Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamestop Monday Video About Franchise Mode Severely Disappoints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gamestop Monday Video About Franchise Mode Severely Disappoints

    I love this game just as much as anyone and I don't like to talk negative about it because I know how much hard work goes into it but I think it's fair to express my disappointment because of this video. Many people on Reddit feel the same way and I'm interested to see what everyone says. Hopefully the stream on Thursday will have some nice surprises for us and we can forget about this!

    https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/838766140755083267

  • #2
    Soooooooo......if you're trying to start a topic for conversation, it might help if you explained what you found disappointing about it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, I just feel like there are a lot of other things that could be added to franchise more to help improve it other than player lock, or crucial moments feature. I was hoping to see some improvements to scouting and online play but there is still hope for those things in the stream on Thursday!

      Comment


      • #4
        You do realize that the Monday videos are just a quick look at some of the new features in the specific mode being covered, right? I mean the stream is probably about an hour and a half and I'm sure they won't just be talking about 2 things.

        Comment


        • #5
          I like the idea of playing the big moments here and there. The whole player lock specifically isnt new dont get that. Managing is fine but for the most part will go under used by most users.
          There is a TON of other things they need to address with this mode, an overhaul maybe required for 18 if this is similar.
          Less focus on DD more on franchise/season

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Easy_Duhz_It_ View Post
            You do realize that the Monday videos are just a quick look at some of the new features in the specific mode being covered, right? I mean the stream is probably about an hour and a half and I'm sure they won't just be talking about 2 things.
            Yes, I do realize that. That's why I've stated multiple times that I'm hoping the stream has some new surprises and features for us.

            Comment


            • #7
              I wouldn't hold my breath. There is no micro transaction money in franchise mode.

              Originally posted by JPinstripe View Post

              Yes, I do realize that. That's why I've stated multiple times that I'm hoping the stream has some new surprises and features for us.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CrashDavis21 View Post
                I like the idea of playing the big moments here and there. The whole player lock specifically isnt new dont get that. Managing is fine but for the most part will go under used by most users.
                There is a TON of other things they need to address with this mode, an overhaul maybe required for 18 if this is similar.
                Less focus on DD more on franchise/season
                The player lock one is for special moments. It's not the actual Player Lock feature. Basically what this does is say for example you are playing as the Mets and you are simming games. While simming you might get a pop that says Noah Syndergaard has a no-hitter through 7 innings and you have the option to try to complete the no-hitter but you will only be able to use Noah Syndergaard. You might get another Critical Moment in another game with the chance at a walk-off but it won't lock you into a Player Lock situation as you will have control over the whole team.

                Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                I wouldn't hold my breath. There is no micro transaction money in franchise mode.

                Actually its there but not used as much as getting packs or players/items in DD or training points/boost in RTTS. Franchise Mode has money for your budget available for different stub amounts. I believe its 1,000 for the lowest amount, 5,500 for the middle and 12,000 stubs for the highest amount of money for your budget.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Franchise mode is pretty much all I play, and I attempt to play every inning of at least 120 games per season. I let every cut scene role and watch all highlights at the end of every game. I love letting each game breath and take on a life of its own. There's nothing better than grinding away against the opposition's star pitcher inning after inning, feeling totally defeated and then finally being able to orchestrate a late game comeback. Conversely, there's nothing more deflating than to totally dominate your opposition for seven or eight innings, only to see them generate some late inning magic of their own. Having those type of experiences game after game throughout a season really is what makes playing franchise mode so special to me.

                  For me, I just don't understand why one would want to rush through games in franchise mode. Jumping into key moments would totally throw me for a loop. It usually takes me at least a couple of batters to get a least a little feel for the opposing pitcher. With all of that being said however, I certainly understand that I'm probably not the norm and that they're plenty of people who love the idea of only playing a few plays a game, and that's great. I just hope "The Show" doesn't go down the rabbit hole of trying to make every mode faster and slicker. Please allow those of us who enjoy playing every inning of every game the continued opportunity to do so. "The Show" has a terrific franchise mode now and I sincerely hope they don't monkey around with it too much and start to take things away in an attempt to make it more flashy.

                  The only part of the GameStop teaser that got me somewhat excited is the new text-based simulation. Maybe the reason I have the patience for all of that is because I'm a little bit older and grew up playing Strat-O-Matic baseball in the 70's. lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Franchise mode has become almost unplayable. Player progression is terrible, scouting needs improvement along with free agency. I'm in season 4 and Harper, Altuve, Bumgarner, Goldschmidt are all free agents because no team will sign them to the 30 million dollar deal. How can a game leave out the likes of these players is beyond me. Quite stupid, previous years you were able to do more with tickets prices, stadium upgrades, concessions etc. SDS has put all of the eggs in the DD basket and has made minor tweaks, not improvements, to the Franchise mode of this game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Crucial moments sounds like a gimmick Ill never use. Manager mode Im keen on however. Im a stratomatic baseball fan and like the whole play-by-play managing format.

                      I really liked the franchise mode in 2016 despite some problems with trading bring too easy, and minor league stats from previous years disappearing forever after a season is done.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Did you turn off salary cap?

                        Originally posted by DaHaTeR81 View Post
                        Franchise mode has become almost unplayable. Player progression is terrible, scouting needs improvement along with free agency. I'm in season 4 and Harper, Altuve, Bumgarner, Goldschmidt are all free agents because no team will sign them to the 30 million dollar deal. How can a game leave out the likes of these players is beyond me. Quite stupid, previous years you were able to do more with tickets prices, stadium upgrades, concessions etc. SDS has put all of the eggs in the DD basket and has made minor tweaks, not improvements, to the Franchise mode of this game.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                          Did you turn off salary cap?

                          Its pretty pathetic that you have to turn it off to keep a franchise flowing eh?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I agree. I only turn it off because baseball doesn't have one. I find teams sign players then trade away players. I assume to get under budget.

                            Originally posted by CrashDavis21 View Post


                            Its pretty pathetic that you have to turn it off to keep a franchise flowing eh?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X