Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So disappointed the Spring Training jerseys aren't in, but (horrid) new BP ones are

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibuono17 View Post

I said that they come out too late because the devs actually said that in there streams that they do that they come out way to late for them to put them in. They don't know during the year what teams will have new jerseys or not until MLB actually releases them and when they do its not till the end of January.
    Cyclical conversation here, I already said to put in the jerseys from Jan. 2016 (which are virtually the same as 2017) instead of horrid ST jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by DaHaTeR81 View Post
      Um are playing with spring training jerseys during the regular season?
      Seems to be a lot of repeating here; there are 4 teams that have no color alternative, NYY, DET, StL and LAD. The new ST jerseys would've given a colored top option to each and every team that didn't have one already. So for those 4 teams, yes, it would have been possible to use a "warmup" jersey for a reg. season game to give them a colored jersey. Instead, they put in the new horrible bp jerseys that will never be used at all. Waste of 30 (or 60) slots.

They are never labeled as Spring or Batting Practice, simply "warmup", and now that MLB has gone to two different sets for Spring and pre-game Batting Practice, they should've put the Spring ones in there (the ones from 2016, just went over that), so when you are playing ST in the game, the only time you would use those jerseys, theoretically, you would have the right ones.

Plus, the new Spring jerseys are incredibly awesome. No two-tier split color bologna, just beautiful, colored jerseys for everyone. Instead, they went for the new BP jerseys, which might be the worst MLB has done in a long time.

Great new Spring = Nope
      Horrid new BP = Yup

Sometimes, I just wish I could be sitting in on the meetings where these things happen just to see how a decision like that actually came about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

Seems to be a lot of repeating here; there are 4 teams that have no color alternative, NYY, DET, StL and LAD. The new ST jerseys would've given a colored top option to each and every team that didn't have one already. So for those 4 teams, yes, it would have been possible to use a "warmup" jersey for a reg. season game to give them a colored jersey. Instead, they put in the new horrible bp jerseys that will never be used at all. Waste of 30 (or 60) slots.

They are never labeled as Spring or Batting Practice, simply "warmup", and now that MLB has gone to two different sets for Spring and pre-game Batting Practice, they should've put the Spring ones in there (the ones from 2016, just went over that), so when you are playing ST in the game, the only time you would use those jerseys, theoretically, you would have the right ones.

Plus, the new Spring jerseys are incredibly awesome. No two-tier split color bologna, just beautiful, colored jerseys for everyone. Instead, they went for the new BP jerseys, which might be the worst MLB has done in a long time.

Great new Spring = Nope
        Horrid new BP = Yup

Sometimes, I just wish I could be sitting in on the meetings where these things happen just to see how a decision like that actually came about.

i think the point you're missing is that nobody cares about this.

Comment

Than why are YOU posting. My goodness, maybe you don't care, others might. There is no rule that says you have to post on a thread that you have NO interest in. Is the skull really that thick?

Comment

I prefer spring training jerseys and hats over batting practice jerseys and hats.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
              I prefer spring training jerseys and hats over batting practice jerseys and hats.
              I'm there with you, brother!

Comment

THIS is what the St. Louis (road) jersey should look like. Isn't that red one a beauty as well?!?

Another version with another VERY usable alt red jersey...I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!

I love both of these concepts, but I think I'd rather see in the interlocking STL logo than anything else on the red jersey -- or maybe bird on the bat logo they use on the alternate cap.

Comment

Some of us do, grasshopper. It's helping make the game even more authentic, IMO.

Comment

Um, that's why I said some form or fashion. LOOK in the game, the road throwback old has "Los Angeles" on it for the Angels. They played in LA for their first few years.

The Phillies have the wonderful road blue jerseys with a P on the chest, aka, Philadelphia. I wasn't talking real life, I said in-game, as I said, you know, when I said "in the game."

Every team can have some form of uniform that represents their home city, EXCEPT St. Louis. A few years ago, they had the St. Louis Throwback old as a Browns jersey that said simply St. Louis. That was the one I used. Why they took it out, I don't understand.

There are some uniforms that are new, but a "HUGE" upgrade...not even close, most are the same with a few minor changes and additions.
                    My bad, Sunjah. Just misread your post the first time.

Comment

So I don't want to start 2022 until I get MLB17. In order to stay sharp I decided to actually play spring training. I now totally hate those batting practice jerseys and caps even more than ever. Give me the previous seasons spring training jerseys and caps if needed. Although, I have a feeling the 2017 ones are in the style guide but whatever.

Comment

I would if I could, but unfortunately, I am right there with you in the, "I really hate these," camp...especially because the REAL spring training ones are so gorgeous!

Comment

I made some key moves and didn't want to be away from my franchise for 9 days. I'm playing with them but damn they are ugly.

Comment

Worst one of the bunch is the Braves' two-colored look.

Comment

Originally posted by joshclaywell View Post
                              Worst one of the bunch is the Braves' two-colored look.
                              Yes, but unfortunately there are several of them with that 2-color look. What a waste of a slot.

Comment

Yes, but unfortunately there are several of them with that 2-color look. What a waste of a slot.
                                What other teams have that look? All I can remember is the Braves.

Comment

Working...
                                X