Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So disappointed the Spring Training jerseys aren't in, but (horrid) new BP ones are

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So disappointed the Spring Training jerseys aren't in, but (horrid) new BP ones are

For over a year I have just been hoping, pleading, begging and praying that the new Spring Training jerseys would be in the game. I thought for sure they would, as the "warmup" jersey slot.

Instead, they have those horrendous and attrocious new BP jerseys. For almost (maybe more) 10 years now MLB has had these really stupid looking bp jerseys, constantly changing, and often just dumb (come on, arm-pits as different colors...that is just stupid). I wish they just had a colored jersey, simple design, for each team as a BP jersey. BAMN! Spring Training jerseys offer just that.

The way it was talked about last year, sounded like they would be put in as the new "warmups". They are perfect, for the most part.

I wish they paid as much attention to Jerseys (what I think MOST care about) instead of shadows. They could turn shadows off and I'd be happy, but jerseys just don't seem to matter very much to them, or at least not nearly as highly rated as shadows.

4 pm shadows are a PAIN, no one wants them in real life, they are a by-product of the sun (the big thing that gives us almost all the energy we have) and an outdoor sport. I don't care about shadows in game, I DO care about jerseys. Honestly, I think way more players care about jerseys than shadows as well. (not saying the things done aren't a significant accomplishment, I just don't think most people care about shadows the way they do about jerseys).

By the way, did you know, you could have every team with the city name across the chest as a visitor (as it should be) except for The Cardinals. You can have St. Louis, but only as a cream colored HOME alternate. Doesn't make sense. Everyone else, by some form or fashion, can have a road uni with the city name. Drives me nuts!

Amen. They would be your....ready for it....uniforms used when playing spring training.

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post
    For over a year I have just been hoping, pleading, begging and praying that the new Spring Training jerseys would be in the game. I thought for sure they would, as the "warmup" jersey slot.

Instead, they have those horrendous and attrocious new BP jerseys. For almost (maybe more) 10 years now MLB has had these really stupid looking bp jerseys, constantly changing, and often just dumb (come on, arm-pits as different colors...that is just stupid). I wish they just had a colored jersey, simple design, for each team as a BP jersey. BAMN! Spring Training jerseys offer just that.

The way it was talked about last year, sounded like they would be put in as the new "warmups". They are perfect, for the most part.

I wish they paid as much attention to Jerseys (what I think MOST care about) instead of shadows. They could turn shadows off and I'd be happy, but jerseys just don't seem to matter very much to them, or at least not nearly as highly rated as shadows.

4 pm shadows are a PAIN, no one wants them in real life, they are a by-product of the sun (the big thing that gives us almost all the energy we have) and an outdoor sport. I don't care about shadows in game, I DO care about jerseys. Honestly, I think way more players care about jerseys than shadows as well. (not saying the things done aren't a significant accomplishment, I just don't think most people care about shadows the way they do about jerseys).

By the way, did you know, you could have every team with the city name across the chest as a visitor (as it should be) except for The Cardinals. You can have St. Louis, but only as a cream colored HOME alternate. Doesn't make sense. Everyone else, by some form or fashion, can have a road uni with the city name. Drives me nuts!

Comment

Doesn't seem to be an area of improvement

Comment

Um, that's because the Cardinals don't have a "traditional" road jersey in the rotation. It has nothing to do with the game. It's not like devs left it out or something to that effect. The Angels don't have Los Angeles or Anaheim on any of their jerseys and the Phillies don't have Philadelphia, so the Cards aren't alone.

The Marlins also have Miami on every jersey except for the orange alt, and the Dodgers used to like the Cardinals in that they only had a road jersey with the team name on it.

The unis are a HUGE upgrade this season, as they've said every uniform in the MLB style guide is -- finally -- going to be in the game.
        Last edited by joshclaywell; 03-15-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

You are correct about the teams not all having "city name" jerseys. However, they should have spring training jerseys and hats over batting practice jerseys and hats.

The Dodgers should wear the one with the D in spring training games not the grey billed one.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fubar2k7; 03-15-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joshclaywell View Post

Um, that's because the Cardinals don't have a "traditional" road jersey in the rotation. It has nothing to do with the game. It's not like devs left it out or something to that effect. The Angels don't have Los Angeles or Anaheim on any of their jerseys and the Phillies don't have Philadelphia, so the Cards aren't alone.

The Marlins also have Miami on every jersey except for the orange alt, and the Dodgers used to like the Cardinals in that they only had a road jersey with the team name on it.

The unis are a HUGE upgrade this season, as they've said every uniform in the MLB style guide is -- finally -- going to be in the game.
            Um, that's why I said some form or fashion. LOOK in the game, the road throwback old has "Los Angeles" on it for the Angels. They played in LA for their first few years.

The Phillies have the wonderful road blue jerseys with a P on the chest, aka, Philadelphia. I wasn't talking real life, I said in-game, as I said, you know, when I said "in the game."

Every team can have some form of uniform that represents their home city, EXCEPT St. Louis. A few years ago, they had the St. Louis Throwback old as a Browns jersey that said simply St. Louis. That was the one I used. Why they took it out, I don't understand.

There are some uniforms that are new, but a "HUGE" upgrade...not even close, most are the same with a few minor changes and additions.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
              Amen. They would be your....ready for it....uniforms used when playing spring training.
              HA! Good, and very valid, point! There really isn't any type of warmup in game for the regular season, so the really appropriate place to use them is in Spring Training. It makes so much more sense to have had the new ST ones in there.

I want all my teams to have a road jersey with a city name (or initial for it) on it. There are only a few that don't have it naturally, but as I said earlier, the Angels can use the LA version from their first years, Tampa can use the old ones, the Marlins can use the old Florida (my choice) or the new Miami, Philly can use the 70's blue throwback with a "P" on it, and of course, then we have St. Louis. There is no road uniform for them to use, except ones that say Cardinals. I have no choice, so I use the cream "St. Louis" they have as their road jerseys. It would be SOOOOO lovely as a gray road uniform, I still do not understand why St. Louis would have their city name on a home jersey. No one else does that. It should be road (and I've seen created versions of it with "St. Louis" emblem on gray, it is tremendous).

Only St. Louis...ahhh

...and if they had the new Spring Jerseys, at least Det., St.L., NYY and LAD would now have full colored jerseys (not the split colored ones in the game now). Unbelievably, it appears that LAD WILL have a new blue Alternate as a home jersey. It has never been used (the one in the new game), and as far as I've heard, there are no plans to use it in real life. I just love that it will be in the game.

Now, if I could just get a colored jersey for DET, StL and NYY, and a road jersey for St. Louis that says St. Louis, it would be everything I need. I still cannot believe that wonderful road Browns jersey was taken out about 4 years ago. It was PERFECT!

C'est la vie...

Comment

THIS is what the St. Louis (road) jersey should look like. Isn't that red one a beauty as well?!?

Another version with another VERY usable alt red jersey...I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!

Last edited by Sunjah; 03-18-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I'm not interested in ST or BP jerseys....I play very few ST games anyway (especially compared to season), and even if I played every ST game, I wouldn't care what they looked like. For me, ST is merely for looking at some potential backups to fill in your last couple vacant roster slots that aren't locked down, and maybe getting a feel for a few other guys that will get the call up after the first injury or two. Otherwise, ST is kinda boring...

I just care what the regular season uniforms look like!! Just my two cents.

If I were to recommend a uniform change/addition, I'd REALLY like to see World Series patches on the hats and shoulders once the final two teams actually make it that far. I'd LOVE that addition. To me, far more important than any accuracy for ST uniforms (I think they're pretty boring looking in real life every year as well, compared to season uniforms).

Comment

Um, okay, yeah, good post!

Comment

They can't even put the Memorial Day/Forth of July special hats in the game or allow team jerseys for All-Star games due to memory. Heck they can't take the All-Star game patch of the 2016 team for 2017, 2018, 2019 etc etc. What makes you even think this is possible?

The batting practice jersey and hat is actually present in the game. Replacing that with a more appropriate jersey and hat should be a breeze. It isn't like they have batting practice before the games but they have spring training.

Originally posted by foxyloxy00 View Post
                      I'm not interested in ST or BP jerseys....I play very few ST games anyway (especially compared to season), and even if I played every ST game, I wouldn't care what they looked like. For me, ST is merely for looking at some potential backups to fill in your last couple vacant roster slots that aren't locked down, and maybe getting a feel for a few other guys that will get the call up after the first injury or two. Otherwise, ST is kinda boring...

I just care what the regular season uniforms look like!! Just my two cents.

If I were to recommend a uniform change/addition, I'd REALLY like to see World Series patches on the hats and shoulders once the final two teams actually make it that far. I'd LOVE that addition. To me, far more important than any accuracy for ST uniforms (I think they're pretty boring looking in real life every year as well, compared to season uniforms).

Comment

They can't put the spring training jerseys in because they come out way to late for them to put in. They have said this a few times now.

Comment

Originally posted by dibuono17 View Post
                          They can't put the spring training jerseys in because they come out way to late for them to put in. They have said this a few times now.
                          That's not completely true. When they came out last year, they said there was no way it could make it into "this" cycle (for MLB 16). Up until last spring, the bp and spring jerseys were mostly the same for all teams. They had a whole year to make the current Spring ones, and the ones used now are almost identical to the ones from last year. They could easily have done it, and insinuated that that was their plan. Then we get horrid new bp jerseys, very stupid looking and will never be used in any games I play. If they had time to do the new bp, they had enough time to do Spring jerseys from LAST year.

If MLB just simply made the Style Guide current, and let us see it, that would solve so much. (Or) They could always get rid of that "it has to be in the style guide" provision of the game...always thought that was extremely odd, anyway.
                          Last edited by Sunjah; 03-16-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

That's not completely true. When they came out last year, they said there was no way it could make it into "this" cycle (for MLB 16). Up until last spring, the bp and spring jerseys were mostly the same for all teams. They had a whole year to make the current Spring ones, and the ones used now are almost identical to the ones from last year. They could easily have done it, and insinuated that that was their plan. Then we get horrid new bp jerseys, very stupid looking and will never be used in any games I play. If they had time to do the new bp, they had enough time to do Spring jerseys from LAST year.

If MLB just simply made the Style Guide current, and let us see it, that would solve so much. (Or) They could always get rid of that "it has to be in the style guide" provision of the game...always thought that was extremely odd, anyway.
                            I said that they come out too late because the devs actually said that in there streams that they do that they come out way to late for them to put them in. They don't know during the year what teams will have new jerseys or not until MLB actually releases them and when they do its not till the end of January.
                            Last edited by dibuono17; 03-17-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Um are playing with spring training jerseys during the regular season?

Comment

Working...
                              X