Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Franchise mode Show 16] Do teams adapt to your playing style?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Franchise mode Show 16] Do teams adapt to your playing style?

I'm into May on my 2016 MLB show franchise, and I've been attempting to drag bunt and steal on most plays. My lineup is full of 90+ speed guys, and at first they were sporting ~ .500 batting averages with 30+ steals (with base runner speed at lowest setting). I'm starting to notice that the drag bunts aren't working as well, and players are getting caught stealing more often due to more pitch outs.

Question: Does the AI adapt to your playing style in a realistic way? Or does the AI remain at the same level of intelligence throughout the season, and I'm just imagining a change? I like to think the AI knows that I'm bunting most of the time and therefore changes the shifts or pitches out more often to avoid steals.

If you use Dynamic Difficulty the CPU adjusts according to how you play.

Originally posted by SellerOfDollars View Post
    I'm into May on my 2016 MLB show franchise, and I've been attempting to drag bunt and steal on most plays. My lineup is full of 90+ speed guys, and at first they were sporting ~ .500 batting averages with 30+ steals (with base runner speed at lowest setting). I'm starting to notice that the drag bunts aren't working as well, and players are getting caught stealing more often due to more pitch outs.

Question: Does the AI adapt to your playing style in a realistic way? Or does the AI remain at the same level of intelligence throughout the season, and I'm just imagining a change? I like to think the AI knows that I'm bunting most of the time and therefore changes the shifts or pitches out more often to avoid steals.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
      If you use Dynamic Difficulty the CPU adjusts according to how you play.
      Right, but is that merely an adjustment of difficulty levels, or does the CPU actually adjust their approach? For example, if I bunt every at bat, will the defensive move in more often?

Comment

Originally posted by SellerOfDollars View Post

Right, but is that merely an adjustment of difficulty levels, or does the CPU actually adjust their approach? For example, if I bunt every at bat, will the defensive move in more often?
        Not for bunts but for putching strategy and things like that. They auto shift for bunt depending on the hitter and the situation.

Comment

Working...
        X