Can't we all just get along?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't we all just get along?

Yeah yeah, I'm long winded on all of my posts I know...
    I'll start off by saying I enjoy this game immensely. I also enjoy how active this community is as far as helping each other out, posting info on here and just in general having some great discussions on play styles, baseball in general and of course CHEESING. It's greatly helped me since I discovered it mid season and on days like today when work is slow it helps the day go by reading interesting posts and having discussions about baseball.

That said, there has been more and more a toxic feeling lately on here. I dunno if it's everybody is so jacked for '17 and now that it's so close everyone is on edge and it's like blood in the water or maybe SDS is putting subliminal messages in their twitch streams and Facebook videos as some kind of dark social experiment... But Jesus Christ some people are being total toxic dickheads on here lately. I'm in no way offended, just more annoyed. I understand this is the interweb and there are always going to be trolls and what not, but for ****s sake, it's a god damn video game. You don't need to insult someone or call them stupid or question their life choices on a forum for a video game just because you don't agree with them, have had a different playing experience or have a better record or play more often or whatever. Not naming names, and I'll be shocked not to see a few of the culprits comment here, those of you who feel the need to comment and start an argument on every single thread to show us how good you are at a video game know who you are... But it's kind of gotten ridiculous and I'm hoping it calms down soon. Like I said, I love some of the discussions that pop up on here and really enjoy talking ball with people from different parts of the country and different fan bases. I'm not innocent here but I try and make even when I'm making fun of someone it to be lighthearted and in a joking manner, or if I'm complaining about cheese or some exploit I at least try to make it somehow a productive discussion. But good lord some people are seriously going a bit overboard with it. And even though it's not a flawless game, and again I am not innocent here, if you seriously are that mad that all you are going to do is bitch and moan 50x a day and constantly talk about how trash the game is, then don't play it. Maybe you should pick up another hobby like knitting or training carrier pigeons.
    DEATH TO CHEESERS
    18 days to go gents.

Good post. SDS could shut down this site then we could all live in our misery without any knowledge of anything going on. I had said last year that this was going to be the first year I wasn't excited at all about the new release. I had actually felt that way about the release of '16 (but not as much as this upcoming version). But I was totally mistaken. To me it's almost like a rejuvenation with the ball physics, player models, etc., etc. I share your enthusiasm for 18 days.

Comment

Originally posted by jim416 View Post
      Good post. SDS could shut down this site then we could all live in our misery without any knowledge of anything going on. I had said last year that this was going to be the first year I wasn't excited at all about the new release. I had actually felt that way about the release of '16 (but not as much as this upcoming version). But I was totally mistaken. To me it's almost like a rejuvenation with the ball physics, player models, etc., etc. I share your enthusiasm for 18 days.

SDS studios can't shut down the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy_Duhz_It_ View Post

SDS studios can't shut down the internet.

unfortunately, lol.

Comment

I think it would be boring if everyone got along all the time and there were no heated debates or anything.

Comment

Best parts of this game IS NOT playing online. Dont get me wrong I enjoyed playing DD for the first time ever this past year but I havent played DD inm months and game is great. Dont plan on playing DD in 2017 until at least May. Cheesers and quitters are too rampant just like any other sports game.

Comment

This is the time of year when a lot of people dedicated to the game discover the big feature they wanted didn't make it into the game while a feature they don't care about did make it into the game. It is understandable they would be disappointed but most will get over it.

Comment

I enjoy heated discussions on here a lot don't get me wrong. There's just some real assholes on here lately who feel the need to just be negative as hell and troll on every single post just because.

Comment

Originally posted by Dealer-95- View Post
                  I enjoy heated discussions on here a lot don't get me wrong. There's just some real assholes on here lately who feel the need to just be negative as hell and troll on every single post just because.
                  I think I get the intention of your post however calling people assholes, and trolls, and dickheads makes you no better than the people you're complaining about.

Comment

Originally posted by biebig2010 View Post
                    I think I get the intention of your post however calling people assholes, and trolls, and dickheads makes you no better than the people you're complaining about.

Touche'
                    Can '17 drop already so I can get off the forums haha

Comment

Touche'
                      Can '17 drop already so I can get off the forums haha
                      Not gonna help me from 7am-4pm when I am at the office.
                      Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post

Not gonna help me from 7am-4pm when I am at the office.

Seriously, same boat over here. I do a lot of cold calling in my line of work, so a lot of time on hold or talking to a potential customer just passing time by reading anything interesting on my laptop. Didn't even post on here til a couple months ago but I enjoy having a good discussion on here... and occasionally ranting about cheese. Helps make the day go by faster and this is the first time I've very really followed a reddit or forum about any game just because it has a real world counter part in the MLB that is semi conducive.

I try to make it clear anything close to an insult on here from me is a total joke and light hearted. But a lot of the time the tone of a post gets lost in the fact it's done with text. Some guys lately have been way too harsh on here though especially on first time posters and people interested in getting into the game for the first time. Totally different game type, but a buddy of mine nearly stopped playing RB6 Siege altogether after every body was just an asshole to him for asking simple questions as a newbie or team killing and vote kicking him since he was low level. That community has a lot of toxic players. Just hate to see people act like that over a game. Glad this community is usually very good and supportive, I guess I'll chock it up to the new game being so close and that's why a certain few are acting so high and mighty.

Comment

Glad this community is usually very good and supportive, I guess I'll chock it up to the new game being so close and that's why a certain few are acting so high and mighty.
                          I am sorry to say you haven't seen the ugly side yet. This is really calm as of right now. Wait until release and the hounds come out, there will be plenty of post you should just ignore and let them fade away. But I enjoy being here when I can't play during the day regardless of the toxic level.
                          Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

I am sorry to say you haven't seen the ugly side yet. This is really calm as of right now. Wait until release and the hounds come out, there will be plenty of post you should just ignore and let them fade away. But I enjoy being here when I can't play during the day regardless of the toxic level.

Jeez, didn't realize it was that bad, never really went back to look at older posts. Next week after the game comes out I'll probably not be on except to see if I'm missing something as far as certain strategy's or new game functions. Kinda disheartening to hear all of that though. I filter through most of it anyways unless it's something I have something worthwhile to add to or a question. As I said in the start of this posting there are a few guys on here who feel the need to add their two cents to every single post. I do my best to not be that guy and just have fun.

Comment

I think we just need to counter that with thoughtful discussion and positive comments. Not that there should be a ban on speaking of things that might be wrong, but just ignore the "whiners" and keep this place going well. I think it is on us, at least I hope it will work out that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X