Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about digital download pre-order for MLB 17 on PSN

Hi all,

This year, I think I'm going to order the digital download version instead of the physical version. I have two questions about it.

1. Will I be able to download it (but not play it, obviously) before it releases? (I know it's possible with some games, but not sure if that feature is on a game by game basis)

2. When does it release? I'm located in the US. Is it 12am local time, or 12am Eastern time? (I'm located in Minnesota).

Thanks!

Originally posted by brianhart2003 View Post
    Hi all,

This year, I think I'm going to order the digital download version instead of the physical version. I have two questions about it.

1. Will I be able to download it (but not play it, obviously) before it releases? (I know it's possible with some games, but not sure if that feature is on a game by game basis)

2. When does it release? I'm located in the US. Is it 12am local time, or 12am Eastern time? (I'm located in Minnesota).

Thanks!
    Yes. You will be able to download it about two days before it releases and then it unlocks when it releases.
    All I know is that it releases for me on March 27th 9PM (PST) and I live in Washington State.

Comment

Originally posted by brianhart2003 View Post
      Hi all,

Thanks!

If I remember correctly its 12am Eastern Time, so others will get it sooner than midnight in the other time zones

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
        Yes. You will be able to download it about two days before it releases and then it unlocks when it releases.
        All I know is that it releases for me on March 27th 9PM (PST) and I live in Washington State.
        Humm, they havent done this before. Can you point me somewhere that that confirms this? I have always had to wait to download when it releases. I would love a pre release and just have to download what is necessary to get the game going at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post
          Humm, they havent done this before. Can you point me somewhere that that confirms this? I have always had to wait to download when it releases. I would love a pre release and just have to download what is necessary to get the game going at launch.
          You have auto download checked off ?

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/featur...re-away-729173

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bombero_Loco View Post

You have auto download checked off ?

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/featur...re-away-729173

Yup this is key. I'll be using rest mode exclusively starting Saturday night whenever I'm out the house until that bad boy shows up on my homescreen with the lock and I believe the countdown timer will still be visible so as soon as that puppy hits all zeroes midnight est Tuesday I'm in there.

And yup no matter where you are, atleast in North America, your came will be available to play midnight eastern so 9 pacific, 10 mountain, 11 central... I lowkey envy you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckCLC View Post
              They did it last year and I'm almost positive I heard somewhere they will do the same this year.
              Edit: I just checked and in my library it says expected pre-download date 03/25.
              Last edited by TheeAtomicPunk; 03-09-2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Did this the last two years and game was installed 100% and ready to play at 9PM PST

Comment

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Comment

Working...
                  X