Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make RTTS more realistic and less reptative

Some things that could be added are:
    1) Instead of having money contracts, you should have skill points so we can purchase products or upgrade our player.
    2) If your player leaves a team, when you return to that stadium on the away team your player should get booed or a standing ovation depending on your relationship with the old club.
    3) You should have the option to charge the mound after dangerous pitches.
    4) You should be able to throw out a guy if he advances too far over the base on a base hit.
    5) You should have real life experiences outside of baseball. For example, picking an agent, be able to be sponserd and sign a contract with Nike, Adidas, or Under Armor for skill points and where their items. You should be able to buy a house or maybe a car.
    6) Make requesting a trade easier and more realistic. For example if your the top player on your club you should be traded for somebody just as good or top prospects.
    7) There should be a ranking for the top prospects so if you are the number one prospect you should be ranked and known as such.
    8) You should have the real life local team announcers. For example, if i were on the nationals Bob Carpenter and F.P Santangelo would be the announcers
    9) Maybe do what NBA 2K16 did and play 4 games in high school then go into the playoffs and be scouted then instead of going to the showcase.
    10) Also you should be able to do personal interactions with teammates, managers, GMs, and fans so you can have a player personality rating

On number 3, this has been addressed before, MLB will not allow charging the mound or brawls to be in the game. On number 5, this is a baseball game. If you want to do the house and car routine then buy a Sims game. Doing a career takes long enough as it is without adding a lot of nonsense. On number 8 it costs way too much and would use way too much data to have the announcers from all 30 teams. That would take years to get done as well. So asking for that is totally unrealistic. Number 10, read number 5.

Comment

This will make RTTS more realistic:
      https://youtu.be/A8Z_Zk0sbRk

Comment

Originally posted by pogibana View Post
        On number 3, this has been addressed before, MLB will not allow charging the mound or brawls to be in the game. On number 5, this is a baseball game. If you want to do the house and car routine then buy a Sims game. Doing a career takes long enough as it is without adding a lot of nonsense. On number 8 it costs way too much and would use way too much data to have the announcers from all 30 teams. That would take years to get done as well. So asking for that is totally unrealistic. Number 10, read number 5.
        ​Of course you are entitled to your pinion, but you appear to be a bit dismissive of some of the suggestions made by the originator.
        ​IMHO, point number 5, this is a simulation not a game. We need to move closer to what happens in a simulated game and have all the trimmings that go with it. If you don't want that, then don't choose that option and have an arcade version instead. If you want a simulation, like I do, then the following can easily be added

​1. Email from Manager that you will be taken out for a rest day (annoying when you have the chance to lead the league in a particular category)
        2. Be sent back down in the early days of your Major League career
        ​3. Make two many mistakes, then you sit out or down to the minors for you.
        ​4. Have cuts scenes added similar to NBA2k6
        ​5. reach first base, then have a conversation with the 1st baseman or more importantly with your 1st base coach to see if this is a hit and run situ...
        ​6. Cut scene for 3rd base coach or head coach to swing away or bunt. I miss that....it should have evolved to a more complex set of signs by now.
        ​7. Catcher should be able to pick off first base if he has a high enough rating.
        8. Set up Agent to negotiate options, incoming emails update you on various talks.
        ​9. Pinch runner.
        ​10. Ejections and warnings need to be ramped up to a realistic level, I noted when I tested the system, it took me 5 hit batters in a row before I got tossed.

Basically I want a simulation with more depth for rtts.

Comment

Originally posted by Seyley123 View Post

​Of course you are entitled to your pinion, but you appear to be a bit dismissive of some of the suggestions made by the originator.
          ​IMHO, point number 5, this is a simulation not a game. We need to move closer to what happens in a simulated game and have all the trimmings that go with it. If you don't want that, then don't choose that option and have an arcade version instead. If you want a simulation, like I do, then the following can easily be added

​1. Email from Manager that you will be taken out for a rest day (annoying when you have the chance to lead the league in a particular category)
          2. Be sent back down in the early days of your Major League career
          ​3. Make two many mistakes, then you sit out or down to the minors for you.
          ​4. Have cuts scenes added similar to NBA2k6
          ​5. reach first base, then have a conversation with the 1st baseman or more importantly with your 1st base coach to see if this is a hit and run situ...
          ​6. Cut scene for 3rd base coach or head coach to swing away or bunt. I miss that....it should have evolved to a more complex set of signs by now.
          ​7. Catcher should be able to pick off first base if he has a high enough rating.
          8. Set up Agent to negotiate options, incoming emails update you on various talks.
          ​9. Pinch runner.
          ​10. Ejections and warnings need to be ramped up to a realistic level, I noted when I tested the system, it took me 5 hit batters in a row before I got tossed.

Basically I want a simulation with more depth for rtts.
          I didn't miss a thing, I am saying that I bought a game to play baseball not hang around talking to people or going out buying things or anything else not baseball. I have 2 players right now that I created in 2014 and I am not through their careers. If you added the things you are talking about it would take a hour to get through the game then another half hour chatting and shopping. Then it would take about 6-7 years to take one player through a career. The only things I think would be nice to have is a trophy room to keep my MVP, Silver Slugger etc in and have a HOF induction to see my player incucted.

Comment

While I agree adding all the commentators for each team is an impossible task, just making a huge improvement in the games' commentating is really needed.

It is by far the most repetitive and mundane announcing I've ever heard, easily this games' worst feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_x23 View Post
              While I agree adding all the commentators for each team is an impossible task, just making a huge improvement in the games' commentating is really needed.

It is by far the most repetitive and mundane announcing I've ever heard, easily this games' worst feature.

That's because you've never played an NHL game.

As far as "outside the lines" content goes:

Real life can influence what happens on the field. Just ask the Orioles about that "home" series at the Trop last year.

Ballplayers don't live in a vacuum, but in this game, they do. Where's the world? Why is there no "there" there, and not just in Oakland?

More player investment, in more categories, generally means higher stickiness; repetition, episodic play, and limited focus eventually become tune-outs.

Comment

Well true, I haven't played a hockey game since the late 90's on like Sega Genesis or something...

But the commentating on this game is still really bad.
                Two biggest improvements I'd like to see next year is the commentating, and fielding issues addressed.

As for the rest of your post, I'm guessing you're commenting on other posts in this thread...
                I'm completely lost as to what it's all about, lol.

Comment

I'd like to see them do something different with manager changes as seasons pass. I'm in 2023 with my RTTS and notice the Yankees and Astros still have their 2016 real life managers, maybe some other teams as well. Most teams for a few seasons have had no-name generic managers and coaches too. Why not, when the system decides it's time for a change, bring in a former player as the new manager. For example, I usually play RTTS with the Reds, I'd love to start a new season, or even a mid-season game, and have Matt announce that the Reds have just named Barry Larkin as their new manager. Maybe there would be new licensing hurdles, don't know, but otherwise it just makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by GnarlyGoatDude View Post
                    I'd like to see them do something different with manager changes as seasons pass. I'm in 2023 with my RTTS and notice the Yankees and Astros still have their 2016 real life managers, maybe some other teams as well. Most teams for a few seasons have had no-name generic managers and coaches too. Why not, when the system decides it's time for a change, bring in a former player as the new manager. For example, I usually play RTTS with the Reds, I'd love to start a new season, or even a mid-season game, and have Matt announce that the Reds have just named Barry Larkin as their new manager. Maybe there would be new licensing hurdles, don't know, but otherwise it just makes sense.

I don't think that would cause any issue unless there's a stipulation to specifically how a former players likeness is to be used

Comment

Working...
                    X