Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the devs so much more active on Operation Sports than they are on here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the devs so much more active on Operation Sports than they are on here?

I'm always seeing Ramone comment on there as well as other people involved with the game.

Yes that is kind of strange. The devs must be good pals with the guys at OS.

Comment

Operation Sports is the largest group of Internet bullies I have ever encountered. Yet, because they are treated like Rock Stars there, the people from SDS believe them to be this good, informative, helpful and wonderful site. I often wonder if Op Sports has banned more members than they have members, which would mean more people hate them than use them. They are dictatorial, abusive, self-aggrandizing and the moderators there actually fit the definition of an Internet Troll to a tee!

Because OS has interacted well, though, with SDS and everyone who posts there actually treats SDS like mega-famous stars any time they say anything, it goes unnoticed what a truly and horribly bad group of people it is who run that OS thing over there.

Several years ago, I asked this same question when I chose to post here instead. It didn't seem to make sense that MLB The Show's own forum is so neglected, and yet they post on a place that has alienated more people than it serves (I can almost guarantee this). I think it shows a lack of conviction and foresight on SDS's part, as they should cultivate this place and grow this forum to be the true spot for MLB The Show news. Instead, they go to OS all the time and read, and occasionally post.

I think Victor and Lance are the only ones who read here much at all. I do completely agree with you though, you see SDS over there a lot, and here virtually never.

Will never understand that one (especially because the true Op Sports is a group of horrible, infantile men running the thing, complete children who have no one as a parent to oversee them...as I said, biggest group of Internet bullies I've ever dealt with).
      Last edited by Sunjah; 03-17-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Can you tell I don't like that organization?

Comment

All I care is they make sweet roster sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post
            Operation Sports is the largest group of Internet bullies I have ever encountered. Yet, because they are treated like Rock Stars there, the people from SDS believe them to be this good, informative, helpful and wonderful site. I often wonder if Op Sports has banned more members than they have members, which would mean more people hate them than use them. They are dictatorial, abusive, self-aggrandizing and the moderators there actually fit the definition of an Internet Troll to a tee!

Because OS has interacted well, though, with SDS and everyone who posts there actually treats SDS like mega-famous stars any time they say anything, it goes unnoticed what a truly and horribly bad group of people it is who run that OS thing over there.

Several years ago, I asked this same question when I chose to post here instead. It didn't seem to make sense that MLB The Show's own forum is so neglected, and yet they post on a place that has alienated more people than it serves (I can almost guarantee this). I think it shows a lack of conviction and foresight on SDS's part, as they should cultivate this place and grow this forum to be the true spot for MLB The Show news. Instead, they go to OS all the time and read, and occasionally post.

I think Victor and Lance are the only ones who read here much at all. I do completely agree with you though, you see SDS over there a lot, and here virtually never.

Will never understand that one (especially because the true Op Sports is a group of horrible, infantile men running the thing, complete children who have no one as a parent to oversee them...as I said, biggest group of Internet bullies I've ever dealt with).
            I don't always like a rant post

But when I do, it is probably true.
            Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

I haven't experienced any of that so far. What were they bullying you about?

Comment

If you say something and they perceive it in a different way, they ban you. If you directly disagree with moderator or question a moderator, they ban you. There is a certain way that you are absolutely allowed to insult and demean others, and often what happens is that as long as people see a moderator come along and either join in or agree, they go to town. Very condescending, it reminds me of the sharks circling if there is blood.

The best example I can give is the audio names. I once started a thread asking if people thought it was better to use "close" names, or simply to have no name audio. The one that I always remember is Stansberry for Strawberry. His name is not, nor will it ever be, Stansberry. It just makes it sound so moronic to have a name called for a player that clearly IS NOT their name. I did the thread because it bugs me and I change every name that is wrong to "none". I thought maybe a lot of people thought this, so if this thread was read by roster makers, maybe they'd realize how stupid people viewed it as and stop putting name that are not the person. It just sounds so dumb.

Anyway, I started this, about 4 people answered, and a mod comes along and says, "You're obviously just trying to insult this roster maker, and putting it like this so it is not a direct insult," and closed the thread. I wrote to him and told him it had nothing to do with insulting anything, it is just something I have to change because calling Torriente "Torre" is crazy. I've never heard a PA announcer literally announce a different name for a player other than their own.

Long story short, he bans me. He misinterprets why I made a thread (I've seen THAT happen a lot to newer posters), so therefore I am wrong and nothing will change that.

They are children who literally troll the forums looking for people to ban. I've seen people banned for literally just voicing an opinion. It goes against their grain (the mods), so they decide it is an insult and ban the person. Then, they refuse to take the ban away ever. Once you're banned, that's it, no matter the legitimacy.

I hope and pray that the DDoS service stuff happens to them sometime.

The unfortunate thing is, they often get information first. The SDS guys send them stuff thinking they are so nice, when in reality they are pure bullies.

I've made several friends over there, as some of their posters are actually great guys. Those are the ones who do the rosters, for the most part. It is just a shame that the organization that runs as a "hub" to these rosters and SDS information is such a horrid thing. I honestly think OP Sports is the worst Internet organization I've EVER dealt with (clearly the most infantile attitude I've encountered, and they show this off daily...just read some threads and see how many people are banned for basically nothing).
                Last edited by Sunjah; 03-18-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I didn't know that SDS was on there frequently because I will not go back there. I felt as though I was walking on eggshells and got the point where I would rather not support their site any further. I donated, received gifts and was pretty active back in the day of my Madden leagues. My admin was banned on several occasions for no wrong doing. I agree with Sunjah and don't think he is just being bitter.
                  Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Operation Sports has been around longer than The Show Forums... I definitely agree that it would benefit SDS and The Show to make these forums the primary place to be when discussing The Show but you can't ignore the Reddits and other forums that gamers frequent. I actually like OS but haven't posted there consistently in some years... last post was probably an RTTS or Franchise from my PS3 days. They also make arguably the best rosters for The Show and I download them every year upon release. But like I said beyond Steve and Millennium I don't know anyone else over there atleast in terms of who I follow on Twitter or see elsewhere on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post
                      Operation Sports has been around longer than The Show Forums... I definitely agree that it would benefit SDS and The Show to make these forums the primary place to be when discussing The Show but you can't ignore the Reddits and other forums that gamers frequent. I actually like OS but haven't posted there consistently in some years... last post was probably an RTTS or Franchise from my PS3 days. They also make arguably the best rosters for The Show and I download them every year upon release. But like I said beyond Steve and Millennium I don't know anyone else over there atleast in terms of who I follow on Twitter or see elsewhere on the internet
                      Just me personally, I think that is what really bugs me; they don't make the rosters, they are a hub and have gotten all the credit. There are a few involved, but it is a fan community thing, and the rosters often are very good, but OS has taken that credit of creating them (not that they did it on purpose, but it is what happened).

Millennium is a nice guy, but he is the only one actually associated with them that I can say that about.

Comment

We still lurk here, and yes some of us also frequent sites like OpSports and Reddit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_SDS View Post
                          We still lurk here, and yes some of us also frequent sites like OpSports and Reddit as well.
                          Actually, it sounds like you are trying to turn my question into something it isn't. Why do that? Now you're just making it more suspicious. I didn't ask if the devs "lurk" here. I asked why they aren't active on here and don't comment nearly as much. Also, we know you guys frequent other sites too. It's not the point.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
                            I asked why they aren't active on here and don't comment nearly as much.
                            I see your point. I can't recall RUSSELL_05 ever leaving a comment here or acknowledging he even uses the site but see he is there commenting regularly. What gives? Why would you not support your site more vs there's?

Edit: I do not use OS but went back to do some research on this topic to validate his point.

Comment

Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post

I see your point. I can't recall RUSSELL_05 ever leaving a comment here or acknowledging he even uses the site but see he is there commenting regularly. What gives? Why would you not support your site more vs there's?

Edit: I do not use OS but went back to do some research on this topic to validate his point.
                              I'm mostly just curious. Maybe there are too many whiners on this site they don't want to deal with. Or, maybe they just naturally gravitate to other sites for some reason. Adam might as well just have said "I don't want to answer this question" though.

Comment

Working...
                              X