Add temper into the game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add temper into the game.

Adding temper to the game would make it so much more fun and exciting by arguing calls and almost getting tossed.

I wish if you had a mic in it would pick up what you're saying. So if you K looking on a pitch outside and you mutter something about the ump he might throw you out lol

Comment

I think if that were true.. I would be tossed in each game!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakize_Vortex View Post
        I think if that were true.. I would be tossed in each game!

I'm right there with you! Haha

Comment

Not going to happen as MLB does not allow brawls/charging the mound to be in the game, closest you'll get is pitchers getting tossed for beaning. Emotion has a better shot of getting an expanded role than something as limited as temper. What I would like to see is for Player Morale to get implemented into RTTS... that would serve a better purpose for the overall feel of the game

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post
            Not going to happen as MLB does not allow brawls/charging the mound to be in the game, closest you'll get is pitchers getting tossed for beaning. Emotion has a better shot of getting an expanded role than something as limited as temper. What I would like to see is for Player Morale to get implemented into RTTS... that would serve a better purpose for the overall feel of the game
            I'm pretty sure we never mentioned charging the mound/brawls. I'm pretty sure we said something like arguing balls and strikes. Or if we argue a close play at first we could get tossed if we don't stop. I know that one used to be in the game in the past. Haven't seen it since roughly 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by wrestler_099 View Post

I'm pretty sure we never mentioned charging the mound/brawls. I'm pretty sure we said something like arguing balls and strikes. Or if we argue a close play at first we could get tossed if we don't stop. I know that one used to be in the game in the past. Haven't seen it since roughly 2012.

I know we see it in everyday baseball but MLB is not going to allow it in the video game... they don't want that type of behavior in the game... I was using charging the mound/brawls as an example as many people have requested for it to be in the game and SDS has stated MLB did not approve so they removed it before final retail build... the closest you will get to arguing a close call is when the instant replay triggers at 1st base and your manager comes out to talk to umps while replay plays and asks you if you want to challenge... as much as I'd like the extras to be added MLB simply won't allow it... best thing for us is going to be if Player Morale is added to your RTTS player... nothing "volatile" will be added to the game

Comment

I want to jump into the stands and beat the living snot out of a drunk fan Chuck Norris style...
                and get suspended for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by romeischillin View Post

I know we see it in everyday baseball but MLB is not going to allow it in the video game... they don't want that type of behavior in the game... I was using charging the mound/brawls as an example as many people have requested for it to be in the game and SDS has stated MLB did not approve so they removed it before final retail build... the closest you will get to arguing a close call is when the instant replay triggers at 1st base and your manager comes out to talk to umps while replay plays and asks you if you want to challenge... as much as I'd like the extras to be added MLB simply won't allow it... best thing for us is going to be if Player Morale is added to your RTTS player... nothing "volatile" will be added to the game

Funny choice of word "volatile" considering the MOST terrifying accident that threatens baseball players on the diamond happens on a regular basis. I consider the line drive comebackers that catch pitchers in the head and face as volatile and intense as it gets. I am a 25 year baseball lifer, endured 14 skull fractures, with reconstructive surgery my orbital, and zygomatic aka cheek bone are anchored with a half dozen screws, metal mesh and steel plates. Pitched all my life and never caught one like i did that day, anyways, my face is holding up after a gnarly recovery and excellent medical technology. I was able to play two years after too, anyways, My point is only to share some true thought about watching a pitcher get domed on the show! An argument between players, umps, coaches, even fights would be nothing compared to the line drives I have seen taken off pitchers faces on this game. I saved a couple for the sheer intensity of what I was watching, I understand how it feels and at the end of the day, if we are going to sit here pick apart and label the game of baseball with what is and is not acceptable for a game, let's start with eliminating the real dangers of the sport, not the antics that occur between players, coaches and umps. I would be perfectly fine having the addition of some words back and forth about a call or some temper that builds throughout games between rival teams, leading to benches clearing and leaving it at that.

Baseball fights and the bickering matches that occur on the diamond is not that serious, lets be real. It is a part if the game. "But we can't approve this childish behavior, can we?!" Of course we SHOULD! It's baseball. We can get real and eliminate a serious event that has led to loss of eyes, sight, cognitive ability, and the list goes on so far as to death. This is a great thread because temper should be allowed in the show, because its baseball, showing tragedy is not necessary if we are gonna split hairs, rid line drives that blow up pitchers before making more rules about how to make the game 'proper' and suitable for young children. OR keep the line drives, add the temper, arguments, BUT have the benches clear for both reasons, to show support for a fallen player maybe seriously hurt AND also to support the tempered player, ump, coach and team fueled arguments that occur in the game.

I say the show deserves more bad call gestures, more benches clearing, and less pitchers faces blasted by 130 mph line drives.

In short, draw the line where a player brings a bat from the dugout... Juan Marichal

Side note, I hope nobody feels attacked by my thoughts, except the mlb maybe. I just felt sharing some unique insight from experience might get us thinking about what is really serious and what is just kinda taken too serious, especially when deciding on whether or not it belongs in a video game.
                  Last edited by LBState49er; 08-29-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_x23 View Post
                    I want to jump into the stands and beat the living snot out of a drunk fan Chuck Norris style...
                    and get suspended for the season.

Just dont do it at the polo grounds, u might catch a whoopin

Comment

Originally posted by PlayedRex View Post
                      I wish if you had a mic in it would pick up what you're saying. So if you K looking on a pitch outside and you mutter something about the ump he might throw you out lol
                      The ump would probably kill me.

Comment

I'd probably get a lengthy suspension for threatening the ump about BS strike/ball calls lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LBState49er View Post

Funny choice of word "volatile" considering the MOST terrifying accident that threatens baseball players on the diamond happens on a regular basis. I consider the line drive comebackers that catch pitchers in the head and face as volatile and intense as it gets. I am a 25 year baseball lifer, endured 14 skull fractures, with reconstructive surgery my orbital, and zygomatic aka cheek bone are anchored with a half dozen screws, metal mesh and steel plates. Pitched all my life and never caught one like i did that day, anyways, my face is holding up after a gnarly recovery and excellent medical technology. I was able to play two years after too, anyways, My point is only to share some true thought about watching a pitcher get domed on the show! An argument between players, umps, coaches, even fights would be nothing compared to the line drives I have seen taken off pitchers faces on this game. I saved a couple for the sheer intensity of what I was watching, I understand how it feels and at the end of the day, if we are going to sit here pick apart and label the game of baseball with what is and is not acceptable for a game, let's start with eliminating the real dangers of the sport, not the antics that occur between players, coaches and umps. I would be perfectly fine having the addition of some words back and forth about a call or some temper that builds throughout games between rival teams, leading to benches clearing and leaving it at that.

Baseball fights and the bickering matches that occur on the diamond is not that serious, lets be real. It is a part if the game. "But we can't approve this childish behavior, can we?!" Of course we SHOULD! It's baseball. We can get real and eliminate a serious event that has led to loss of eyes, sight, cognitive ability, and the list goes on so far as to death. This is a great thread because temper should be allowed in the show, because its baseball, showing tragedy is not necessary if we are gonna split hairs, rid line drives that blow up pitchers before making more rules about how to make the game 'proper' and suitable for young children. OR keep the line drives, add the temper, arguments, BUT have the benches clear for both reasons, to show support for a fallen player maybe seriously hurt AND also to support the tempered player, ump, coach and team fueled arguments that occur in the game.

I say the show deserves more bad call gestures, more benches clearing, and less pitchers faces blasted by 130 mph line drives.

In short, draw the line where a player brings a bat from the dugout... Juan Marichal

Side note, I hope nobody feels attacked by my thoughts, except the mlb maybe. I just felt sharing some unique insight from experience might get us thinking about what is really serious and what is just kinda taken too serious, especially when deciding on whether or not it belongs in a video game.
                          You can't get thrown out of a game for a line drive, and a line drive that hits the pitcher isn't intentional, but fighting is.

Comment

Originally posted by RubbahDuckeh View Post

You can't get thrown out of a game for a line drive, and a line drive that hits the pitcher isn't intentional, but fighting is.
                            Neither is two dugouts uniting for a mate... BUt not allowing a free chance to help someone in need is...

Good point, but not

Comment

Didn't one of the really old baseball game have this? Where you mash a button when your manager comes out to yell at the umprire, the faster you mash the button the more crazy and animated he gets and higher chance of getting tossed...which in turns has a negative or positive effect on the team depending on the situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X