Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I discovered the secret to hitting (Show 16 PS4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I discovered the secret to hitting (Show 16 PS4)

Do you feel anxious, defensive, or frustrated with hitting in The Show? Have you occasionally been to that paradise of satisfaction where the ball feels like the size of a beach ball, only to slip away as you suffer through another week of poor timing?

I've been struggling mightily with hitting. My guys have been hitting roughly .100 points lower than they should be. Puig at .189, Dozier at .177, Kiermaier barely scratching .220... it's happening with every batter, and I know it has nothing to do with my ability to hit. I knew it was just a matter of ditching my anxiety and feeling comfortable.

Actually, it was a matter of something else. What I discovered was one simple trick that I'm about to share with you. But before I do that... just kidding. I'll tell you now.

What I realized is that my defensiveness has been throwing off my timing. Until now, I've perceived the pitcher as my enemy, and he's trying to fool me however possible. This almost always resulted in me approaching at-bats in a stressed, timid manner.

Instead, try perceiving the pitcher as being on your team, as if he's trying to help you hit a home run. Imagine he's always trying to throw BP, tossing the ball to the heart of the plate. Often times, he fails and throws the ball somewhere else. Move on and focus on the next meatball. That's right, imagine every pitch is meant to be a BP meatball to be crushed into the stands. Expect the pitcher to help you, and express mild disappointment when they "fail" to throw a strike. Notice how your timing window greatly expands? Watch your anxiety go away, the sweat from your fingers vanish, and your timing become impeccable.

It's been 5 games, and I've tallied 42 hits compared to 8 in my previous 10 games. I'm smashing gappers, taking more walks, and making solid contact on outs rather than embarrassing myself with swings that get Vasgersian's nauseating jabs going.

Seeing the pitcher as my friend has completely revolutionized hitting for me. I strike out gracefully now. I tip my cap to the pitcher when I swing horribly at a changeup because now I feel like I was legitimately fooled. You know how in tennis they have unforced errors? Those are what drive me nuts in The Show. I hate being "very early" on a fastball. That's just stupid.

This isn't just affecting The Show. I view hitting as a form of meditation - a way for me to relax and train my brain to focus better. It's meant to help relieve stress and keep my mind sharp, but what's the point when all I'm getting is more stress and frustration? Fortunately, all of that is in the past.

I wonder - how would life be different if we viewed other situations as friendly as opposed to combative? When arguing, maybe we should view the other person as our friend instead of someone to prove wrong? When playing sports, maybe it would help to view the opposing team as having our best interests in mind?

Give it a try, and let me know how this approach to hitting works for you.
    Last edited by SellerOfDollars; 03-18-2017, 07:17 AM.

Hitting is hard, dude! It is why you can succeed 1 in 4 times and make millions, and if you succeed 1 in 3 times you make even more millions. I think that is what I like about The Show, it and High Heat Baseball are the two games that I feel portrays (or portrayed) this correctly and accurately.

PITCHERS are NOT my friends, never have been, never will be. There are two types of people in life. Leaders and followers you say? NO, evil pitchers who try to confuse you and trick you, and wonderful hitters who make crowds of 50,000 stand and cheer! I WILL NEVER BE FRIENDS WITH A PITCHER. They are the evil side of life!!! (plus, we hitters get to play about 5x as much...are you kidding me, 5x more baseball, how could anyone chose to be a pitcher!).

Glad for you that you started hitting well, though!!!

Comment

Dude seriously I thought you were about to try and sell something reading all that lol. Yes awww for only three easy installments of $9.99 I'll indeed show you the key to hitting. Order now and we'll throw in this MlbTheShow penis pump absolutely free!! Lolololol

Comment

Lol. Five games is too small of a sample size. Try this "method" at least forty games and see if it still holds up. Unfortunately, I have a feeling you're gonna go back to being frustrated and you won't be seeing the pitcher as your "friend" any longer.

Comment

Yeah right! Let me know when you get better at it. A few games is nothing kid.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post
            Yeah right! Let me know when you get better at it. A few games is nothing kid.
            Just played 3 more games. 6 homers, 24 hits. Loving this! I might lower human contact by one point, but otherwise, the game is so much more fun to play now.
            Last edited by SellerOfDollars; 03-18-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Yeah right! Let me know when you get better at it. A few games is nothing[,] kid.
              Wouldn't you be embarrassed if it turns out he is 38.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post
                Hitting is hard, dude! It is why you can succeed 1 in 4 times and make millions, and if you succeed 1 in 3 times you make even more millions. I think that is what I like about The Show, it and High Heat Baseball are the two games that I feel portrays (or portrayed) this correctly and accurately.

PITCHERS are NOT my friends, never have been, never will be. There are two types of people in life. Leaders and followers you say? NO, evil pitchers who try to confuse you and trick you, and wonderful hitters who make crowds of 50,000 stand and cheer! I WILL NEVER BE FRIENDS WITH A PITCHER. They are the evil side of life!!! (plus, we hitters get to play about 5x as much...are you kidding me, 5x more baseball, how could anyone chose to be a pitcher!).

Glad for you that you started hitting well, though!!!
                Thanks, and yeah I loved High Heat. I'm still looking silly on good changeups, high fastballs, and all of the pitches you'd expect to be fooled by. But I'm no longer stressed out. I love the satisfaction of knowing I'm not making stupid mistakes now.

Case in point, again, no major league batter is very early on a fastball. That's simply not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by SellerOfDollars View Post

Just played 3 more games. 6 homers, 24 hits. Loving this! I might lower human contact by one point, but otherwise, the game is so much more fun to play now.
                  Oh so you're messing with the sliders. Mmmm I guess I didn't read the whole newspaper post you wrote but good luck and have fun.

Comment

Oh so you're messing with the sliders. Mmmm I guess I didn't read the whole newspaper post you wrote but good luck and have fun.
                    I'm using that popular slider set that's on Operation Sports. Forgot the name of it. I boosted pitch speed to max, lowered base running speed to minimum, and boosted human contact by 1. So, like I said, I might lower contact by 1. If I get too good at hitting, I'll have to adjust the sliders more. The goal is to make hitting as realistic as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

Wouldn't you be embarrassed if it turns out he is 38.
                      NO. If he turns out to be 38, still living with mami, single with no children then I will feel sorry for him but not embarrassed. Maybe he will, you should ask him. Anyways he sonds like a fun kid so lets let him have fun. Perhaps a good salesman too, I'll hire him as a salesperson.😁

Comment

I'm using that popular slider set that's on Operation Sports. Forgot the name of it. I boosted pitch speed to max, lowered base running speed to minimum, and boosted human contact by 1. So, like I said, I might lower contact by 1. If I get too good at hitting, I'll have to adjust the sliders more. The goal is to make hitting as realistic as possible.
                        I guess it makes sense. It won't transfer to online play but it is ok agaist the cpu.

Comment

I guess it makes sense. It won't transfer to online play but it is ok agaist the cpu.
                          And anyways, what does my age, where I live, and who I live with have anything to do with anything? I don't appreciate you violating the forum's terms of service like that. Knock it off.

Comment

Might not want to try this method.Eventually you will start getting mad at all your friends saying they are beer budies with the ump

Comment

Thanks, and yeah I loved High Heat. I'm still looking silly on good changeups, high fastballs, and all of the pitches you'd expect to be fooled by. But I'm no longer stressed out. I love the satisfaction of knowing I'm not making stupid mistakes now.

Case in point, again, no major league batter is very early on a fastball. That's simply not realistic.
                              If a player is predicting fastball I can see an early swing on it.Just means the player was geared up for it and got to anxious.

Comment

Working...
                              X