Starting lineups for "your team"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting lineups for "your team"

I am a Blue Jays fan and looking forward to the season. If I was managing; below is how I would set my opening day lineup:

1) 2B - Devon Travis (hopefully he is healthy!)
    2) 3B - Josh Donaldson
    3) RF - Jose Bautista
    4) DH - Kendrys Morales
    5) SS - Troy Tulowitzki
    6) C - Russell Martin
    7) 1B - Justin Smoak
    8) LF - Melvin Upton Jr (He was a better player when his name was BJ...)
    9) CF - Kevin Pillar

Bench IF - Darwin Barney
    Bench OF - Ezequiel Carrerra
    Bench IF/OF - Steve Pearce
    Bench C - Jarrod Saltalamachia (Thank god Thole is gone!)

Looking forward to seeing 1B/DH prospect Rowdy Tellez this season. Seeing how I don't have a lot of faith in Smoak to produce there is a good chance Tellez will get a call sooner rather than later.

New York Mets

Provided David Wright cannot go, and it is not looking great, here's what I would do:

Lineup
    1) 3B Reyes
    2) SS Cabrera (depending...or 2B Walker)
    3) 1B Bruce
    4) CF Cespedes
    5) RF Granderson
    6) LF Conforto
    7) 2B Walker (depending...or SS Cabrera)
    8) C D'Arnaud
    9) P Any of the wonderful Staff!!! (It and Cespedes are the bread & butter)

I know, it's a little different, but Conforto should play (a star-in-the-making) and I think Bruce would be great at 1B

Bench (I believe in the 6-man bench)
    C Palwecki
    1B/OF Duda
    IF Flores
    IF Reynolds
    IF Rivera
    OF Lagaras

SP
    De Grom
    Syndergard
    Harvey
    Matz
    Gsielman

RP
    Reed
    Robles
    Blevins
    Edgin
    Salas

CP
    Familia

(...and I believe in the 11-man staff)

Comment

1) Logan Forsythe, 2B
      2) Corey Seager, SS
      3) Justin Turner, 3B
      4) Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
      5) Yasiel Puig, RF
      6) Joc Pederson, CF
      7) Yasmani Grandal, C
      8) Andrew Toles, LF
      9) Pitcher

Comment

Conforto could go to 1B (Keith Hernandez seemed big on that idea last year, but thought it should start in Spring, not a mid-season switch), but I see him as a better OF than Bruce. Just faster and quicker, and I looked it up and Bruce has only ever played 3 games at 1B, but I'd try it. I saw an article saying he would be willing, if needed. Duda strikes out a bit too much, and more than Bruce at his best, I believe.

Comment

The only issue I have is why in the World are your Mets wasting major league innings on Tim Tebow. Why not sign a real baseball player like Angel Pagan? I mean I think during the WBC he wasn't signed.

Comment

The guys a great athlete. Not many have won multiple Heismann trophies. I say give him a year or two, if he gets going, ok, if not, what have you really lost. He will be in the minors, so it won't waste any MLB innings, and Rick Ankeil surprised me to death by coming back as an OF. If he could've hit regularly, he would've been great. Very good defensively and incredible arm. Maybe Tebow will fit a certain spot somewhere, doesn't really hurt to try him.

Comment

Chicago Cubs

1) RF - Ben Zobrist (Love Schwarbers power, but I like having a high contact switch hitter taking over Fowler's spot)
              2) LF - Kyle Schwarber
              3) 3B - Kris Bryant
              4) 1B - Anthony Rizzo
              5) C - Wilson Contreras
              6) 2B - Javier Baez
              7) SS - Addison Russell
              8) CF - Jon Jay
              9) P - Jake Arrieta

Bench
              OF - Jason Heyward
              OF - Albert Almora
              C - Miguel Montero
              OF - Matt Szczur
              IF - Tommy LaStella

Seems weird having only one infielder on the bench, but there so many double switch possibilities with the initial lineup that it really isn't a problem (Thanks Javy and Zobrist)

Comment

I doubt Jason Hayward will sit on the bench while making $28 million.

Comment

I meant he shouldn't be in major league camp. Let him rot in the minors. He serves one purpose, to sell jerseys.

Bruce Lee was an athlete. Wink wink.

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post
                  The guys a great athlete. Not many have won multiple Heismann trophies. I say give him a year or two, if he gets going, ok, if not, what have you really lost. He will be in the minors, so it won't waste any MLB innings, and Rick Ankeil surprised me to death by coming back as an OF. If he could've hit regularly, he would've been great. Very good defensively and incredible arm. Maybe Tebow will fit a certain spot somewhere, doesn't really hurt to try him.

Comment

Originally posted by mgsfan222 View Post
                    ...Seems weird having only one infielder on the bench, but there so many double switch possibilities with the initial lineup that it really isn't a problem (Thanks Javy and Zobrist)

I think the modern "way over ridiculous" 12- or 13-man staff is what causes this, and think it is so bad.

I remember hearing Don Sutton say, "Hey, your best 4 pitchers started, and finished games. The only way you went to the bullpen is if you were pitching badly." I love it when managers head more towards this philosophy. I understand closers, but they should be used as needed, not as a matter of fact.

In the AL, with the DH, you often get a 4-man bench, including the backup catcher, so in reality, it becomes a 3-man bench for all intents-and-purposes. I grew up watching 10-man staffs and 7-man benches.

I honestly don't get the obsession with more pitchers and ridiculously short outings. If I am up by 3, and I have had a Long RP pitching for 2 1/2 innings, it doesn't mean I will AUTOMATICALLY go to "set-up" and then "closer". IF that guy has done well for 2 1/2 innings, why not let him go for the next 2 if he can.

I love the way Maddon interchanges, and many more should do that as managers, great baseball, but I would love it if pitching staffs had 11 or less. It really is just a detriment to late inning strategy to have less than 14 roster players (8 in field and 6 on bench).

I always do 30-team control, and keep record of injuries so that all teams stay at 11-man staffs. I've played many a CPU opponent who got down to very late-inning situations where they were losing, and had a reliever have to hit because there was NO ONE ELSE to bring in. That's when I went to the 11-man staff for everyone.
                    Last edited by Sunjah; 03-21-2017, 03:29 AM.

Comment

SF Giants

1. 3B Nunez
                      2. RF Pence
                      3. 1B Belt
                      4. C Posey
                      5. SS Crawford
                      6. 2B Panik
                      7. LF Parker
                      8. P Bumgarner
                      9. CF Span

I would probably switch out Gillaspie for Parker if Parker couldn't get the bat going in the first 6 innings.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                        I doubt Jason Hayward will sit on the bench while making $28 million.
                        I most certainly agree, but the topic here is "our" starting lineup, not the actual starting lineup. I wasn't the one who decided to sign Heyward to a monster contract. Personally, I would have passed on Heyward in the 15 offseason and opted to resign Fowler instead. The Cubs needed a centerfield, not a right fielder. The intent was to transform Heyward into a centerfieler to replace fowler, but then Fowler returned on a one year deal and it seems the Cubs have decided to leave Heyward in right now that Almora got the call up.

Not to bash Heyward or anything, but he was never a great hitter and I feel that 184 million is vastly overpaying for defense. If he could hit at league average as he has in the past then his spot as a starter has been earned.

Comment

Tigers

2b Kinsler
                          SS Iglesias
                          1B Miggy
                          DH Victor mart
                          RF JD Mart
                          3B Nick castillanos
                          LF Justin Upton
                          C James McCan
                          CF ???? Mathook, Jacoby Jones Tyler Collins, who the heck knows I would like to see how jones does out there he has the most upside

Bench
                          C Alex Avila
                          IF Andrew Romine
                          of the two left over from the CF mess

SP
                          1.Verlander
                          2.Zimmerman
                          3.Fulmer
                          4 Norris
                          5 Boyd

RP
                          Aniabl sanchez
                          Justin Wilson
                          Mark Lowe
                          and 3 others that are going to be really bad.

CP
                          K Rod

Comment

My bad, you're right. I'd start Zobrist over Hayward as well.

Originally posted by mgsfan222 View Post

I most certainly agree, but the topic here is "our" starting lineup, not the actual starting lineup. I wasn't the one who decided to sign Heyward to a monster contract. Personally, I would have passed on Heyward in the 15 offseason and opted to resign Fowler instead. The Cubs needed a centerfield, not a right fielder. The intent was to transform Heyward into a centerfieler to replace fowler, but then Fowler returned on a one year deal and it seems the Cubs have decided to leave Heyward in right now that Almora got the call up.

Not to bash Heyward or anything, but he was never a great hitter and I feel that 184 million is vastly overpaying for defense. If he could hit at league average as he has in the past then his spot as a starter has been earned.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                              1) Logan Forsythe, 2B
                              2) Corey Seager, SS
                              3) Justin Turner, 3B
                              4) Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
                              5) Yasiel Puig, RF
                              6) Joc Pederson, CF
                              7) Yasmani Grandal, C
                              8) Andrew Toles, LF
                              9) Pitcher

I like that lineup. Or you could put Ethier in left filed and bat him behind Gonzalez or Puig if he's healthy this year. Still wish they never traded kemp. 35 home runs and 108 ribis last year. After Gonzalez, their is no real big threat in the lineup.

Comment

Working...
                              X