Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the first thing you'll do when you get your hands on The Show 17?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't add players to an existing franchise.

Originally posted by Yngwie_Swain View Post

No- read it again....I will transfer/continue a Franchise I start from a roster, then export the players I want for my '17 roster...I won't need the franchise

Comment

RTTS to try out the new content and then DD.

Comment

Go to PS store purchase $200 worth of stubs. Buy myself a good Wild West DD events team and get right after it alternating games between events, seasons, conquest, and battle royale for about the next year.

Comment

The first thing I'll do is what I do with every sports game I buy, put the disc in and watch every last second of the opening cinematic sequence. Something about watching the opening on release day really gets me excited about the new game. Then, for the first time in a couple of years, I'm starting a new franchise (haven't decided on the team yet). I figure with the MLB Network presentation and new commentators, now is as a good a time as any to do so.

Comment

Thats it? One million dollars dude.

Comment

Probably complete conquest goals and play franchise. And keep reading on how poor online play is until it gets kinda fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                You can't add players to an existing franchise.
                It's not intended to export the individual players to attempt to import them into an "existing" Franchise....It is intended to use those player files to put into a NEW ROSTER(using the first one SDS provides us)..that will be used for a NEW FRANCHISE FOR '17

NOW are you following my plan?
                CATCH ME ON TWITCH.TV (live or archived) DOING MLB THE SHOW FRANCHISE at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

Comment

You said you'll export your franchise and use that roster to add the 2017 players. You cannot do that. You can only export your franchise and play your franchise and you'll actually be missing players that will be replaced by generic players. I believe somewhere between 50-75 players got lost from 2015 to 2016. There is no way to take player files from one game to the next. Not possible from 2014 to 2015 or 2015 to 2016. If this is new please provide a link stating so.

Example- Jose Fernandez will be gone because he passed away. He will be replaced by a generic player. Same with retired Prince Fielder. As for the minor league players. They cannot be taken out of an existing franchise and put into a new roster file. If Alex Verdugo is in your minor league system in 2016 you cannot export him from your franchise and put him into a new roster file. You have to completely remake him in 2017 to use him in 2017 or hope someone has done so and put him into the 2017 player vault.

Basically 2016 player files will not be compatible for 2017 rosters or it at least that was how it was from 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016. However, as I said, if this changed feel free to share a link stating so.

Originally posted by Yngwie_Swain View Post

It's not intended to export the individual players to attempt to import them into an "existing" Franchise....It is intended to use those player files to put into a NEW ROSTER(using the first one SDS provides us)..that will be used for a NEW FRANCHISE FOR '17

NOW are you following my plan?
                  Last edited by fubar2k7; 03-11-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I'll never actually have this game in my hands per se. Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch so i pre-ordered the digital deluxe version. At midnight on March 28th, i'll go in and open all my packs to start my DD squad. Then, I'll create a player and jump into RTTS.

Comment

I'm going to go look at all the new cards

Comment

Originally posted by two7offsuit View Post
                        Create my Diamond Dynasty team and after opening all my packs from the preorder bonus, hop online and play against other people for the first time in nearly a year now that bunt cheesing appears to have been addressed.
                        ​how do we know bunt cheesing is fixed???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doobers2982 View Post

​how do we know bunt cheesing is fixed???!!!
                          If they aren't lying about the ball going directly to the fielders then it is fixed. Guys like Hamilton will still be able to bunt for hits though.

Comment

Start a new franchise with the dodgers

Comment

Take the plastic wrapper off...

Comment

See what is in every section of Diamond Dynasty... weep uncontrollably and be very glad that I decided to request off work Tuesday Mar 28th. I will then rage about having to be back at work Wednesday Mar 29th.... j/k... but yeah I'm going to check out DD and hopefully get a video or 2 up on YouTube. Then sometime Tuesday morning I'll take a break to get my HoF copy from gamestop... then its back home to pick up where I left off on my Digital Deluxe edition... at that point I'll probably open my packs but will definitely get some RTTS and Franchise in between 12am-10am.
                                Last edited by romeischillin; 03-12-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X