Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else looking forward to Quick Manage mode in Franchise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else looking forward to Quick Manage mode in Franchise?

A lot of negative press about the (lack of) additions to Franchise Mode this year, but I'm really looking forward to quick manage mode. I loved Stratomatic baseball, so being able to simulate an entire at bat at the touch of a button, and get through games in less than 10 minutes while still being part of the action by making managerial decisions, plus having the choice to enter actual gameplay at any time sounds good to me.

I know there isn't much new to this mode, but Id rather see some minor polishing up than a complete overhaul done badly. I really enjoyed the mode in 2016.

The critical situations - I can see how this would appeal to the more 'casual' franchise player. But quick manage mode is basically stratomatic baseball without the rolling dice, maintaining piles of cards, trying to interpret shockingly formatted rules books and charts and manually keeping score.

Yeah I'm definitely going to give it a try but I'm just not too thrilled about the fact that it doesn't give you much options at the plate. If I remember correctly, it only let's you swing, bunt, and pinch hit. I don't see how you can work the count or even make solid contact when you're just swinging away at every pitch! Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm worried this feature will mess up season stats for my players. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but it just seems to me that if I'm telling my player to swing, swing, swing, he's either going to strike out or fly out. How is it that we get walked if you're sending a swing command to the batter each time? Or maybe it's automated to where the player at bat determines whether to actually swing or take a pitch regardless of the swing command? In that case, then I'm definitely looking forward to this mode.

Comment

I'm looking forward to both quick manage and critical situations. If people can get through seasons they're more inclined to play Franchise so I'm very happy for these additions.

Comment

Originally posted by RELIABLE_THREAT View Post
        Yeah I'm definitely going to give it a try but I'm just not too thrilled about the fact that it doesn't give you much options at the plate. If I remember correctly, it only let's you swing, bunt, and pinch hit. I don't see how you can work the count or even make solid contact when you're just swinging away at every pitch! Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm worried this feature will mess up season stats for my players. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but it just seems to me that if I'm telling my player to swing, swing, swing, he's either going to strike out or fly out. How is it that we get walked if you're sending a swing command to the batter each time? Or maybe it's automated to where the player at bat determines whether to actually swing or take a pitch regardless of the swing command? In that case, then I'm definitely looking forward to this mode.
        Im guessing you play every game normally in franchise?

I'm sure it would take into consideration the relevant attributes of the batter and pitcher. If a pitcher has a poor BB/9 and a batter has good vision and discipline then that's going to increase the chances of the batter being walked.

Like stratomatic, the chances of being walked, making a hit etc come down to probability based on a player's previous season's stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh_Jars44 View Post

Im guessing you play every game normally in franchise?

I'm sure it would take into consideration the relevant attributes of the batter and pitcher. If a pitcher has a poor BB/9 and a batter has good vision and discipline then that's going to increase the chances of the batter being walked.

Like stratomatic, the chances of being walked, making a hit etc come down to probability based on a player's previous season's stats.
          Yeah that's exactly how I hope it is! If so, I'm definitely using the new Quick Manage feature!...even though I must admit, I'm one of those franchise players that NEEDS to feel involved by playing every single game lol. Besides my ongoing franchise (since MLB 15) with my Marlins in which I play every game, I'll start a new one that I will Quick Manage every game.

Comment

Never played it but will in MLB17. I never played stratomatic but played APBA which was pretty much the same thing. I can see myself play all my MLB, AAA and AA games with quick play.

Originally posted by Hugh_Jars44 View Post
            A lot of negative press about the (lack of) additions to Franchise Mode this year, but I'm really looking forward to quick manage mode. I loved Stratomatic baseball, so being able to simulate an entire at bat at the touch of a button, and get through games in less than 10 minutes while still being part of the action by making managerial decisions, plus having the choice to enter actual gameplay at any time sounds good to me.

I know there isn't much new to this mode, but Id rather see some minor polishing up than a complete overhaul done badly. I really enjoyed the mode in 2016.

The critical situations - I can see how this would appeal to the more 'casual' franchise player. But quick manage mode is basically stratomatic baseball without the rolling dice, maintaining piles of cards, trying to interpret shockingly formatted rules books and charts and manually keeping score.

Comment

Not really. Might try it, but I really prefer to be the player of 162 for a true season.

Comment

Yeah I'll give it a try once the game launches but won't use it seriously until later down the line as the first run through with Quick Manage probably won't be as thought out as when I decide to do like a managing only franchise.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I'll play my normal franchise inning by inning for all 162 games. If I do this mode it'll be my secondary franchise. Give me something to do when I don't have the full hour to play a regular game.

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post
                  Not really. Might try it, but I really prefer to be the player of 162 for a true season.

Comment

Working...
                  X