Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I be able to play retro mode online?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be able to play retro mode online?

Thanks for the help.

I don't recall them saying much about it but I'd guess no.

Comment

Doesnt seem that way which is just ridiculous, also doesnt seem like it can be used in season/franchise. so why bother than???? do you want people to play this way or not?
      Hopefully Im wrong

Comment

No I want it to be a mode that is online functional.

Comment

I forgot to mention the game should have a retro leaderboard as well.

Comment

The retro aspect if more of a gimmick to bring it back to the older baseball games. I don't see them moving forward with this in years to come.

Comment

Well I hope it stays in the game. Maybe it can become a long term feature with some added content.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSportGameGeek View Post
                Well I hope it stays in the game. Maybe it can become a long term feature with some added content.
                How can you say that without playing it? It may turn out to be terrible or great. We just don't know yet.

I look forward to the nights when I feel half asleep and want something more basic and not have to think as much but can't say I will love it just yet. We shall see though.
                Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

It's because I'm in pregame assumption mode.

Comment

I would think that online has to be an option. No different than playing regular head to head. Now if it is only vs CPU or vs another human local meaning playing on the same console then they are really going super nostalgic with it. I think a lot of roommates, father/son and brother/brother combos will enjoy it. Me personally I'll probably give it a few plays vs the CPU but other than that probably won't be in that mode much outside of the occasional game against someone that visits my humble abode seeing as they aren't as versed in The Show controls to just jump into a regular Show game with them.

It however is smart on SDS part because Retro Mode from the outside looking in is a great way to hook someone who might not necessarily play video game baseball... and once they play Retro Mode they might want to see what an updated baseball game is all about.

The life span of Retro Mode beyond 17 is definitely questionable but if the right numbers come back to SDS then Retro Mode could return for future years of The Show... just look at the wide margin of games played in RTTS and look what they did with that mode this year.

Comment

Retro Mode is an Offline "Play Now" game mode only.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_SDS View Post
                        Retro Mode is an Offline "Play Now" game mode only.
                        Thanks for answering.

From your avatar, I have to ask, will we ever get LEGO MLB The Show? They are doing everything else Lego, why not this!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunjah View Post

Thanks for answering.

From your avatar, I have to ask, will we ever get LEGO MLB The Show? They are doing everything else Lego, why not this!
                          Hah, that's the dream. But no, probably not

Comment

Well I don't mind it just being an offline mode, however it would be nice if it came back for MLB 18 the show with expanded online capabilities. Thanks for your help Adam SDS.

Comment

Working...
                            X