MLB The Show 17: Gameplay Improvements, Animations... [Vlog]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kjlugo View Post

I just watched that. Very frustrating, that area is not improved for 2017 so we will see the good ol' bunt cheese plenty on MLB17. Notice how the SDS guys switched subject fairly quickly when they noticed themselves that Wilson Contreras was laying down perfect bunts and making a mockery of the infielders.Frustrating.
    step off the ledge and take a deep breath TGIF

Originally posted by Russell_SCEA
    Different year same OS :-) lol
    • Retro mode camera is available in the regular game
    • Catcher throw meter is still being tuned not finished by any means. Streaming a game that's not done knock knock.
    • We are in crunch, it's not easy to pull people away from their day-to-day to do these streams
    • Bunting, we didn't realize until after the stream, but we had fastballs down the middle on. So yeah bunting is way easier with every fastball down the middle. Anyway it's been worked on a lot you'll see more Wednesday. And that's the beauty of streaming an unfinished game, we worked on it a lot then streamed and found something else to tune which you'll see on Wednesday.
    • Graphics, WIP same as every year look at the first stream or vlog from any year then reference it with the last one.
    • Graphics............13th.............:-)

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfHarambe4 View Post
      For the new catching meter, will there be a colorblind setting? When y'all were streaming I could not tell where the person was landing in the meter. A colorblind color scheme would be a nice touch to help ac certain amount of players out. (Anything but green yellow and red)
      It would be much appreciated if there could be a choice of color schemes (this is the only game I play which does not have that choice in fact).

Comment

Originally posted by HustlinOwl View Post

step off the ledge and take a deep breath TGIF

Do you know what "graphics, WIP" means?
        And what "graphics...........13th" means?

Comment

"We are in crunch, it's not easy to pull people from their day-to-day to do these streams".
          That sounds like you think you are doing us a favor. You are promoting your product.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
            Do you know what "graphics, WIP" means?
            And what "graphics...........13th" means?
            Graphics game is work in progress (WIP) and 13th is graphics stream. Guessing today Gamestop Monday so some graphic info

Comment

Originally posted by HustlinOwl View Post

Graphics game is work in progress (WIP) and 13th is graphics stream. Guessing today Gamestop Monday so some graphic info
              Okay, thanks.

Comment

Honestly, I'm not a bunt cheeser but if they're doing it against you just put corners or infield in. They hit a screamer down the line, oh well that's life.

Comment

Originally posted by anpo31023 View Post
                  Honestly, I'm not a bunt cheeser but if they're doing it against you just put corners or infield in. They hit a screamer down the line, oh well that's life.

See this is something that I am completely against. I want to play an organic baseball game. If I think your player is going to bunt I'll play bunt defense which the computer actually does a good job of adjusting for automatically for the most part (same with shifts for left handed batters). I shouldn't have to put bunt defense on when you have "Reggie Stocker" at the plate, and I refuse to put bunt defense on to give up the screamer down the line.

Obviously people weren't happy with the bunt results on stream but SDS gave us the heads up as all those balls bunted were fastballs down the middle. However judging from the number of bunts that were either popped up or went foul I'd say bunting is fixed. Trying to figure out how to protect from the push bunt to the "bermuda triangle" as I like to call it of Pitcher, 1B and 2B is going to be something that we probably won't know for sure until we see more bunts on future streams or actually get our own hands on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

See this is something that I am completely against. I want to play an organic baseball game. If I think your player is going to bunt I'll play bunt defense which the computer actually does a good job of adjusting for automatically for the most part (same with shifts for left handed batters). I shouldn't have to put bunt defense on when you have "Reggie Stocker" at the plate, and I refuse to put bunt defense on to give up the screamer down the line.

Obviously people weren't happy with the bunt results on stream but SDS gave us the heads up as all those balls bunted were fastballs down the middle. However judging from the number of bunts that were either popped up or went foul I'd say bunting is fixed. Trying to figure out how to protect from the push bunt to the "bermuda triangle" as I like to call it of Pitcher, 1B and 2B is going to be something that we probably won't know for sure until we see more bunts on future streams or actually get our own hands on the game.
                    I wonder if there will be a ball indicator for popped up bunts now. A bunt pop up is tough to field this year because you have to guess where it is going to land, and if it dropped, it was almost certainly a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

4 out of 5 times I get a bunting Reggie Stocker out without even putting Bunt Defense on. And that seems realistic to me. So many players see a bunt and they just go "OMG a bunt!" and they just freeze or make dumb mistakes and don't know what to do when the ball is in play.
                      Last edited by TheeAtomicPunk; 02-14-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

In this video you mention throws are improved yet a HUGE glitch of a second baseman LOBBING the ball is STILL in the game?! How is that possible. And I will GUARENTEE that will be in the game at launch.

I love MLB I play it religiously. But if anyone wants to see the approach to some technical detail. Just look at the way that stream was put together. Things not working. Unorganized. No structure. Every year I just ask for a clean working game and every year it's a mess and only improved after the game is just us players that play all year.

And sometimes things NEVER get fixed. Eg; the lob ball on a DP.

And while I'm here WTF do 93-99 diamond player constantly make routine errors? Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by xST3ROiiDzZ View Post
                          In this video you mention throws are improved yet a HUGE glitch of a second baseman LOBBING the ball is STILL in the game?! How is that possible. And I will GUARENTEE that will be in the game at launch.

I love MLB I play it religiously. But if anyone wants to see the approach to some technical detail. Just look at the way that stream was put together. Things not working. Unorganized. No structure. Every year I just ask for a clean working game and every year it's a mess and only improved after the game is just us players that play all year.

And sometimes things NEVER get fixed. Eg; the lob ball on a DP.

And while I'm here WTF do 93-99 diamond player constantly make routine errors? Rant over.

they said they are aware of the bug and are working to fix it so that it is not in the finished product

Comment

Originally posted by TheeAtomicPunk View Post
                            4 out of 5 times I get a bunting Reggie Stocker out without even putting Bunt Defense on. And that seems realistic to me. So many players see a bunt and they just go "OMG a bunt!" and they just freeze or make dumb mistakes and don't know what to do when the ball is in play.

I just used "Reggie Stocker" as an example of someone that someone should never bunt with based off his stats you want to swing for the fences more often than not with him. I don't freeze or make mistakes I just try to field it the best I can based off my defense which as long as it isn't bunted in the "bermuda triangle" I more often than not get the runner out unless its someone like Hamilton but I've thrown him out trying to steal second more often than not when someone does get on with him. You don't want something in the game that is OP as players will gravitate towards it. Just like when your defense does the extreme shift on a lefty like David Ortiz and then the person bunts lays a bunt along the third base line and their only argument against it being cheese is that you can take the shift off... why so you can pull one through where the shift would've been... they then argue that they bunt so they don't ground into the shift... why not swing away... you might actually hit a home run... I don't know its just a vicious cycle and I'm just hoping that what they say is true as it was explained in terms of bunting and not what was displayed due to the widget being set to fbs down the middle. I really like to stay in and around the zone and play defense as needed if I can't outwit you for a strike. My brain and enjoyment of baseball doesn't allow for me to have a power/high velocity pitcher with FBs in their pitching arsenal through changeups and curveballs all day... in the dirt even and call myself a good/great MLB The Show player. I just can't do it. I refuse to be that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor_SDS View Post
                              Check out the new gameplay improvements within MLB The Show 17 as well as our expanded amount of animations available for this year. You'll see more on new ball physics, our all new Catch and Throw engine, Cat and Mouse gameplay, and the new catcher throwing meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2D7SfO5Bgk

Does the players gameplay have any effect in the outcome of H2H? Or is it still just as effective as the fans love? I only ask because I just had Jordan Zimmerman laying big fat ones for 12 straight innings (yes, 12. He was able to do so because I usually swing at the strikes) giving the infielders PLEANTY of work. Anyways, looking forward to the new edition.

Comment

Will you be able to carry 2016 save games into the new version?

Comment

Working...
                                X