Franchise Question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchise Question...

So, I've always had a hard time figuring out what team to do for a franchise and how to keep it entertaining as well as keeping it progressing. I obviously have no where near the time to play 162 full 9 inning games. So, how do you guys do it on 16? I'm trying to start one up for the last 9 days of waiting then transfer it over when ready. Should I sim 8-14 games then play one? Just trying to figure out a way that I can get through seasons but not just rebuild and simulate over and over.

I play every inning all 162 games and have done 8 seasons since starting in MLB14.

However, I run a second franchise and in that I only play my ace pitchers games which comes out to 33 games per season.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
      I play every inning all 162 games and have done 8 seasons since starting in MLB14.

However, I run a second franchise and in that I only play my ace pitchers games which comes out to 33 games per season.
      Thank you so much! That's extremely helpful and I'll definitely try it out.

Comment

You could always try player lock in a franchise, kind of make it Road to the Show, but you only get 500 AB instead of ALL of them all season.

Also, I like the 29-game season. It is a one off of every team, you play everyone else one time, so each game is rather important. It feels to me like 29 is enough of a sample, and then you get playoffs, but ones you "earned". It is kind of like a double football season, so each game is very important.

I wish the 82 game season was literally just 1/2 of everything, but they cut it off, so you play part of the schedule, and some teams you just don't play.

Personally, I usually do a 162 season (fantasy draft or created rosters/no simming unless some kind of malfunction like freezing or power outage), or I usually start with a 29-game season/fantasy draft to become accustomed to the new gameplay changes. Last year, I had the Phillies with J. Robinson leading off and Catfish Hunter won the Cy Young. I actually played 2 seasons, and the 2nd one we go to the World Series and played Boston in an Epic series that went 7 games; I won game 7, 2-1. It was really fun, and felt very EPIC!

Comment

My advice on choosing a Franchise: I would take one where you like the ballpark, the uni's are great, and they have a chance at contention.

I always find the Red Sox appealing, as Fenway is awesome. I also might try Giants/Mets, as either could claim the Polo Grounds as their home (every time I play there I literally say, at some point, "Man! I LOVE the Polo Grounds!"

Comment

What I do is play the game pitched by the ace. I then do the other 4 as I'm going to play them so I can set my lineups and simulate the game to the end. It keeps your regulars fresh. Even though you can't control the bullpen usage with any luck since you use the ace you shouldn't have too much trouble getting 2 or 3 innings from them if they get depleted during the games you simulate.

Originally posted by OutrageousOreo View Post
            Thank you so much! That's extremely helpful and I'll definitely try it out.

Comment

Working...
            X