Strange, disturbing pattern of results when simming in Franchise mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange, disturbing pattern of results when simming in Franchise mode

Ive noticed many times now that when Im on the wrong side of a blow-out, ie 6-0 down at the top of the 9th, when I fast forward sim to the end of the game it often goes in my favour. In the game I mentioned above, my team put on a bull**** 8 runs in the 9th to win it.

It feels like the winner is pre-determined prior to the game being played.

Maybe the computer works out what team is most likely to win prior to the game beginning, as opposed to the current game state, and tries to adjust accordingly to represent the most probable outcome.
    Last edited by Sue_Ridgepipe44; 03-14-2017, 03:25 AM.

Ironically if you play on Hall of fame Pitching anytime you have a big inning they HAVE to score a run in the next half almost no matter what, usually a bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Ridgepipe44 View Post
      Ive noticed many times now that when Im on the wrong side of a blow-out, ie 6-0 down at the top of the 9th, when I fast forward sim to the end of the game it often goes in my favour. In the game I mentioned above, my team put on a bull**** 8 runs in the 9th to win it.

It feels like the winner is pre-determined prior to the game being played.

Maybe the computer works out what team is most likely to win prior to the game beginning, as opposed to the current game state, and tries to adjust accordingly to represent the most probable outcome.
      They have VIGOROUSLY denied any type of comeback code for many years. It makes me mad when it happens, but I don't think anything is pre-determined.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

They have VIGOROUSLY denied any type of comeback code for many years. It makes me mad when it happens, but I don't think anything is pre-determined.
        They can deny that crap all they want. Ramone let it slip by telling us they can physically SCRIPT things like when trying to bunt against the shift the game will redirect the bunt to the 1B. This is proof comeback and forced slump logic is a real thing. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

They can deny that crap all they want. Ramone let it slip by telling us they can physically SCRIPT things like when trying to bunt against the shift the game will redirect the bunt to the 1B. This is proof comeback and forced slump logic is a real thing. Plain and simple.

I agree they like to tell small fibs, I think in some areas there is and in others there isnt so the truth can be distrorted.

Comment

Yes, they can program specific things. The ones being referenced here about comebacks, though, why in the world would they do that?

Live, organic game; scripted comebacks...which would you make if you are a programmer here.

Plus, it's baseball...

Bill Buckner- '86
            Don Denkinger- '85
            Fred Merkle- (19)'08
            Sal Maglie- '51
            Ozzie Smith- '85
            Tom Glavine- '99
            The Black Cat- '69
            The '54 Giants- '54
            Mickey Owen- '41
            (Poor) Steve Bartman- 2003

...a tiny fraction of the unbelievable comebacks that litter the history of baseball, and most of these are huge, post-season moments, not to mention the billions of things during the regular season. It is baseball, you have never lost until the last out is made.

If there are any names there you don't know the story for, look them up. Pretty astounding stuff, and this really is a minuscule amount of what has happened in 116 years of baseball.

What they've done is created something that can recreate the magic of baseball, which makes that magic like no other sport in existence.
            Last edited by Sunjah; 03-14-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

Yes, they can program specific things. The ones being referenced here about comebacks, though, why in the world would they do that?

Live, organic game; scripted comebacks...which would you make if you are a programmer here.

Plus, it's baseball...

Bill Buckner- '86
              Don Denkinger- '85
              Fred Merkle- (19)'08
              Sal Maglie- '51
              Ozzie Smith- '85
              Tom Glavine- '99
              The Black Cat- '69
              The '54 Giants- '54
              Mickey Owen- '41
              (Poor) Steve Bartman- 2003

...a tiny fraction of the unbelievable comebacks that litter the history of baseball, and most of these are huge, post-season moments, not to mention the billions of things during the regular season. It is baseball, you have never lost until the last out is made.

If there are any names there you don't know the story for, look them up. Pretty astounding stuff, and this really is a minuscule amount of what has happened in 116 years of baseball.

What they've done is created something that can recreate the magic of baseball, which makes that magic like no other sport in existence.
              Sorry man. Just don't buy it. I know they want this to be a sim. Don't get me wrong it's an awesome baseball game to play. But in the the...ITS A VIDEO GAME. This means (well should) that when I have GOOD time and CORRECT pci placement 100% of the time this happens the ball should be roasted. Not necessarily always for a homerun or triple or even a hit. But it should NEVER result in a totally RANDOM groundball or pop up.

When I've won EIGHT games in a row vs the same 3 friends whom I play all year, THE VERY NEXT GAME and for several after that all the sudden I can't make SOLID contact once in 3-4 games, I can't hit my location pitching once in 3-4 games and my fielders (whom the only control I have is putting them in the right spot to make the out) can't make the most routine of plays! Now...if ONE of these things were to happen for a game or two...ok that's baseball but for all 3 to be working the way I'm telling them to...then snap, I'm still playing the same way, and NONE of them are working, then after 10 games of this crap and snap again it's working again...no that's not random baseball stuff happening bro lol. It's happened to them in my favor and to me in their favor and to pretty much everyone else who plays this game religiously and it is NOT BASEBALL lol. I'm not mad at you or anyone who doesn't believe in it I'm just mad it happens and they won't acknowledge it's a problem.

Comment

I've had pitchers dominate games fall apart when my team commits an error. I find it hard to believe an error versus a couple solid base hints would cause my pitcher to unravel. He usually gets battered until the score is tied (it could be 3 runs or 5 runs) then strikes out everyone needed to end the inning.

Comment

https://youtu.be/r4nyaqyQhPc

Because it would never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                    https://youtu.be/r4nyaqyQhPc

Because it would never happen.
                    What are you getting at? That real MLB player bunt vs shift? Nothing new there. I'm lost at your point good sir.

Comment

He said the game is programmed to not allow bunts versus the shift. I never tried with Adrian Gonzalez but take him at his word. I was showing if the game is in fact programmed to stop this then they should stop because it happens.

What are you getting at? That real MLB player bunt vs shift? Nothing new there. I'm lost at your point good sir.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                        He said the game is programmed to not allow bunts versus the shift. I never tried with Adrian Gonzalez but take him at his word. I was showing if the game is in fact programmed to stop this then they should stop because it happens.
                        Yea the new game is scripted to not allow bunts vs shift. That's my whole point. If they can program this then what's to say they can't put a comeback logic or whatever you want to call it that says once you get up on an opponent so much it just shuts you down to make things fair? I'm not saying anything in the game is there to this extent but it definately FEELS like something besides SOLELY MY input has say in the outcome lol

Comment

I agree. Sports in general have momentum. The game can have it too just don't deny it. Also, make it come up at an appropriate time not just when you deem it appropriate because of say a bad running decision or fielding error.

Yea the new game is scripted to not allow bunts vs shift. That's my whole point. If they can program this then what's to say they can't put a comeback logic or whatever you want to call it that says once you get up on an opponent so much it just shuts you down to make things fair? I'm not saying anything in the game is there to this extent but it definately FEELS like something besides SOLELY MY input has say in the outcome lol

Comment

My SP tend to get lit up in the 5th and 6th innings. Especially on Legend mode. Second time to the lineup seems to turn up the juice when facing the CPU. I could have perfect placement with my pitch and it gets crushed.

Comment

You do realize that Rizzo did that in Game 5 of the NLCS game tied 2-2 in the top of the 7th to get on base... people play like this in the show all game long no matter who the batter is. I actually played someone yesterday http://theshownation.com/boxscore/84109404 and was amazed at how well I played the bunt but as I've come to learn from playing DD these last two years the reason was because he wasn't bunting into the "Bermuda Triangle" like most bunt cheeszers do.

Comment

Working...
                              X