Community Update (7/1/16)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Update (7/1/16)

Our goal for MLB The Show 16 is to maintain a fair and competitive game community. It is absolutely paramount for us that the integrity of our online play, particularly modes like Diamond Dynasty where so many of our fans invest so much of their time and passion, remain intact. As such, we are constantly monitoring the server for unusual or potentially exploitive behaviors.

We recently discovered a glitch in the Community Market was being taken advantage of to double user Stubs and cards. In many cases, this was apparently done hundreds of times. In addition to violating the terms of service, this conduct gives abusing players an unfair advantage over others, negatively impacting gameplay and the shared marketplace.

In order to restore balance as quickly as possible, we suspended approximately 200 user accounts that were exhibiting unusual behavior as we worked to diagnose and fix the exploit. Again, our top priority is to protect the broader community and the integrity of their experience with The Show. With the vulnerability now addressed, we’ve gone deeper into the telemetry and are reactivating select accounts.

As always, we will strive to improve our ability to communicate these types of situations as they arise and develop. We‘re grateful for the understanding and patience of the entire MLB The Show community, and for helping us make this the best place to play baseball.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email theshow@sony.com.

-The Show team

Any ETA on the relaunch of the theshownation.com Market?

Comment

Appreciate the unbanning. However, a simple "this could have easily been done unintentionally so not all suspended users were being cheaters" or something would have been nice.

Comment

How many people are still banned? You said you reactivated "select" accounts but every single person on Twitter and Reddit is unbanned

Comment

Also anybody else notice there's nothing even remotely close to an apology there? They banned hundreds of accounts wrongfully, accosted their users on Twitter, called them cheaters and liars and now they're just saying "We did nothing wrong."

I'm not looking for compensation, I don't want stubs or packs. I want an apology.

Comment

Sooooooooooo..... What action actually gets people banned so I know not to do it and get banned? Derp... That'd probably help.

Comment

Originally posted by RUSSELL_05 View Post
              Our goal for MLB The Show 16 is to maintain a fair and competitive game community. It is absolutely paramount for us that the integrity of our online play, particularly modes like Diamond Dynasty where so many of our fans invest so much of their time and passion, remain intact. As such, we are constantly monitoring the server for unusual or potentially exploitive behaviors.

if you want it fair, why are their diff bonus and handicaps for fhe type of hitting or pitching you choose (i.e. zone directional meter pulse classic)
              If you guys want the gameplay to be fair than why is this not addressed?

OH RIGHT CAUSE THE GAMEPLAY ISNT LETTING PEOPLE DUPLICATE STUBS WHICH PEOPLE COULD BE BUYING FROM SDS.

Am i the only one that feels since it was affecting sds's bottom line is why anything was done and why they're saying "to keep things fair" which only means "to keep players buying stubs/packs"

If u really want DD to be a fair game mode, then make it fair

Comment

You forgot to mention money invested. Plz read my comment in this thread. A bug I encountered in March is still affecting me selling my cards to make a profit. Under the name SKITZOx916 http://forums.theshownation.com/foru...r-to-sds/page3

Comment

Originally posted by RUSSELL_05 View Post

We recently discovered a glitch in the Community Market was being taken advantage of to double user Stubs and cards. In many cases, this was apparently done hundreds of times. In addition to violating the terms of service, this conduct gives abusing players an unfair advantage over others, negatively impacting gameplay and the shared marketplace.

In order to restore balance as quickly as possible, we suspended approximately 200 user accounts that were exhibiting unusual behavior as we worked to diagnose and fix the exploit. Again, our top priority is to protect the broader community and the integrity of their experience with The Show. With the vulnerability now addressed, we’ve gone deeper into the telemetry and are reactivating select accounts.

As always, we will strive to improve our ability to communicate these types of situations as they arise and develop. We‘re grateful for the understanding and patience of the entire MLB The Show community, and for helping us make this the best place to play baseball.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email theshow@sony.com.

-The Show team

I found you to be rude and condescending. I understand it is important to protect THE SHOW community from SDS' mistakes. I understand that it was obvious some people discovered and exploited a glitch. I also understand this glitch had been "fixed" according to you 3 weeks ago. I am still scratching my head at why you think all this lead you to the idea that you could just piss on anyone asking you (as a company representative) about what was going on. Poor. Just a poor job by you.

Sooooo. Why was this mass-banning really unrolled in the fashion it was? Who were you really protecting at that point? What was the danger?

Nobody. As you said, the flaw was fixed - there was absolutely no reason to rush through being the accuser, the judge and executioner. All of this without any input from the accused.

SDS employed a flawed and shallow methodology of detecting intentional exploiters of the apparent glitch and swept up a number of innocent users. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to start up THE SHOW and have it say, "YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR CHEATING." Do you have any appreciation for the frustration I and other in my situation feel? Do you? Furthermore, I emailed customer support on Monday and as of yet, I have heard NOTHING.

Meanwhile, while trying to get information, I just get smug responses like: "We are 100% sure." "We checked the date 3x and if we check it again, it will be the same."

Garbage. Totally unfair. Garbage.

Once I pieced together the so-called glitch, I put exactly 5 minutes of thought into it, and figured out exactly how you would be able to tell cheaters from non-cheaters - its not that hard. You guys spent 3 weeks on this? Really?

Anyhow, where is the apology? Now that the market has gone way down this week, were is a token of "sorry" in the form of some packs or something. By your own admission, the "unbanned" are not that many. So, how about stepping it up to show us you meant no harm. I am really pissed at how this was handled. If someone would have contacted me, I could have sorted them out in less than 5 minutes. But now, you ban everyone, mock everyone, and let us sit there with no information for the whole week. Any attempt to get information from Operation Sports was an exercise in pure humility - it was real fun having people dance on our graves and tell us "good riddance, you deserve it cheater." I couldn't get any information here - I was banned and could not post.

Anyhow, this is a real crap-show you guys put on this week. I am almost sorry for you. I am not sorry for you because you actually caused a lot of anger and anxiety amongst people who paid for your game and love to play it.

- You guys need to be better than this.
                  Last edited by RexyWalla; 07-01-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

^^^^so true

Comment

I thought SDS said that they had been monotoring the exploit activity for weeks. But you just discovered the glitch. You were so sure on Twitter.

Comment

You should set more realistic goals. I did nothing. And will not buy anything from sds again. I hope there are more gamers who do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TheeArtist View Post
                          You should set more realistic goals. I did nothing. And will not buy anything from sds again. I hope there are more gamers who do the same.
                          Agreed. I was a very big spender on MLB THE SHOW. Now I will never buy anything, likely including next year's game.

We couldn't even get an apology after this fiasco you caused. You guys really know how to dig holes. RexyWalla said it better than any of us could. Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by RexyWalla View Post

I found you to be rude and condescending. I understand it is important to protect THE SHOW community from SDS' mistakes. I understand that it was obvious some people discovered and exploited a glitch. I also understand this glitch had been "fixed" according to you 3 weeks ago. I am still scratching my head at why you think all this lead you to the idea that you could just piss on anyone asking you (as a company representative) about what was going on. Poor. Just a poor job by you.

Sooooo. Why was this mass-banning really unrolled in the fashion it was? Who were you really protecting at that point? What was the danger?

Nobody. As you said, the flaw was fixed - there was absolutely no reason to rush through being the accuser, the judge and executioner. All of this without any input from the accused.

SDS employed a flawed and shallow methodology of detecting intentional exploiters of the apparent glitch and swept up a number of innocent users. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to start up THE SHOW and have it say, "YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR CHEATING." Do you have any appreciation for the frustration I and other in my situation feel? Do you? Furthermore, I emailed customer support on Monday and as of yet, I have heard NOTHING.

Meanwhile, while trying to get information, I just get smug responses like: "We are 100% sure." "We checked the date 3x and if we check it again, it will be the same."

Garbage. Totally unfair. Garbage.

Once I pieced together the so-called glitch, I put exactly 5 minutes of thought into it, and figured out exactly how you would be able to tell cheaters from non-cheaters - its not that hard. You guys spent 3 weeks on this? Really?

Anyhow, where is the apology? Now that the market has gone way down this week, were is a token of "sorry" in the form of some packs or something. By your own admission, the "unbanned" are not that many. So, how about stepping it up to show us you meant no harm. I am really pissed at how this was handled. If someone would have contacted me, I could have sorted them out in less than 5 minutes. But now, you ban everyone, mock everyone, and let us sit there with no information for the whole week. Any attempt to get information from Operation Sports was an exercise in pure humility - it was real fun having people dance on our graves and tell us "good riddance, you deserve it cheater." I couldn't get any information here - I was banned and could not post.

Anyhow, this is a real crap-show you guys put on this week. I am almost sorry for you. I am not sorry for you because you actually caused a lot of anger and anxiety amongst people who paid for your game and love to play it.

- You guys need to be better than this.
                            BINGO...spot on good sir!

Comment

Absolutely true. This was amateur hour and still is. Out of all the things you could have said to respond to the stuff that happened this week, you choose to say it wasn't your fault and gave us a load of bs?? You guys think we are stupid. I seriously can't believe that you guys would call people out on Twitter like that and be rude to your customers who are asking about what's going on, if you even answer at all. I'd be surprised if this little fiasco doesn't get published in one of the gaming websites like IGN or something. I know the launch issue was...

Comment

Working...
                              X