Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A message about the state of online in MLB The Show 16 (4/8/16)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message about the state of online in MLB The Show 16 (4/8/16)

Every season, there’s nothing we look forward to more than finally getting a new version of MLB The Show into our fans’ hands. We spend our offseason striving to make the best baseball game possible, aided by an amazing community that buoys us with their support and terrific feedback.

The Show 16 is the culmination of all of that, a labor of love for all of us, and while we’re proud of everything we put in the package this year, our initial online experience has been inconsistent.

We apologize that the excitement of launch and the start of the season has been soured by these issues. Our team is taking every step necessary and working around the clock to stabilize our online servers as soon as possible.

In acknowledgment of the frustration these issues have caused, if you’ve played The Show 16 while connected to PlayStation Network before 1 pm PDT, Friday, April 8, we’re adding 5,000 stubs and 10 standard packs to your account. Stubs will show up automatically by Tuesday, April 12; no redemption required. Packs can be accessed in the “Open Packs” section by Tuesday, April 12 (via “Main Menu > My Locker > Inventory > Open Packs”).

To those of you who’ve reached out to us during this week, and to the many more who we haven’t heard from but who may have been affected, we extend our endless thanks and appreciation for your patience and ongoing support.

Thank you guys for all your efforts and hard work into fixes these issues! I plan on being online all weekend!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

This does take some of the sting off the online issues that have been occurring this week...a little.

Comment

This is the right thing to do. Thank you!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

thank you guys

Comment

Thanks for the continued support and timely feedback! A super big thanks for the extra stubs and packs! I hope everything gets ironed out so we can have a smooth season. Definitely looking forward to playing some more online games (Battle Royale) in the very near future.

Comment

Great gesture

Comment

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's a nice gesture. Now let's hope we can play ball!

Comment

Hello thank you for your time and all the work that you guys put in to this issue. I am disappointed with the outcome. You see I like to pull packs and 400 dollars I get nothing? Nothing? You guys are good with that? Your randomness is terrible. How do I get the same player right next to each other in the same pack? I work for one of the big three and as a family we rip packs together and build a squad to beat up on the cpu. I understand "the randomness" but if I go out and buy $400 in real life packs I guarantee you I get better things than what we were given those two nights. Well we have given you $720 so far, but that will be all you will get. I guess it's back to Madden, at least they reward you for spending money. Someone one a chat had a great idea maybe if you don't get a gold or diamond player in a pack you get a token and 60 tokens added to a silver player set you get any silver player, 100 tokens into gold is any gold player and 200 is any diamond? Therefore this is guaranteed to not happen to anyone again. Your randomness is awful. You have lost a long time supporter. Sad because it is a great game. Problem is there are a lot of great games out there. I understand you guys do it for the fans but let's be honest it's a business and you also do it for the money. Well you lost a cash cow guys $720 plus the 70 I spent on the game lol you should be ashamed at your randomness. The market is not as fun as pulling packs we both know this. If you truly would have looked into this situation you would clearly see I do utilize the market it's the only way I have the rare cards I have!

Comment

Are people still getting "Challenge Failed" in regular online exhibition games with friends after the 1.02 patch? So frustrating to pay $60 for a game in 2016 you can't play online with friends

Comment

I don't have 5k and packs even though I started playing DD since yesterday.

Comment

Thanks, y'all. Appreciate the hard work; love the game!

With these online issues fixed, looking forward to finally start building my stubs stockpile through the market!

Comment

Working...
                              X