Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB The Show nit-picking: first world problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB The Show nit-picking: first world problems?

The MLB The Show is a great series of sport games. For many other sports which are quite well followed, like cricket, tennis and Australian Rules Football in my country there is next to nothing on offer. The games coming out are shocking quality, crammed with game breaking bugs, yet they still ask $100 a pop for their terrible products. Even F1 and rugby is poorly represented in the gaming market.

I see a lot of complaining and nit-picking about the small things. Reality is, baseball fans dont know how good they've got it!!! MLB The Show is one of the best series of sports games out there in my opinion. And the developer interaction with the community is second to none from what Ive come across anyway.
    Last edited by Sue_Ridgepipe44; 03-12-2017, 12:13 AM.

After playing Madden religiously for the past 14+ years I have VERY little to complain about with MLB. This is easily the best sports title I've played in quite some time, if not ever.

Comment

What I've come to learn about people in my 46 years of life is they are never happy unless they are complaining about something, at least here in the US. Cannot speak about people elsewhere. So I have just learned to mostly ignore all the petty complaining on message boards such as these, It will never end, and will only end up making you upset if you pay attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Ridgepipe44 View Post

I see a lot of complaining and nit-picking about the small things. Reality is, baseball fans dont know how good they've got it!!! MLB The Show is one of the best series of sports games out there in my opinion. And the developer interaction with the community is second to none from what Ive come across anyway.
        Oh yes, we do!

Some of us, anyway. That is why that other post about how this game has been nothing but declining for 11 years is, I think, the dumbest post I have ever seen in my life (regarding things like games).

Believe me, every day when I play this gem of a game, I praise "how good I got it!!!" I thought for a long time that NHL 11 was the best representation of a true life game ever, before that it was High Heat Baseball. No question, MLB the Show is the king of the roost now!

Comment

I think it's one of the reasons we don't have more members posting as some people will always come along and constantly derail a thread with ad nauseam negative posts.

Comment

I disagree. Each game is by far the best in terms of gameplay, minus an occasional bug but any significant ones (broken auto baserunning in 2016) are patched. However, I do feel the franchise mode has been stripped down since MLB10 and regression needs to be revamped.

Comment

Played Madden for the first time since 2010 and quit after 6 games.

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post
              After playing Madden religiously for the past 14+ years I have VERY little to complain about with MLB. This is easily the best sports title I've played in quite some time, if not ever.

Comment

Oh trust as a baseball fan I know how good I have it. Every time ask why this game doesn't release on XBox I go through a plethora of emotions. I rage that people don't understand the meaning of the word exclusive, then I cry because I now own an XBox One that might not get regular use until NBA 2K18 releases (maybe Madden, who knows), and then finally I crack a smile because I know in 2 weeks I'll be playing MLB The Show 17 with a "Swingman" hat on my head with the brim to the back

Comment

Originally posted by Brife71 View Post
                  What I've come to learn about people in my 46 years of life is they are never happy unless they are complaining about something, at least here in the US. Cannot speak about people elsewhere. So I have just learned to mostly ignore all the petty complaining on message boards such as these, It will never end, and will only end up making you upset if you pay attention to it.
                  I'm just encouraged to see another 40+ yr old playing with similar stats, except games played vs humans (I'm up there with you if added vs CPU games for sure)...I just get to worked up with this kids bastardizing baseball with play style.
                  Last edited by The_Bombero_Loco; 03-14-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

The MLB The Show is a great series of sport games. For many other sports which are quite well followed, like cricket, tennis and Australian Rules Football in my country there is next to nothing on offer. The games coming out are shocking quality, crammed with game breaking bugs, yet they still ask $100 a pop for their terrible products. Even F1 and rugby is poorly represented in the gaming market.

Most of the nit-pickers and complainers are the same people complaining over and over again. And I agree, this is the best damn sports game, period!

Comment

The Show is by far the most realistic game in relation to its sport. With EA NHL, their best video game product is in the past. I use to be the person to pick it up on release day but since haven't purchased the title since 13 or 14. Baseball fans have it lucky in the world of video games.

Comment

I see a lot of complaining and nit-picking about the small things. Reality is, baseball fans dont know how good they've got it!!!
                        What you do not see is the number of people not complaining far outweigh those that do. Most people do not take time to praise something but are quick to find a fault, same goes for most things in life. Most are simply not geared that way anymore.

I don't mind when people take time to visit here and vent, it shows they care( to a degree of course). What you don't want is the repetitive outlashing of something that may need tweaked or even out of the hands of developers. (although most are within reach). Take a minute to look at it from each side and bring some constructive feedback before assuming the worst in people. Although we all know feeding some these guys are just what they want.
                        Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Originally posted by thinkbluedgr View Post

Most of the nit-pickers and complainers are the same people complaining over and over again. And I agree, this is the best damn sports game, period!

Yep. A couple recent posts, now the comeback code has been resurrected, sigh....enough for me. I'll come back when a wishlist comes out for '18, not going to slosh thru some of the nonsense. I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this years game, even with the hideous long hair, etc. (sarcasm off) Have fun fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ_NFL_24 View Post
                            This. The worst thing EA ever did was buy the NFL license and keep the game out of 2Ks hands. NFL 2K5 is still the best football game I've played and I've played Madden for 15 years. All i've ever wanted in a football game is an actual career, highlight reels and halftime shows. All we get in Madden is "Hey guys this year the focus is on defense" one year and "Hey guys this year the focus is on the passing game" the next.

Comment

According to Ramone sports games can't realistically improve except for every three years. He pointed out that most games get that long for development and that with year to year releases they can only focus on part of the game. Perhaps that is the problem Madden faces with releasing a game annually. In all fairness that is what the show does. The focus was on the player models and lighting effects as well as the ball coming off a bat versus wall.

Originally posted by Easy_Duhz_It_ View Post

This. The worst thing EA ever did was buy the NFL license and keep the game out of 2Ks hands. NFL 2K5 is still the best football game I've played and I've played Madden for 15 years. All i've ever wanted in a football game is an actual career, highlight reels and halftime shows. All we get in Madden is "Hey guys this year the focus is on defense" one year and "Hey guys this year the focus is on the passing game" the next.

Comment

Working...
                              X