A New Year!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Year!

The final edition of new player equipment in MLB The Show 16 is now available in the New Year pack.

It guarantees one piece of New Year equipment needed in the New Year Equipment Collection Missions, plus 3 player card items. The pack can be purchased in The Show Shop for 3,500 stubs.

Among the equipment items is a new best-in-class bat – the New Year Rawlings Velo R271VG Ash – which boosts your created player with +15 power, +15 contact and +10 discipline.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16_Tile_NewYear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	165412

New Year Equipment Collection Missions

New Year: Sean Doolittle

Mission: Lock 5 New Year equipment items (no duplicates) into your Inventory
    Rewards: Prime Flashback Sean Doolittle (92 OVR OAK), 5,000 XP and 500 stubs
    Unlocks: New Year: Matt Carpenter Mission

New Year: Matt Carpenter

Mission: Lock 3 more New Year equipment items (no duplicates) into your Inventory
    Rewards: Prime Flashback Matt Carpenter (92 OVR STL), 5,000 XP and 500 stubs

To complete both missions, you only need to lock 8 of the 9 New Year equipment items into your Inventory.

The equipment items cannot be sold after locking them, but the flashback reward items can be sold in the Community Market.
    Attached Files

First, I'd like to say, thank you for continuing to come out with new content throughout the offseason.. Second, not to sound ungrateful or rude, but, 92 Doolittle and 92 Carpenter??? Really? I have probably about zero,, 0 desire to get these players... But, for those who are excited for the two new players, enjoy..

Comment

Originally posted by Shauwn View Post
      First, I'd like to say, thank you for continuing to come out with new content throughout the offseason.. Second, not to sound ungrateful or rude, but, 92 Doolittle and 92 Carpenter??? Really? I have probably about zero,, 0 desire to get these players... But, for those who are excited for the two new players, enjoy..
      Agreed. The last Martin and Brantley was nice. 1 step forward 2 steps back lol

Comment

Not sure if I'll be doing this one as everybody at this point in my lineup and rotation are higher overalls than this. Maybe I'll do it for the stubs (even though I'll be loosing more than gaining) and xp. I do have to give it up to devs for continuing to come out with need cards, it is really appreciated! Keeps us all reeled in till '17 the show.

Comment

This is unacceptable. Atleast drop a useable diamond. Id rather no January content than waiting on Friday to be let down again.

Comment

Is sean doolittles secondary position supposed to be 1b?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaigeyboyy View Post
              Is sean doolittles secondary position supposed to be 1b?
              Ha. Likely no.

Comment

I'm grateful as always SDS, but will likely pass on this one. I've noticed over the last year though, for those looking to complete it, Cardinals fans on here will over pay for a bat boy as long as he is on their in game roster... So, play that market away.

Comment

I like that you don't have to collect them all (9). Not going to fight over that bat...

Comment

opened 1 pack and pulled rookie utley

opened 4 more and meh... nothing good, no bat

Comment

i would rather be flooded with diamonds to choose from

Comment

One thing that would make this worth it is if there are missions associated with the two cards once you unlock them (like with Lee and McCutchen from the Thanksgiving packs). Anyone unlock Doolittle yet and know if this is the case? Thanks.

Comment

Yup. There are 2 additional 10K Pack Bundle missions! 30 SOs with Doolittle and 25 Doubles with Carp.

Comment

Originally posted by TSalten View Post
                            Yup. There are 2 additional 10K Pack Bundle missions! 30 SOs with Doolittle and 25 Doubles with Carp.
                            Awesome! Thanks for checking on that!

Comment

Well, I bought my ceremonial single pack and didn't get much. Looks like it'll be so much cheaper just to buy the stuff outright.

Comment

Working...
                              X