Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the devs so much more active on Operation Sports than they are on here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was banned because I spoke out against some of the stuff going on with some of the mods. Prior to that I was given a blue name because of the stuff I did for the community. I was banned, talked to Steve and Millenium who then made me a moderator (gak!). Moderators have their own forum. When some of them found out I was now a moderator some of them went thru the roof. We actually got into it in the mods forum. I finally had enough as there is definitely some real hatred toward some of the long time members, one in particular who I defended, they were even insulting him, something you don't get away with in the regular forum. I got sick of it and took myself out of a mod position. Shortly after I was banned for good, lol.

As far as this forum....it's hard to get too involved as, in my opinion, there are a few posters who just seem to tear the game apart as much as they can but have very little positive to say, perhaps if they backed off a bit more people would post? Just a thought.

Comment

Because nobody likes a Ghost tc. Honestly I don't feel it's a big deal, the word gets spread anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jim416 View Post
        I was banned because I spoke out against some of the stuff going on with some of the mods. Prior to that I was given a blue name because of the stuff I did for the community. I was banned, talked to Steve and Millenium who then made me a moderator (gak!). Moderators have their own forum. When some of them found out I was now a moderator some of them went thru the roof. We actually got into it in the mods forum. I finally had enough as there is definitely some real hatred toward some of the long time members, one in particular who I defended, they were even insulting him, something you don't get away with in the regular forum. I got sick of it and took myself out of a mod position. Shortly after I was banned for good, lol.

As far as this forum....it's hard to get too involved as, in my opinion, there are a few posters who just seem to tear the game apart as much as they can but have very little positive to say, perhaps if they backed off a bit more people would post? Just a thought.
        I admire you. I honestly think they are the largest group of man-babies I've ever dealt with on the Internet. I did find Millenium to be a nice guy, but after that I thought they were all virtually idiots.

I agree with you about this forum somewhat. I think the biggest thing is, this is the official forum, yet there is reason for someone to start a thread asking why game designers are very active elsewhere and non-existant here.

I think they should stop going to other places for a while, only post here, and watch the people start showing up here. They don't, though, they treat this like they really do not care much about it.

Shame, as this is supposed to be the "official" one for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DethBaphomet View Post

I see your point. I can't recall RUSSELL_05 ever leaving a comment here or acknowledging he even uses the site but see he is there commenting regularly. What gives? Why would you not support your site more vs there's?

Edit: I do not use OS but went back to do some research on this topic to validate his point.
          Russell used to post here, along with several other devs a few years ago. However, TSN has always pretty much been second fiddle to OS - it's been brought up before here, multiple times. But the community here has shrunken, and IMO, has become less constructive than it used to be. Lump that in with the fact that the devs have had a longer relationship with the OS community, and they are more active, and it's not terribly shocking that they visit here less frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by JHardy927 View Post

Russell used to post here, along with several other devs a few years ago. However, TSN has always pretty much been second fiddle to OS - it's been brought up before here, multiple times. But the community here has shrunken, and IMO, has become less constructive than it used to be. Lump that in with the fact that the devs have had a longer relationship with the OS community, and they are more active, and it's not terribly shocking that they visit here less frequently.
            Maybe it has shrunken because they don't post here very much anymore. I mean also, you're just another person on here speculating. It would be nice if one of the devs themselves actually said what the reason is. But oh well.

Comment

...and it's not terribly shocking that they visit here less frequently.
              This is THEIR site. To me, that makes it "terribly shocking" that they treat it as such a lesser thing.

I really believe that if they didn't post anywhere else for a while, people would come here for the information they have, as this would be the source (as it should). The way to make this more productive is for those here to be productive, including them. OS is a bully forum, who lives on the reputation of the wonderful work some of the visitors do. I find that place amazingly unproductive, but as I said, the developers are treated like mega-rock stars, so I don't think they have any clue this behavior is done to most who visit there.

This forum also changed and relaunched this last year or so, and yes, it seems like a lot less people have come here. That is why it would be great to see them build this thing WAY up.

There also isn't that horrid mentality they have over there at OS. Posters are often great guys & gals, but the people who run the place are slime.
              Last edited by Sunjah; 03-21-2017, 03:32 AM.

Comment

It sounds to me like the OS mods are a bunch of guys that peaked in high school, and now they have the slightest amount of power and abuse it. Normally, those kinds of guys become cops or security guards but in this digital age, it seems that they have branched out to internet forums, as well. I've never been to the OS forums. I'm just making a speculation about what I have read here.

Comment

Originally posted by p0pachery14 View Post
                  It sounds to me like the OS mods are a bunch of guys that peaked in high school, and now they have the slightest amount of power and abuse it. Normally, those kinds of guys become cops or security guards but in this digital age, it seems that they have branched out to internet forums, as well. I've never been to the OS forums. I'm just making a speculation about what I have read here.
                  I would definitely agree!

Comment

Sunjah, just a clarification if you don't mind. In post number 21 you said the developers are treated like rock stars on OS. I understood that to mean the mods on OS treat them like rock stars. Is that correct? I used to be on exclusively on this site but found out more interaction with the devs on OS, so spend most of my time there. I haven't spent much time noticing who was banned and for what, but I will start paying more attention. The only mod I'm aware of is Millenium and that is because of his recent video summaries of the day in sports gaming. I have always thought it odd that there is so little interaction with devs on this site. It's akin to having a child, but spending much more time with a neighbors kid. Weird. BTW ... I came back here today because of a link to this discussion on OS!!

Comment

Originally posted by jim416 View Post

JIM! How the heck are you my man? Hope all is well.

Comment

Russell used to post here, along with several other devs a few years ago.
                        Guess how many times he has posted since the new site came about last year? Save you some clicks. NONE.

the devs have had a longer relationship with the OS community
                        You can't build a relationship if you don't invest time into it.

it's not terribly shocking that they visit here less frequently.
                        To me it is. Like I said, I had no clue they even posted there. I honestly just thought this was the spot and they were socially inactive other than Twitter. And why wouldn't I. It's supposed to be THE SHOW NATION, OS is the spin off.

I do not want to have to resort to 3rd party sites with multiple games and platform talk for a game that has something in place entirely for itself. Why even have a TSN if you aren't going to back it up 100%. Investing time elsewhere is taking away from what you are trying to build. Post everything here and force others to flock this way.Really is disheartening and kinda getting under my skin the more I think about it.
                        Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Originally posted by SkyboxerOS View Post

JIM! How the heck are you my man? Hope all is well.

Ha, my old SOTS buddy. I still see my High Heat sounds, "get a new pitcher.....my grandmother hits better than you!" are floating around in those sound packs.

Had a rough 2016, cancer, but seems I've beaten it. Ready for some baseball.

Comment

Awwwww...shucks guys. I didn't know you guys and gals liked me so much.

That being said there are some TALL tales being told here (one big one especially, and he knows who he is), but in an effort to let it be we'll just let bygones be bygones.

Besides - why does it matter where the info is? It's just important that the info is out there. I've seen Adam and Vic both post on Reddit a lot, and some of the devs posting on OS have been there for years.

I don't think it's a here or there thing, guys. It's that communication is happening period.

Comment

Originally posted by MillenniumOS View Post

That being said there are some TALL tales being told here (one big one especially, and he knows who he is), but in an effort to let it be we'll just let bygones be bygones.

Besides - why does it matter where the info is? It's just important that the info is out there. I've seen Adam and Vic both post on Reddit a lot, and some of the devs posting on OS have been there for years.

I don't think it's a here or there thing, guys. It's that communication is happening period.

I'll bite, being as you showed up. Never had a problem with you on OS, appreciated that you made me a mod, really did. You remember a certain member in good standing that some of your mods were going after in the mods forum. I'm not going to mention his name as he was a genuinely good guy, but one mod really had it in for him and it was discussed openly in the mods forum. I took myself out of being a mod, did it on my own, you know that. When I first showed up in the mod forum all heck broke lose. You had mods that used language and attacked members and me that would not have been allowed on the open forum.

I was sure as heck no angel, and did openly question some of the unfairness, that was on me, got me banned. I did send a message to Steve when I was first banned. Did I deserve it? Yeah, I even asked for it, lol. I was reinstated, made a mod. Backed out and got banned again. It's got to be hard to mod a big site like that, understood, but there are a lot of subjective (putting it lightly) moderators.

Your sarcasm when showing up here doesn't change things. I think some of the anger might have to do with how some of the posters there were hands off and could say pretty much what they wanted because of certain status while others got zapped fairly quickly. Sure, bygones will be bygones, but I didn't post to insult you, as I've got no personal beef with you (again appreciated you made me a mod).

I disagree about "here, or there". I also understand that devs have been communicating with OS long before this site was made, but this is advertised by them, not OS, and they might want to get a bit more involved. (true, they do go where they can talk to more people and OS has that).

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by MillenniumOS View Post

This is starting to seem like some kind of conspiracy or something with all the dancing around going on. It made me curious and whether it's "here or there" or not, and whether "at least there is communication" or not, it's still odd. It's still strange that they post seemingly everywhere else other than their actual site. But, I'm gonna drop it. Obviously I'm not going to get a clear answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X