Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone besides me find this annoying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone besides me find this annoying?

In the spirit or the WBC I've made a replica USA team to play head to head with in DD. And I just ran into another team USA but the didn't have all USA players, but instead Dominicans Japanese and whatever else and this is something I've seen all year whether it's a team Dominican, Cuba, Puerto Rico. I think if you're going to make that as your team name I'd want to only use players from that country. I wouldn't even mind if you made a team USA and used Puerto Ricans. Anyway just drives me nuts. Wondering if it does anyone else.

On a side note the other thing that drives me crazy is when someone creates a historic player for their CAP but doesn't create them in their likeness. Example a switch hitting right handed throwing Ken Griffey Jr playing catcher. I just don't get it. If I'm going to do tribute to a player I like I want to do it right.

Yes, it does annoy me that people don't get their created player likeness correct to the player they are trying to emulate. i once made Pete Rose and then a few months later changed it to Omar Visquel. using their correct stances, playing them at their correct positions and using their handedness. I even made my player look like Ben Zobrist in an attempt to get people to throw in the strike zone to my created player (and it did work).

Comment

You lost me. It drives you nuts but you're okay with it.

The WBC is a joke in my opinion. Manny Machado was born in Florida and plays for the Dominican Republic.

Originally posted by tnutz003 View Post
      I think if you're going to make that as your team name I'd want to only use players from that country. I wouldn't even mind if you made a team USA and used Puerto Ricans. Anyway just drives me nuts. Wondering if it does anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post

The WBC is a joke in my opinion. Manny Machado was born in Florida and plays for the Dominican Republic.
        Just saying I would give a pass to Puerto Rican's on someone's made US team since it's a US territory.

Comment

Although I agree with you on the silliness of so many US players playing for Italy, PR, DR, Canada or wherever else, I LOVE the WBC. My only thing is that I wish the elite of elites would come out, like Kershaw, Madison Bumgarner, Trout and many others. I wonder if the US would be 3 time champion already if it really was the best of the best.

I do LOVE that this year they put together a "B+ to A" team, best one they ever fielded and they are now quarter-finalists. If only the top of the top for USA played, but as far as other people playing for other countries, it's silly, but this is GOOD baseball! Still cannot believe that incredible Venezuela team did as badly as they did.

KILL JAPAN (in the, beat them really bad sense, not in any violent way)!

Comment

I'd rather Kershaw and Seager stay put in Arizona where they belong. I'm not pleased Jansen is leaving to play for the Netherlands.

However, if it's the Olympics in August I'm all for taking time off to play for Team USA. But not as a marketing gimmick.

PS- Great pic. The true heart of the 1920s Yankees.

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

Although I agree with you on the silliness of so many US players playing for Italy, PR, DR, Canada or wherever else, I LOVE the WBC. My only thing is that I wish the elite of elites would come out, like Kershaw, Madison Bumgarner, Trout and many others. I wonder if the US would be 3 time champion already if it really was the best of the best.

I do LOVE that this year they put together a "B+ to A" team, best one they ever fielded and they are now quarter-finalists. If only the top of the top for USA played, but as far as other people playing for other countries, it's silly, but this is GOOD baseball! Still cannot believe that incredible Venezuela team did as badly as they did.

KILL JAPAN (in the, beat them really bad sense, not in any violent way)!
            Last edited by fubar2k7; 03-19-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I'd rather Kershaw and Seager stay put in Arizona where they belong. I'm not pleased Jansen is leaving to play for the Netherlands.
              Sorry, but, WRONG! Kershaw should be pitching for USA. Enough of this nonsense, lets take the championship of the sport we invented!

Comment

He's too valuable to blow his arm out throwing real games in March. I don't play fantasy baseball but I wouldn't draft any WBC pitcher.

Sorry, but, WRONG! Kershaw should be pitching for USA. Enough of this nonsense, lets take the championship of the sport we invented!

Comment

Wrong line of thinking! Injuries can happen (and do) anywhere. Spring Training, offseason, using the injury excuse is just nonsense!

Join in the fun. The WORLD Baseball Classic.

Comment

I'm an Olympic baseball fan not a baseball tournament to make baseball owners richer fan.

Comment

The Olympics were the EXACT reason the WBC was created. When MLB refused to shut down the season in order to let stars play in the Olympics, the Olympics elminated baseball from the roster.

So MLB made the WBC a few years later.

Haven't you noticed that baseball isn't in the Olympics anymore? Hasn't been since in the Olympics since 2008.

The World Baseball Classic IS (de facto) Olympic Baseball!!!

Love it for what it is, International Baseball at the highest level.

Comment

Originally posted by tnutz003 View Post
                        In the spirit or the WBC I've made a replica USA team to play head to head with in DD. And I just ran into another team USA but the didn't have all USA players, but instead Dominicans Japanese and whatever else and this is something I've seen all year whether it's a team Dominican, Cuba, Puerto Rico. I think if you're going to make that as your team name I'd want to only use players from that country. I wouldn't even mind if you made a team USA and used Puerto Ricans. Anyway just drives me nuts. Wondering if it does anyone else.

On a side note the other thing that drives me crazy is when someone creates a historic player for their CAP but doesn't create them in their likeness. Example a switch hitting right handed throwing Ken Griffey Jr playing catcher. I just don't get it. If I'm going to do tribute to a player I like I want to do it right.
                        Agreed. That's why I made Mantle, so he can be a stitch hitter. It's strange I haven't seen another Mantle out there.

Comment

Well baseball returns in 2020. They can start spring training 2 weeks early, the season 2 weeks early then take a break in August. I guarantee Mike Trout, Bryce Harper and Clayton Kershaw play if it is the Olympics.

Also, stop letting people play anywhere they please because they have family from other places. Next thing we know Mike Trout will have a Japanese great grandparent and he will play for Japan. They play for the country of their birth and that's it. Then again most all the teams won't have major league players and they (MLB) truly only care to sell jerseys and gear.

The Olympics were the EXACT reason the WBC was created. When MLB refused to shut down the season in order to let stars play in the Olympics, the Olympics elminated baseball from the roster.

So MLB made the WBC a few years later.

Haven't you noticed that baseball isn't in the Olympics anymore? Hasn't been since in the Olympics since 2008.

The World Baseball Classic IS (de facto) Olympic Baseball!!!

Love it for what it is, International Baseball at the highest level.
                          Last edited by fubar2k7; 03-20-2017, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Well baseball returns in 2020. They can start spring training 2 weeks early, the season 2 weeks early then take a break in August. I guarantee Mike Trout, Bryce Harper and Clayton Kershaw play if it is the Olympics.

Also, stop letting people play anywhere they please because they have family from other places. Next thing we know Mike Trout will have a Japanese great grandparent and he will play for Japan. They play for the country of their birth and that's it. Then again most all the teams won't have major league players and they (MLB) truly only care to sell jerseys and gear.
                            That I have to disagree with. If you watch it, those teams with real players (USA, PR, DR, Japan, a few others), they are playing with an intensity you don't see except in October baseball. Somehow, this is even more, though, or different. These guys I've watched for 20 years, to a man they say it's a totally different thing knowing what is across their chest. Different than anything they've ever experienced, and it is.

I do agree about the birth part, though. When A-Rod said he was going to play for whatever country his parents were from last time, I just thought that was ridiculous. At the time, there was still talk he might be the greatest (or one of the greatest) ever. How does he repay that, snubs his home country and the place that made him a mega-millionaire.

There would be some teams that were vaunted (I think it was the PR, Japan, Venezuela, and USA, of course) that had almost all players BORN in that country this time-around, only a few with lineage.

I'll also have to check, but I am pretty sure Baseball did NOT get voted back in (could be wrong, though). It won't matter, MLB will not shut down the league like the NHL does (they made it abundantly clear to the Olympics that they don't see that ever happening, and so it got cut). It is also not the offseason like in the NBA. Football, no worries there, as pretty much no other country uses that sport anywhere near enough to become Olympic. I think far more teams play Rugby religiously than American Football.

We will never have Olympic baseball like basketball or hockey. It just won't happen, and is the direct cause for the birth of the WBC. I say again, this IS Olympic baseball, as best as you will ever find. LOVE IT!!!
                            Last edited by Sunjah; 03-20-2017, 04:18 AM.

Comment

They won't because they won't make money off it. Tokyo is the host city and the host city has a vote on new sports that are regional in nature. The sports added in 2020 are baseball/softball, karate, sports climbing, surfing and skateboarding. Yes, I said sports climbing, surfing and skateboarding. I'm guessing pick-up sticks and jacks weren't available.

That I have to disagree with. If you watch it, those teams with real players (USA, PR, DR, Japan, a few others), they are playing with an intensity you don't see except in October baseball. Somehow, this is even more, though, or different. These guys I've watched for 20 years, to a man they say it's a totally different thing knowing what is across their chest. Different than anything they've ever experienced, and it is.

I do agree about the birth part, though. When A-Rod said he was going to play for whatever country his parents were from last time, I just thought that was ridiculous. At the time, there was still talk he might be the greatest (or one of the greatest) ever. How does he repay that, snubs his home country and the place that made him a mega-millionaire.

There would be some teams that were vaunted (I think it was the PR, Japan, Venezuela, and USA, of course) that had almost all players BORN in that country this time-around, only a few with lineage.

I'll also have to check, but I am pretty sure Baseball did NOT get voted back in (could be wrong, though). It won't matter, MLB will not shut down the league like the NHL does (they made it abundantly clear to the Olympics that they don't see that ever happening, and so it got cut). It is also not the offseason like in the NBA. Football, no worries there, as pretty much no other country uses that sport anywhere near enough to become Olympic. I think far more teams play Rugby religiously than American Football.

We will never have Olympic baseball like basketball or hockey. It just won't happen, and is the direct cause for the birth of the WBC. I say again, this IS Olympic baseball, as best as you will ever find. LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X