What is the point of Showtime?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of Showtime?

So there I am, bases loaded, Two outs, full count. I activate my showtime and it is a pitch right down the middle. I get all tingly inside and I wait for the timing to be perfect, then hit that power button AND...... strike 3.. missed the ball completely. Okay, freak accident my b. Next game, same thing. Okay, so now I tried using show time any pitch I could and all I do is strike out or hit a foul ball? Did they change it from release and I just miss a memo? Am I doing something wrong?

Couldn't agree more. Showtime is wonderful for pitchers, but I haven't figured out the timing for using it to hit yet. It also is great for stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by pox911 View Post
      Couldn't agree more. Showtime is wonderful for pitchers, but I haven't figured out the timing for using it to hit yet. It also is great for stealing.

After having the game since March and primarily using Showtime for pitching and base stealing (and fielding when prompted) I find using it for hitting is amazing... especially seeing as you can only use it but so many times... I hit the first pitch I saw in the showcase 426 ft for a solo homer leading off for the East Prospects. The next atbat I did not have the ability to use Showtime... I've come to find that it works best in combination with guess pitch and you have to wait for the arrows to be close together before swinging... I'm really hoping the feature returns for MLB The Show 17... not sure about the perks though as I have yet to use those

Comment

Working...
      X