Anyone else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else?

Anyone else getting the show fever? Just under 2 weeks. The waiting is killing me

Had it since January. I didnt play much of The Show 16 because last year was a big year for video games (Uncharted 4, Mafia 3, Division, etc) and i couldnt give it my full attention. This years different. Since my Gamestop isnt doing a midnight this year, i already pre ordered the $100 digital version so i can play at exactly midnight.

Comment

The last 2 weeks is always MURDER

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post
        The last 2 weeks is always MURDER
        The last few years have been brutal.

I don't play much outside of sports games, so sitting around and waiting for the Show to drop is like waiting for spring to arrive. I finally traded 16 in last week to put toward 17. Played it a few times just to scratch that itch for baseball, and now I can't wait. Thirteen more days.

Comment

I play MLBTS 365 days a year so I never loose baseball fever.

Comment

Yes pretty excited about it myself.

Comment

I definitely play all year round, one thing that makes the wait more bearable is the year to year saves, I already have started the 17 franchise with the Braves, cant wait til the new ballpark.
              Have 2 RTTS files ready to go with one of them fully fledged at 99 already going into bowmans scout day

Comment

Originally posted by CrashDavis21 View Post
                I definitely play all year round, one thing that makes the wait more bearable is the year to year saves, I already have started the 17 franchise with the Braves, cant wait til the new ballpark.
                Have 2 RTTS files ready to go with one of them fully fledged at 99 already going into bowmans scout day
                I have 4 rtts players ready to go. I started a franchise but stopped. Cause carrying over franchise won't allow new legends as free agents so no griffey son no thanks lol

Comment

That isn't how it works. When you port your RTTS you continue where you left off. You don't start at the showcase with your fully fledged 99 overall player.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                    That isn't how it works. When you port your RTTS you continue where you left off. You don't start at the showcase with your fully fledged 99 overall player.
                    Did it last year, im almost positive it was before the scout days. If it wasnt than it may have been the day I got drafted to a team cant remember, but you can definitely start out at 99. I do like realism as well, I play on higher difficulty resulting in max 60 HR's or so (which is incredible but also not impossible) Just dont care for the grind of the bus leagues for very long.

Comment

YES, big time. I notice that I've been playing more. I usually play one game a day in my All-time Greats Franchise, but lately I've also been playing a few games in a season of Quick-counts with a Nationals Season, set up a new Giants season, and started playing a 29-game season with the Phillies from last year (it's in years 3, I was champion last year).

I got the 1st pick with my new GIANTS season, but I truly think I will not use it and start a new one with the new game. I think the NEW legends need to be in my new season...I liked my team a lot from the draft, but I don't think I can miss out on these new LEGENDS.

I am getting TOTALLY PUMPED...plus, my TB Devil Rays (Negro League Stars) have made it past the Yankees into the ALCS. I beat them in the division 99 W to 98 W, and they won the Wild-Card. I then took them out in 4 games; 5-4 me, 7-6 me, 8-7 them, and 3-2 me, it was an awesome series. I thought Ruth (MVP), Gehrig (Batting Champ), DiMaggio, Mantle and Berra would be too much, but only Gehrig and Berra played well.

I lost the first game vs. the Twins against Walter Johnson, 4-2. Satchel Paige gave up 3 HR's, 2 solo's and 1 2-run HR. Oh well, game 2 tomorrow. I think I'll win, too much speed for me, though the Twins did seem to have the best pitching all season long.

Series should end by this weekend, then WBC Finals, then the next week...MLB The Show starring KEN GRIFFEY (and me!).

I really am pumped and love that you started this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                        I play MLBTS 365 days a year so I never loose baseball fever.
                        I hear you...I might take a day or two off here or there, but it is minimum of 330-340 days a year, and sometimes more than a game a day when I have it fired up.

Comment

...one of them fully fledged at 99 already going into bowmans scout day
                          WHY? I saw some video of a guy hitting his 1,000 HR in a franchise and it was only something like his 12th year. No one in baseball ever hit more than 762 (or 755 if you think the other guy massively cheated), and that was the best of the best and a full career. This guy hits 1,000 in just over a decade.

Why play, why not just crown yourself champion of all-time if you start your career at 99?
                          Last edited by Sunjah; 03-15-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

I have 4 rtts players ready to go. I started a franchise but stopped. Cause carrying over franchise won't allow new legends as free agents so no griffey son no thanks lol
                            Same boat here, brother. Shame was, I was #1 in the overall draft and got Mike Trout.

The new LEGENDS overwhelmed this, though, so I only played 2 games and will not continue. I'll just have to go do another fantasy with all the NEW legends! Playing in the Polo Grounds, so I have to be the Mets or Giants. I cannot wait!

Comment

YES, I cannot wait (I mean, I can, but I am getting TOTALLY [super totally and massively] PUMPED!!!)!

Comment

Working...
                              X