Question regarding the download size.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding the download size.

I see a lot of people like myself talking about their download size only showing up as like 8GB when the game is from what I've seen more like 40-50GB. I left my PS4 in rest move all of Saturday into last night and on Saturday started an 8.9GB download I believe, the game says it is loaded and has the countdown to play, I'm just trying to ensure that when 2300 CST rolls around I don't go to play and then I have another massive download file that for some reason didn't download properly or the right size or I just downloaded the themes rather than game. Can anyone possibly clarify? At work til 1700 CST so no way to really re start the download if something went wrong.

40+ gigabite

Comment

Well, it's in rest mode so hopefully it downloads the rest while I'm at work. Getting on the actual playstation website and fiddling with my download queue and download list didn't help much.

Comment

I believe it was 48.7GB but I'd have to log into my console for the exact size.

Originally posted by Dealer-95- View Post
        Well, it's in rest mode so hopefully it downloads the rest while I'm at work. Getting on the actual playstation website and fiddling with my download queue and download list didn't help much.

Comment

I see a lot of people like myself talking about their download size only showing up as like 8GB when the game is from what I've seen more like 40-50GB. I left my PS4 in rest move all of Saturday into last night and on Saturday started an 8.9GB download I believe, the game says it is loaded and has the countdown to play, I'm just trying to ensure that when 2300 CST rolls around I don't go to play and then I have another massive download file that for some reason didn't download properly or the right size or I just downloaded the themes rather than game. Can anyone possibly clarify? At work til 1700 CST so no way to really re start the download if something went wrong.

No, you're fine. It's good to go. Another file 40 GB or something comes after the 8. Then both disappear in Notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post

No, you're fine. It's good to go. Another file 40 GB or something comes after the 8. Then both disappear in Notifications.

If you're wrong and I can't play at exactly 2300 CST I'm going to blame you and call you mean names for the rest of the year on here haha. I've never been in suspense for a video game before so hopefully I'm all set. Pretty excited and hopefully there aren't any issues with the pre order bonuses so I can open packs right away. I almost expect there to be network issues but hopefully I can start conquest at least if online is down.

Comment

If you're wrong and I can't play at exactly 2300 CST I'm going to blame you and call you mean names for the rest of the year on here haha. I've never been in suspense for a video game before so hopefully I'm all set. Pretty excited and hopefully there aren't any issues with the pre order bonuses so I can open packs right away. I almost expect there to be network issues but hopefully I can start conquest at least if online is down.
              Welp, you say there is no way to re-start the download anyway so...haha. But no, you're all set. Also, Ramone said they fixed the issues with pre-order bonuses. Oh, then if I'm right you have to call me Lord for the rest of the year. Deal?

Comment

I think they learned from last year so barring anything crazy I'm confident that they are more prepared for this years launch especially with the hype around this game being bigger than years past including last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
                  Welp, you say there is no way to re-start the download anyway so...haha. But no, you're all set. Also, Ramone said they fixed the issues with pre-order bonuses. Oh, then if I'm right you have to call me Lord for the rest of the year. Deal?

Lord Atomic-Destroyer of Cheese. I can roll with that brother. But if not, you will be referred to in any post as Captain Poopy Pants.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post
                    I think they learned from last year so barring anything crazy I'm confident that they are more prepared for this years launch especially with the hype around this game being bigger than years past including last year.

I'm hoping so. I'm sure there will be some issues to iron out, just knowing what I know this time around as far as DD I wanna be able to dive right into DD and get cracking.

Comment

It's really too bad they can't compress the file sizes. They can definitely get the game smaller than 50GB or whatever it is. Not high on their list of priorities though unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeze_Time_ View Post
                        It's really too bad they can't compress the file sizes. They can definitely get the game smaller than 50GB or whatever it is. Not high on their list of priorities though unfortunately.
                        That really surprises me. GTA takes like 65 GB on my system, several games are 50 or around there, and someone complains. It is almost like they have to find something, no matter what, to complain about. Take 150 GB of my space for this game if you want, it is that well worth it.

Positive karma...positive karma!

Comment

I'm not complaining, just after seeing differing file sizes posted on here I wanting to ensure my PS4 was in fact downloading the whole thing and not just a tid bit. Looks like I'm good to go at launch since I have the countdown and the file info screen shows it up to the latest version and the file size at 48.87 GB?

Comment

Originally posted by Freeze_Time_ View Post

Yeah, but then the game would definitely run slower. So ... pick your poison.

Comment

I'm not complaining, just after seeing differing file sizes posted on here I wanting to ensure my PS4 was in fact downloading the whole thing and not just a tid bit. Looks like I'm good to go at launch since I have the countdown and the file info screen shows it up to the latest version and the file size at 48.87 GB?
                              No, I didn't mean you complaining. It was the comment about how the people of SDS seem to be doing something "wrong" because they don't somehow compress the file sizes. As I said, I'd give up 150 or more GB for this game, it is that good.

The complaint by that guy just took me by surprise as a "have to find something to complain about."

...and yes, that is the exact size I have, too, 48.87 GB. 3 hours and 37 minutes to go...

Comment

Working...
                              X