Anyone else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post
    WHY? I saw some video of a guy hitting his 1,000 HR in a franchise and it was only something like his 12th year. No one in baseball ever hit more than 762 (or 755 if you think the other guy massively cheated), and that was the best of the best and a full career. This guy hits 1,000 in just over a decade.
    I saw that video, too, and now I'm disappointed that I did because it gave him another view. It was super boring....does that guy play on the easiest setting?? Because the 1,000th HR was just a straight up, down the middle, BP fastball on the first pitch and he hit it well over 400 ft. I was like, "HUH!??! First pitch homers like that are pretty darn rare when I'm playing!" Very lame. I'd honestly think playing that way would be incredibly boring...no challenge...every single game the same...I mean, like you say, if you hit 1,000 HRs within roughly 12 seasons, then nearly every game of the season would be the same exact results.... That sounds like a snoozefest!!

Anyway, I'm VERY, VERY excited for this year's game. I think they legit added lots and lots of good new features this year, and the graphical changes to the players alone make it worth it--they look about 5 times better. I like to play for the atmosphere as well as the challenge of a baseball game; I always use full broadcast presentation and soak it all in, so I'll be happy the game will look even better this time around--especially with the uniforms all revamped! I'm looking forward to the Braves new park, too--I'm interested to see how it plays! The design looks like a pitcher's park, which is pretty typical of the NL. The dimensions remind me quite a bit of Pittsburgh. Metro Dome will be a fun classic park, too!

Over the past few weeks, I decided to play MLB 16 as a just a GM for the Padres to see if I could build them up because that franchise is just rarely any good, so it sounded like a fun challenge. I should have turned off GM contracts!!!! By year three, I personally thought my roster looked quite good!! Plus, I'd managed to get some awesome trades for big time prospects (Andrew Cashner for Brady Aiken and Justus Sheffield I thought was solid), drafted REALLY well, and even had about $50million saved up to sign a big free agent (even after signing Todd Frazier). But man, the Giants and Dodgers each won 100+ games that season, which put us in a hard spot (I simmed all games for three years, only doing GM stuff). I was fired after year three....

Fortunately, I saved it at Opening Day of each season, so decided to start over year three (2018) and actually play the entire season myself to see if I can save my GM job, lol! I've had a good 4-1 start!! The roster is very fun, so I think I'll carry it over into the new game when it is out.

Let's go 2018 Padres!!! Ha

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
      That isn't how it works. When you port your RTTS you continue where you left off. You don't start at the showcase with your fully fledged 99 overall player.
      I did lol cause I maxed him out before I played s single game👍

Comment

I see now. You didn't start the Bowman Combine. Nice.

Originally posted by cdotcizzle View Post

I did lol cause I maxed him out before I played s single game👍

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
          I see now. You didn't start the Bowman Combine. Nice.
          No I did. It's just as soon as I was done creating my player I maxed him out then went through the normal process. Wanted to see how fast I could get to the show lol

Comment

WHY? I saw some video of a guy hitting his 1,000 HR in a franchise and it was only something like his 12th year. No one in baseball ever hit more than 762 (or 755 if you think the other guy massively cheated), and that was the best of the best and a full career. This guy hits 1,000 in just over a decade.

Why play, why not just crown yourself champion of all-time if you start your career at 99?

Yeah must have been Bobby Crosby bka DodgerFilms, the guy on YouTube that filmed Dodgers games for years before MLB finally put a stop to it which was unfortunate. I had my guy Francis Money hit 100 hrs in his rookie year which is why I stopped playing for a while cause I got to 60 a little too quick. Gonna up the difficulty for season #2 and do some test RTTS's from the beginning in 17 to see what the best difficulty will be as far as starting up a new one.

Comment

Why play, why not just crown yourself champion of all-time if you start your career at 99?

Again if you play at Hall of fame difficulty even at 99 (at least for me) you will still be the best player for the most part but wont have insane numbers, If I were to set every record it would take most likely till age 36ish and at that point id retire. Its all about how many rings

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

Yeah must have been Bobby Crosby bka DodgerFilms, the guy on YouTube that filmed Dodgers games for years before MLB finally put a stop to it which was unfortunate. I had my guy Francis Money hit 100 hrs in his rookie year which is why I stopped playing for a while cause I got to 60 a little too quick. Gonna up the difficulty for season #2 and do some test RTTS's from the beginning in 17 to see what the best difficulty will be as far as starting up a new one.
                Yup, the "DodgerFilms" name is the one I recognize. I just remember thinking, "Why play when it obviously isn't even a challenge?" He did seem to be having fun, though, so to each his own, I guess.

Comment

Yup, the "DodgerFilms" name is the one I recognize. I just remember thinking, "Why play when it obviously isn't even a challenge?" He did seem to be having fun, though, so to each his own, I guess.

yeah I can't knock it but could no longer watch myself. But then I started getting those multi-homer games and was like will definitely up the difficulty at some point to make this more challenging... it was fun to play and hit the homers but putting myself in a viewers shoes I knew I wouldn't enjoy watching it.

Comment

Working...
                  X