Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the new MLB The Show 17 Legends (I don't know...asking)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the new MLB The Show 17 Legends (I don't know...asking)

I have seen a few through some of the streams, but today's mess was so hard to watch.

I know:
    Luis Apparicio
    Willie McCovey
    Ken Griffey, Sr.
    Ken Griffey, Jr.
    Warren Spahn
    (I think I remember that)
    Bruce Sutter

Additions:
    • Jason Giambi.
    • Wade Boggs.
    • Harold Reynolds.
    • Jorge Posada

Oh yeah,
    Eric Karros

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, that is 11, so there must be about 5 more...anyone know any please add to thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one new guy on the streams (he is nice) said about 1/2 were revealed, so obviously I missed a bunch.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a list, or add any you know of...I am just curious.

I also (desperately) wonder why no Ruth, Mays, or my personal favorite, Gehrig. The first two are pretty well considered the top 2 players ever, where are they?
    Last edited by Sunjah; 03-16-2017, 11:48 PM.

Just found Bruce Sutter

Comment

Can't say for Mays but I'd expect licensing an issue for Ruth and Gehrig.

Here's the updated list of the confirmed legends:

Ken Griffey Jr.
      • Warren Spahn.
      • Luis Aparicio.
      • Jason Giambi.
      • Wade Boggs.
      • Harold Reynolds.
      • Jorge Posada.

Comment

Originally posted by CRandom77 View Post
        Can't say for Mays but I'd expect licensing an issue for Ruth and Gehrig...
        Isn't that such a shame that the all-mighty $ and greed prevent us from having so much. Licensing, rights, give us $$$...such a shame. Several years ago, they had a Legends team, actually, I think they had 2, and they had Walter Johnson, Ruth, so many of the greats. Now it is about $$$ and people trying to milk SDS for anything they can...same with classic stadiums, such a shame.

Comment

I agree but at the same time it can't be blamed. It's the way things are nowadays and to not take free money when you do have legal rights to it is foolish.

Comment

After what happened with NCAA football and the clowns who couldn't make the NFL you shouldn't be surprised.

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

Isn't that such a shame that the all-mighty $ and greed prevent us from having so much. Licensing, rights, give us $$$...such a shame. Several years ago, they had a Legends team, actually, I think they had 2, and they had Walter Johnson, Ruth, so many of the greats. Now it is about $$$ and people trying to milk SDS for anything they can...same with classic stadiums, such a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by CRandom77 View Post
              I agree but at the same time it can't be blamed. It's the way things are nowadays and to not take free money when you do have legal rights to it is foolish.
              Is it though, or does it simply perpetuate the problem?

I honestly would like to take a survey of all those guys who ended up (whether it was meant or not) destroying NCAA Football and see if they feel good about it. In real life, I only like pro sports, but I enjoyed that game a lot because of all the different teams and the structure. I wonder how many of them would go back and NOT be part of that lawsuit if they knew it would end up destroying a game series that was extremely beloved by so many. Mine is baseball, and The Show, but I know there are thousands or hundred of thousands of NCAA Football fans that have been devastated for years because of the selfishness and small payout (in the long-term) that those players got.

It's kind of like Hulk getting $140,000,000 in a lawsuit he asked for $120,000,000 in. The guy has lived life as a super rich rock star for a LONG TIME, and he gets 140,000,000 for something that is just simply ridiculous. No one permanently disfigured him...it was almost like he got such a huge amount BECAUSE he is already a superstar.

The more people give in to greed, the more control it has on society. Skip Carey said about A-Rod's contract, "It's not his fault. He should take it. He would be stupid not to." WRONG! If you know that what you are doing could jeopardize something beloved by so many, simply for your own greed, show some honor and refuse...do the right thing and show that money DOES NOT have to be THE deciding factor in everything, especially when it would negatively impact the lived of others.

If Baseball had another World Series cancelled because of that stupid contract, I would've flipped.

Comment

that's it for the reveals they said we are going to have to wait until the game comes out for us to see the other legends I hope jeter, piazza, galvine, and Pedro Martinez are in it idk why they keep going after these ok to good players from the 80s and 90s but not the legends from that era instead they add ok players but they should balance that out better I mean they announced Harold Reynolds before Derek Jeter that's crazy

Comment

Originally posted by STI1489 View Post
                  that's it for the reveals they said we are going to have to wait until the game comes out for us to see the other legends I hope jeter, piazza, galvine, and Pedro Martinez are in it idk why they keep going after these ok to good players from the 80s and 90s but not the legends from that era instead they add ok players but they should balance that out better I mean they announced Harold Reynolds before Derek Jeter that's crazy
                  ...But my list is incomplete, that is what I am asking, does anyone know the 4 or 5 missed on my list.

Comment

CATCH ME ON TWITCH.TV (live or archived) DOING MLB THE SHOW FRANCHISE at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

Comment

CATCH ME ON TWITCH.TV (live or archived) DOING MLB THE SHOW FRANCHISE at www.twitch.tv/Amish_guy_in_mn

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

My opinion is if you are or were in major league baseball, MLB has the right to allow someone to put you in a video game. They signed up to play in baseball for a living. They gave the right to say no. They are apart of the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by DemolitionD View Post
                            My opinion is if you are or were in major league baseball, MLB has the right to allow someone to put you in a video game. They signed up to play in baseball for a living. They gave the right to say no. They are apart of the brand.
                            I agree, but the "rich get richer" mentality of our society doesn't view it that way. I think whomever said it, that Ruth, Mays, Mantle and several others are not in there because of copyrights and $$ was correct. Shame, as I think your view nails it perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                            X