt it is in, though I would love it if they do get it in there.
        Any rules that are made around Winter Meeting DO get in on time. If it was something that was added last minute then most likely not. Plus they update the game often.

Comment

Yeah after looking at some old YT vids on Franchise it looks like only 1 wild card team made it into MLB 12 The Show but you also have to take into account that the game used to come out around this time of year (late Feb/early March) to coincide with Spring Training instead of its current window (late March/early April) to coincide with opening day. I'm guessing if someone is in the twitch chat they can ask if the new Home-Field Advantage for World Series is in the game. I'm about to tweet them now actually and see if they respond.

Update: Ramone responded with the stream schedule... had a feeling he would but it was worth a shot. I'm thinking that they were able to get it in
          Last edited by romeischillin; 03-07-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

What makes you think that? If all he did was give the schedule, that's not really an answer. When they don't answer, it is usually because they don't want to.

Either way, I bought it already. I just think it would be great if this got in the game...the other way was very silly.

Comment

At least the shadows are accurate and we now have retro mode.

What makes you think that? If all he did was give the schedule, that's not really an answer. When they don't answer, it is usually because they don't want to.

Either way, I bought it already. I just think it would be great if this got in the game...the other way was very silly.

Comment

I'm not basing my answer off of him putting up the schedule. I figured he probably wouldn't answer. Figured I'd take a shot at sending the tweet since the GameStop Monday was released but I'm guessing they are saving the answer for the Franchise stream on Thursday but I'm hoping they drop the info in the video today.

What makes me think that its in the game is because the game releases later than it did back in 2012 when the 2nd wild card team got added. It just depends on if they are able to recode the All-Star Game results to not determine WS home field advantage and instead code it for best W-L record between the two teams and any tiebreaker rules. I'm saying that I think its in because I'm hoping it makes it into the game.

If it doesn't then atleast we know it'll be in MLB The Show 18.

Comment

I wish they didn't play this "dramatic presentation" game with information. I wish they just put it all out there on Jan. 31. People would still watch streams, because they are very interested. This just seems silly dripping out information like this, I cannot really think of any other game that does it like this.

Comment

I wish they didn't play this "dramatic presentation" game with information. I wish they just put it all out there on Jan. 31. People would still watch streams, because they are very interested. This just seems silly dripping out information like this, I cannot really think of any other game that does it like this.

they all do it... it keeps the hype train going... NBA 2K did something similar by having YouTubers come to test/play the game and had embargos in place for when they could post about certain parts of the game... plus it allows for more information to come out about the different modes otherwise the only thing we would have is 4-5 minutes of each of the modes... plus cool things like a Roger Clemens card popping up in the trailer with the tag "its not what you think it is". Someone tweeted to MLB The Show with the pic and they replied back "its not what you think it is".... now I'm wondering what it is... I'm guessing its in reference to the stats leaderboards that they talked about earlier.

Comment

Ah, see, I didn't even know NBA 2K did the same thing. Aside from MLB The Show and Pro Evolution Soccer, I haven't played a whole lot of sports games in the last several years. I love the NHL franchise, but when they took a year off and then came out with that terribly insufficient game for ps4, I was so disillusioned. Then, they charged us full price for the next year even though the 1st one was so horrid.

I know the show each year is what I live for, and PES is just awesome. Aside from that, I don't do a lot of sports games anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X