Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It looks like Jose Fernandez would have gone to jail for a long time....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like Jose Fernandez would have gone to jail for a long time....

if he had survived. "Would have resulted in boating under the influence-manslaughter, vessel homicide and five other charges had he survived."
    Does anyone know what the details are about Yordano Ventura's death?

Last I heard they werent releasing any details about ventura but i mean c'mon writings on the wall just like this was, the second my buddy told me about it I asked what time did it happen when he said early in the morning around 3 I knew it right away. I love how Marlins brass is trying to claim it wont tarnish his image lol riiiiight

Comment

it shouldn't tarnish his image, young player who has always been about the city of Miami. He made an epic mistake, and paid the ultimate price for it. That should be enough.
      Last edited by DaHaTeR81; 03-18-2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaHaTeR81 View Post
        it shouldn't tarnish his image, you player who has always been about the city of Miami. He made an epic mistake, and paid the ultimate price for it. That should be enough.
        His friends paid the ultimate price too. But anyway, it's sad all around. The guy probably would have become a legend and I'm sure he was a good guy. Just made a terrible mistake, yep.

Comment

Originally posted by CrashDavis21 View Post
          Last I heard they werent releasing any details about ventura but i mean c'mon writings on the wall just like this was, the second my buddy told me about it I asked what time did it happen when he said early in the morning around 3 I knew it right away. I love how Marlins brass is trying to claim it wont tarnish his image lol riiiiight
          At least no one else was in Ventura's car.

Comment

He was the "probable" operator of the boat. That doesn't mean he was the actual operator of the boat. The truth is does it really matter. None of them should've been out there unless one of them was clean and sober and none of them were without substances in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
              At least no one else was in Ventura's car.

Wasnt his gf? or am I just thinking of the cardinals player?

Also Jose's image is tarnished, it just is. Theres those close to him who will claim otherwise but in reality its just beyond stupid and even if people dont come out and say it like I am theyre thinking it, you can bet on that.
              It sucks, its sad but it just is what it is colossal moronic behaviour, just imagine if you child was a passenger, or somehow randomly in another boat that collided. Not saying jose was a bad person, but just stupid. As for those who will come out and say "everyone does stupid things when theyre young" yes however intoxication while driving anything motorized, risking lives? No

Comment

Originally posted by CrashDavis21 View Post

Wasnt his gf? or am I just thinking of the cardinals player?

Also Jose's image is tarnished, it just is. Theres those close to him who will claim otherwise but in reality its just beyond stupid and even if people dont come out and say it like I am theyre thinking it, you can bet on that.
                It sucks, its sad but it just is what it is colossal moronic behaviour, just imagine if you child was a passenger, or somehow randomly in another boat that collided. Not saying jose was a bad person, but just stupid. As for those who will come out and say "everyone does stupid things when theyre young" yes however intoxication while driving anything motorized, risking lives? No
                You're thinking of Taveras. It's hard to believe it'll be three years this May.

Comment

It is a shame that it happened, especially from a baseball talent sense, but it certainly does "ring" of a situation in which all of them were guilty of using substances and doing something they shouldn't have while under those influences. If he had survived, it sounds like he probably would've been viewed guilty of a dui.

I think (and agree) that everyone was so sad when it first happened, but then to find out they were under the influence makes it seem much more of a negligent situation than a pure accident. Shame...

Comment

I was sad that day and still am about it. He was going to be a father, and that part pisses me off. But he was becoming an icon in Miami, and it wasn't just for what he was doing on the diamond.

Comment

Yes, clearly a sad (and bad) choice what they did. I like the baseball side of him, and I heard he was great in the community. To me, a ballplayer's worth is kind of like Jackie Robinson; people make such a big deal out of what he did for the color barrier (as they should), but for me, the far and away reaching factor was the fact that he was an incredible ball player.

I've heard old timer's (more than one) say the only person they ever saw that had a better chance of being safe then tagged out in a rundown was Jackie Robinson. If you know the sport, I think you might agree that there is not a greater compliment you could give a MLB player.

So for Fernandez, I am truly sorry that such a good baseball talent is gone. Unfortunately, people don't take the danger and seriousness of substances with enough respect. Sounds like that's what happened, they were partying and didn't think anything would really go wrong. Again, real shame it happened.

Comment

never liked threads like this. Speaking in hypothetical... I mean look at it the other way... what if they make it back to land safely... no one would've ever even known any of them were under the influence... it was just one of those times where whatever substance or substances were in his and others system and the decision to go out on the boat was made which turned out to be the wrong decision on that given night for Jose and those that went with him.

Comment

Working...
                        X