Pre-Order ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Order ?

So does that mean we will be receiving a total of 10 Standard packs for pre-ordering and another 20 with the pack as it comes? What are your thoughts on how this reads ? Thanks

Hello ... Just wanted to know what everyone else thinks. I went to pre-order the new game and was reading the items that come with each option ( Gamestop and PS Store ) and decided that I am not in need of a hat or a steel box for the game. I would rather have in game content and a digital version so I don't scratch the disc. My question is the interpretation of what exactly comes with the pre-order from the PS Store for the Digital Deluxe Game. It states that if you pre-order you will receive the following

Pre-order MLB The Show 17 now to receive 10 Standard Packs, and 1 MLB The Show 17 highlight player rookie card when the game launches!

It then goes on to say the following ....

Along with the full digital download of the game, the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with:
    • 11,000 Stubs for MLB The Show 17
    • 1 MLB® The Show™ 17 Diamond Season Starter Pack (includes Mission starter for Diamond Item)
    • 1 MLB® The Show™ 17 Gold Season Starter Pack (includes Mission starter for Gold Item)
    • 1 Digital Deluxe Pack
    • 1 Sponsor Pack
    20 Standard Packs
    • 31 PS4 Themes

So does that mean we will be receiving a total of 10 Standard packs for pre-ordering and another 20 with the pack leaving you with 30 in the end when it comes out? What are your thoughts on how this reads ? Thanks
    Last edited by ANGONAR; 03-06-2017, 06:06 PM.

Originally posted by ANGONAR View Post
    So does that mean we will be receiving a total of 10 Standard packs for pre-ordering and another 20 with the pack as it comes? What are your thoughts on how this reads ? Thanks

Hello ... Just wanted to know what everyone else thinks. I went to pre-order the new game and was reading the items that come with each option ( Gamestop and PS Store ) and decided that I am not in need of a hat or a steel box for the game. I would rather have in game content and a digital version so I don't scratch the disc. My question is the interpretation of what exactly comes with the pre-order from the PS Store for the Digital Deluxe Game. It states that if you pre-order you will receive the following

Pre-order MLB The Show 17 now to receive 10 Standard Packs, and 1 MLB The Show 17 highlight player rookie card when the game launches!

Along with the full digital download of the game, the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with:
    • 1 MLB® The Show™ 17 Diamond Season Starter Pack (includes Mission starter for Diamond Item)
    • 1 MLB® The Show™ 17 Gold Season Starter Pack (includes Mission starter for Gold Item)
    • 1 Digital Deluxe Pack
    • 1 Sponsor Pack
    20 Standard Packs
    • 31 PS4 Themes

So does that mean we will be receiving a total of 10 Standard packs for pre-ordering and another 20 with the pack leaving you with 30 in the end when it comes out? What are your thoughts on how this reads ? Thanks
    I
    It's saying for actually pre-ordering you get an additional 10 standard packs. So, that would be 30 in total. For those who don't pre-order they would only get 20.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
      I
      It's saying for actually pre-ordering you get an additional 10 standard packs. So, that would be 30 in total. For those who don't pre-order they would only get 20.

That is what I believe it is as well ... I wondered if anyone thought it was not 30 packs in total. I had read an older thread somewhere else that had tons of responses where many people thought different ways to interpret that. I only see one

Comment

That is what I believe it is as well ... I wondered if anyone thought it was not 30 packs in total. I had read an older thread somewhere else that had tons of responses where many people thought different ways to interpret that. I only see one
        People might as well pre-order just to be sure. Even if it's only a couple days before the game is released.

Comment

• 1 Digital Deluxe Pack
          • 1 Sponsor Pack
          20 Standard Packs
          • 31 PS4 Themes

yeah the highlight rookie is actually the Griffey Jr rookie card, I think they just hadn't updated the site to reflect that and yeah the 10 standard packs and the Griffey goes to everyone that preorders so you will get the additional 20 packs for going with the Digital Deluxe Edition giving you 30 packs, and you should have also received/or will receive 11k in stubs for MLB The Show 16 also if you preorder(ed).

I want the hat but also didn't want to wait for the game to get shipped to me or go pick it up, even though I was tempted to have it shipped in hopes that it got to me on Friday or Monday but figured why risk it. Ended up preorder Digital Deluxe and Hall of Fame edition. I'm thinking about requesting off work so I can play from midnight until sometime in the morning and then go pick up my HoF edition from GameStop and then race back home to play some more with my hat to the back. Still don't know if I'll put the code from the HoF on my main account or use it on another account, leaning on putting it on another account.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

yeah the highlight rookie is actually the Griffey Jr rookie card, I think they just hadn't updated the site to reflect that and yeah the 10 standard packs and the Griffey goes to everyone that preorders so you will get the additional 20 packs for going with the Digital Deluxe Edition giving you 30 packs, and you should have also received/or will receive 11k in stubs for MLB The Show 16 also if you preorder(ed).

I want the hat but also didn't want to wait for the game to get shipped to me or go pick it up, even though I was tempted to have it shipped in hopes that it got to me on Friday or Monday but figured why risk it. Ended up preorder Digital Deluxe and Hall of Fame edition. I'm thinking about requesting off work so I can play from midnight until sometime in the morning and then go pick up my HoF edition from GameStop and then race back home to play some more with my hat to the back. Still don't know if I'll put the code from the HoF on my main account or use it on another account, leaning on putting it on another account.
            What would be the benefit to using the code on another account? Is there a way to have farm accounts in MLB The Show like you can with the Madden series? If not I can't see why you wouldn't just put everything on the same account and have that much more. Also, I think if you aren't interested in getting a hat and a steel box then the Digital Deluxe pre-order is the best bet since you get more in the way of packs and in game bonus material.

Comment

What would be the benefit to using the code on another account? Is there a way to have farm accounts in MLB The Show like you can with the Madden series? If not I can't see why you wouldn't just put everything on the same account and have that much more. Also, I think if you aren't interested in getting a hat and a steel box then the Digital Deluxe pre-order is the best bet since you get more in the way of packs and in game bonus material.

Want to build teams in different ways. Will make it easier to play against other teams in Extra Innings by having my own teams at the ready. Part of it is that I want to do a YouTube series for my main team and then stream putting another team together. The reason I don't want to put the HoF code on the same account that I got the Digital Deluxe on is that I'd end up with two Griffey Jr rookie cards... not sure if it'll be able to be sold or not. I guess once the game is 100% playable and I get into DD I'll take a look to see if Griffey Jr can be sold. If he can be sold then I'll put my HoF code on the same account and then I'll sell the extra rookie Griffey Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X