MLB The Show 17: Gameplay Improvements, Animations... [Vlog]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB The Show 17: Gameplay Improvements, Animations... [Vlog]

Check out the new gameplay improvements within MLB The Show 17 as well as our expanded amount of animations available for this year. You'll see more on new ball physics, our all new Catch and Throw engine, Cat and Mouse gameplay, and the new catcher throwing meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2D7SfO5Bgk

Attached Files
    twitter.com/MLBTheShow_Tips
    For support: theshow@playstation.sony.com

Some excellent stuff here.

Two concerns though. On the pick off. Currently we have no control sending the runner back to a base when the pick off animation starts. There's a delay and you have to keep pounding the shoulder button to get the runner to go back to the base. There's a real delay there.

On steals. Don't know how many times I've done a replay on a runner who was called out to watch the replay showing that the runners hand(s) were actually OVER top of the base before the tag was made. Perhaps because of no collision detection? It causes a base stealer who appears to be safe......to be called"out!"

Hope some attention was given to those two as they've been in the game awhile.

Other than that, these animations look fantastic.

Comment

Looks good, one thing still and this isnt "style guide" related, the Collars on the indians jerseys are way too thick.

Comment

Looks great so far! I really hope bunting is addressed early on.

Comment

I hope inside outing fastballs for 400+ feet is taken care of in the new ball physics.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilZEAD View Post
            Looks great so far! I really hope bunting is addressed early on.
            I hope so too but I will be a happy customer if they really fixed the slow animations and the fence hugging disaster 😀

Comment

Good, thanks for the improvements, all very much needed, but I do think it is extremely important to address the bunting in this game, it is way too easy to bunt regardless of the hitter's bunting attributes. There has to be some added skill or difficulty to bunt (which is already one of the most difficult things to do in real life and not all hitters actually do or can), and not just being able to hit 'triangle' and done with it. This would avoid exploit of this aspect of the game. Thanks for your efforts and always improving and making MLB The Show always a must buy for us Victor_SDS

Comment

so no new info on retro mode? Victor_SDS

Comment

I definitely agree with the bunting being fixed. That's my main issue with this overall awesome game and takes out all the fun of playing when you are put against a bunt cheeser. I've had numerous games where they bunt with almost every player. And yes, you can play a bunt defense, but that also puts you at a defensive disadvantage when they hit normally. As well as players who do a bunt dance on every pitch. It's childish and annoying.

Also, another issue I have, even tho it's rare, occurs when the players CAP is a pitcher. Either a starter or even worse, a reliever who is maxed out with an insane arsenal or pitches. I've had a few occasions (once yesterday) that his warms up his CAP in the first inning to bring him in the next inning. These guys are maxed out with unrealistic pitches combination that are virtually unhittable.

Comment

Stubbs will not transfer over from 16 to 17 correct?

Comment

Originally posted by msimotes23 View Post
                      Stubbs will not transfer over from 16 to 17 correct?

They have not in years past.

Comment

For the new catching meter, will there be a colorblind setting? When y'all were streaming I could not tell where the person was landing in the meter. A colorblind color scheme would be a nice touch to help ac certain amount of players out. (Anything but green yellow and red)

Comment

I do wish the controller part doesn't suck as much as it always does! Ex. let's say on a double play, even if you "preload" a throw to second, you still have to wait a bit to throw to first....by that time, the guy can, on some occasion, make it to first. It should be automatic, touch and throw is what I'm saying. It takes too long to do it from anywhere, whether it be the outfield, or if a play is made and you see a runner tagging...it just takes too long. A second makes a world of a difference. Again, it should simply be touch and throw. This game sucks. Bring back MVP BASEBALL BY EA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kjlugo View Post
                            Good, thanks for the improvements, all very much needed, but I do think it is extremely important to address the bunting in this game, it is way too easy to bunt regardless of the hitter's bunting attributes. There has to be some added skill or difficulty to bunt (which is already one of the most difficult things to do in real life and not all hitters actually do or can), and not just being able to hit 'triangle' and done with it. This would avoid exploit of this aspect of the game. Thanks for your efforts and always improving and making MLB The Show always a must buy for us Victor_SDS
                            Sorry but it looks like bunt cheese is back for 17. I was watching the stream today and this guy was talking how hard it is going to be to bunt with player that don't have the skills for it and then he bunted with Cubs catcher Contreras for a cheesy base hit then I just turned off my PS4 and said here we go again.

Comment

Originally posted by JAM0NEAND0 View Post

Sorry but it looks like bunt cheese is back for 17. I was watching the stream today and this guy was talking how hard it is going to be to bunt with player that don't have the skills for it and then he bunted with Cubs catcher Contreras for a cheesy base hit then I just turned off my PS4 and said here we go again.

I just watched that. Very frustrating, that area is not improved for 2017 so we will see the good ol' bunt cheese plenty on MLB17. Notice how the SDS guys switched subject fairly quickly when they noticed themselves that Wilson Contreras was laying down perfect bunts and making a mockery of the infielders.Frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X