Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the first thing you'll do when you get your hands on The Show 17?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by two7offsuit View Post
    I asked during the live streams about the replay ability in conquest and there appears there will be some to it. They mentioned about having to capture a certain team's stronghold would be a mission and if you already captured that stronghold, you would have to start over to get the reward or something like this to keep people playing conquest.
    Conquest was a lot of fun for me.I beat the map twice so no problem here

Comment

Originally posted by gameday7707 View Post

I beat the map a few times. It was nice for me as I didn't have time for 9 inning games and I wasn't too much into H2H so it's good they're adding something more to keep it interesting.
      Last edited by two7offsuit; 03-15-2017, 02:15 PM.
      O's, Stroh's, and Natty Boh's Hon

Comment

Originally posted by two7offsuit View Post

I beat the map a few times. It was nice for me as I didn't have time for 9 inning games and I wasn't too much into H2H so it's good their adding something more to keep it interesting.
        Exactly.Also before I knew it stubs,collecting cards and xp for the captain got high fast because of playing so many games without checking.My hats off to the person who came up with the conquest idea.

Comment

I'm actually going to wait a little while before starting a RTTS and Franchise mode. I like to get the best out of the game so I usually just play exhibition games just to get a feel of all the new stuff until the update/patches begin to roll out. I currently have both a RTTS and Franchise mode in '16 that I'm really into so I'll keep playing those as well. I'll end up transferring both into '17 as well eventually. I'm still curious as to how our current RTTS modes will work with the new "Pave Your Path" feature...I'm going into my 4th year!

Comment

Play!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gameday7707 View Post

Any conquest tips?? I was soooo bad at it!!

Comment

In the beginning no need to put reinforcements at your strong hold.Keep building strong towards Seattle claiming as much spots as you can until the map has settled in.Try not to attack the Twins so early they are always tough.Keep building a strong perimeter focusing most on the areas you plan to take and the team you want to attack next,but also build your perimeter where other teams are adding fans on your border (because they plan to attack you.Soon enough weak spots will develop with other teams then go for it.I always put 99 fans next to a strong hold then surrounded it before attacking because it made the game easy and try never to attack a strong hold when they are still in attack mode because it can zap you and take back that territory.Then you just pick them off one by one but the big key is have a strong perimeter and attack the weak spots.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                  You said you'll export your franchise and use that roster to add the 2017 players. You cannot do that. You can only export your franchise and play your franchise and you'll actually be missing players that will be replaced by generic players. I believe somewhere between 50-75 players got lost from 2015 to 2016. There is no way to take player files from one game to the next. Not possible from 2014 to 2015 or 2015 to 2016. If this is new please provide a link stating so.

Example- Jose Fernandez will be gone because he passed away. He will be replaced by a generic player. Same with retired Prince Fielder. As for the minor league players. They cannot be taken out of an existing franchise and put into a new roster file. If Alex Verdugo is in your minor league system in 2016 you cannot export him from your franchise and put him into a new roster file. You have to completely remake him in 2017 to use him in 2017 or hope someone has done so and put him into the 2017 player vault.

Basically 2016 player files will not be compatible for 2017 rosters or it at least that was how it was from 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016. However, as I said, if this changed feel free to share a link stating so.
                  Looks like I didn't follow what you believed I was saying correctly. What I am saying is I plan on using the MINOR LEAGUE PROSPECTS that were on the ridingwithkingsley "Full Minors" OSFM Roster from '16...you believed I was using the entire roster created by SDS? Now what you are saying about taking players out of an existing franchise is totally true...if they are SDS created. I am only talking about the created ones!
                  CATCH ME ON TWITCH.TV (live or archived) DOING MLB THE SHOW FRANCHISE at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

Comment

Take it out of the box and insert disc, and then hope my wifi doesn't spaz out and it takes forever to download the damn game.

It took nearly four hours for the game to complete downloading last year. Comcast internet sucks.

Comment

Play! (after all options are set, of course, and a profile is created)

Comment

Working...
                      X