Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will this pre load work on Saturday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will this pre load work on Saturday?

Do I need to leave the PS4 on or in rest mode?

Depends on your settings. I have mine set to download even in rest mode, so it should start on its own. I will turn it on to double check, but just make sure your download setting have the ability to download in rest mode, then you can let it rest while downloading.

I also know they said Saturday several times on the stream, but my ps4 gives on expected download date of Sunday. Either way, it'll work.

Comment

Gonna suck having it DL'd but not even openable until I get up on Tuesday morning...... god that is going to suck... but once I get up Tuesday morning... it is pack opening time for one solid hour before I l have to leave for work. i got the DD version of it so i have a TON of packs ot open... if i counted right it is like 24 or 25 packs... wow... hope to get some really great cards...
      #Baseballislife

Comment

Ah yes, but it will be there. That is the good thing. Don't have to go pick it up somewhere, insert, wait for hours. It should be waiting in joy. I know people said it only downloads part, but I thought I remembered the whole thing downloading on digital pre-order. I think that is the main point of pre-load, so that the game is playable at 12:01 AM Tuesday. Maybe I'm wrong and there will be a longer wait, but I really thought last year it was there ready to play.

Comment

SunJah you are correct on the ready to play at 12:01 on Tuesday morning with the pre-load that if of course, you remembered to keep your ps4 on Saturday night or in Rest Mode. Yes, the preload or download will take place on 3/26/2017 which is Sunday. so for those of us that have our digital copies pre-ordered and all that. make sure your checkboxes throughout your system for auto downloading are checked and ready to go.

I have an ethernet cable to install before I do this to increase the speed of this. not that I have horrible speed but every MPs helps ya know... plus I have seen on many YouTube videos that direct connection is always the best way to go anyway.. hopefully as someone on OS pointed out we don't get the dreaded error message that will cause the download to start over and over and over and sell it and all that...
          #Baseballislife

Comment

Good to hear I am not the only one who remember this. I got scared when I read a few posts somewhere saying you get download, but then at 12:01 it resumes for the other 35 GB. I am pretty sure that is how it is with disc installation, but I could have sworn that digital pre-load gave you all of it. It has been 4 or 5 years of digital pre-load for me, but I thought it worked that way.

Good to see you too, mlblover. Don't know if you remember me from years ago, but I remember you and your love of the A's!

Comment

It will probably have a launch day patch that will take time to download and install. At least it did for 14, 15 and 16. I think most all games have launch day patches.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar2k7 View Post
                It will probably have a launch day patch that will take time to download and install. At least it did for 14, 15 and 16. I think most all games have launch day patches.
                Yes, but I think that gets included in the pre-download. There were some guys saying that it only downloads 15 gb on the "pre" part and that you have to wait for the other 35 gb or so to load, but I think they are very wrong. I think that only happens from the disc.

I am pretty sure I fired it up at 12:01 last year.

Comment

Yeah 9pm PST Saturday... so for someone like me 12am EST Sunday... the actual day depends on your timezone same as when it will be available to play between Monday 9pm and Tuesday 12am

Comment

Originally posted by mlblover View Post
                    i got the DD version of it so i have a TON of packs ot open... if i counted right it is like 24 or 25 packs... wow... hope to get some really great cards...
                    I watched Manny do a steam of 600 pack openings last week. I made through 233 packs in my hour on the treadmill. If I remember right 6 gold players, 6 FB Golds and a couple Diamond equipment. Odds are not in your favor but best of luck.
                    Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, thou art not so....COBHC

Comment

Can people who preordered the game at gamestop download it on Saturday/Sunday or is that only for ps store preorders?

Comment

Originally posted by StewieGisEvil View Post
                        Can people who preordered the game at gamestop download it on Saturday/Sunday or is that only for ps store preorders?
                        Only for PS Store preorders. Unless you have a code to redeem or something (but I don't think Gamestop does that).

Comment

Originally posted by mlblover View Post
                          Gonna suck having it DL'd but not even openable until I get up on Tuesday morning...... god that is going to suck... but once I get up Tuesday morning... it is pack opening time for one solid hour before I l have to leave for work. i got the DD version of it so i have a TON of packs ot open... if i counted right it is like 24 or 25 packs... wow... hope to get some really great cards...
                          Opening 25 packs is only going to take 10 minutes at most if you take your time

Comment

How do i get the packs after i use the code in the ps store

Comment

Working...
                            X